Eurovolley 2023

• I could accept that Antropova plays instead of Paola if she's in better form or injured but why taking Paola and not giving her playing time. She wasn't even set a single ball tonight whereas Bosio set Nwakalor 3 times in a row in the second set. I get she's more comfortable aging with Sylvia bc of the VNL or bc they're friends but these 'easy' matches are exactly the best time to test the team and give playing time to those out of rythm.

We all know that Paola needs playing time in order to play her best but Mazzanti has said that the team from today might be the one for the rest of the tournament.

I can't help but to believe that he's punishing Paola for some weird reason only he understands.

How did Brakocević when she lost her place to Bosković? This is a similar situation because Brakocević has been a biggest star in Serbia.

• How did Brakocević when she lost her place to Bosković? This is a similar situation because Brakocević used to be the biggest star in Serbia.

It’s either Brakočević or Brakocevic lol :lol: don’t do it half way. Also, Bošković :win:

Bošković was far more talented and Terzić saw she could be next big thing, while Brako was 28 already when she left NT to focus on her family.

Even Brakočević said in an interview that investing in Tijana and making her starter was the right choice as she could never reach Tijana’s level of taleng no matter how hard she worked, so she didn’t take it personally.

However Antropova isn’t more talented then Egonu, nor will she reach Egonu’s level, so I don’t think it’s the right comparison

• It is difficult to predict who will reach what level, especially in relation to such a young person as Antropova. Two, that talent is not everything. Are also important: hard work, character, mental toughness etc. Balotelli also had great talent in football but he didn't use it.

• Once again, such a stupid and lame comparison. For comments like this, Egonu suffered a break down during the last ECH. Even though it was said multiple times, their cases are totally different. These three players were born in Italy, raised up in Italy, learnt how to play this sport in Italy and fruit of the organised Italian vball system + hunting. Paola even speaks with a typic Veneto accent from Cittadella, while Sylvia with a Lombard one. These three players speak Italian much better than many other Italians. The fact their origins are African dont make them less Italian. And...why nobody mention/mentioned Malinov, whose origins arent "Italians" either? Perhaps cuz she is white? We all know the answer: RACISM.

Carutasu case is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. If you want to troll back, at least get straight well the facts. Her case is comparable (in a way) to Aguero and, much more, Costagrande. Even today we had a similar (not identical) case in front of us: Antropova. But not, in the narrow-minded view: attacking the players with black background...

You cannot stop finding excuses for sweeping the real RACISM under the rug...he just gave an example of three players who happens to have Nigerian origins, why would he give the example of Malinov, Sylla, Fahr or Sorokaite who have different backgrounds from each other....

• banning people a

Once again, such a stupid and lame comparison. For comments like this, Egonu suffered a break down during the last ECH. Even though it was said multiple times, their cases are totally different. These three players were born in Italy, raised up in Italy, learnt how to play this sport in Italy and fruit of the organised Italian vball system + hunting. Paola even speaks with a typic Veneto accent from Cittadella, while Sylvia with a Lombard one. These three players speak Italian much better than many other Italians. The fact their origins are African dont make them less Italian. And...why nobody mention/mentioned Malinov, whose origins arent "Italians" either? Perhaps cuz she is white? We all know the answer: RACISM.

Carutasu case is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. If you want to troll back, at least get straight well the facts. Her case is comparable (in a way) to Aguero and, much more, Costagrande. Even today we had a similar (not identical) case in front of us: Antropova. But not, in the narrow-minded view: attacking the players with black background...

I don't think it's necessarily racism (i.e them being black). It's just that they are obviously not ethnically Italian. Same buzz if Egonu looks like Zhu Ting. Malinov just shares the general profile of a typical Italian. So not very obvious.

2. Egonu and Sylla (particularly Egonu) practically carries team Italy. If she's an average player, no one will care that much about her "ethnicity."

Just like how Vargas is generating so much buzz. Because she became the main player of Turkiye. People are yapping "oh, you won because bla bla bla."

3. There was also similar noise sorrounding Antropova. And she's white. Simply because her name and background is from a high profile VB country (Russia).

So i don't think it's about racism at all. Atleast most of it isn't.

• Another comment which won't be deleted by Matthias but he will delete when a turkish user answers.

What I really want to do is just burn this fucking place down. I'm so sick and tired of every thread turning into a discussion about naturalizations ending up with racism and insults and starting all over from the beginning a day later. I don't care anymore who starts and who ends it, I don't have the nerve to double check every post whether anyone might find it offensive and delete it and just ban a dozen people, so just do whatever you want, I'm outta here for now :wavy: There's only a handful people left who are actually contributing anything valuable to this site, and those few are so annoyed that they'll soon be gone (or already are) as well. Great achievement everyone, but of course in the end it's going to be my fault again because I didn't do my job.

• She is not “such young person”, Egonu played WCH finals at her age, in 2018, and was awarded “best opposite” of that competition.

Okay, but she didn't win anything big with the team. I know she is still young and has time but healthy competition in the team never hurts. As long as it's a competition and not some Mazzanti game. For example, Ivan Zaitsev was an outstanding Italian volleyball player but he didn`t win anything great with the national team: he only reached a few finals. When Zaitsev left the team Italy won the European and World Championships.

• She is not “such young person”, Egonu played WCH finals at her age, in 2018, and was awarded “best opposite” of that competition.

She's only 20. Not everyone can be like Egonu or Bosco or Arina who arrived swinging right away as teenagers. Lots can happen for Antropova if she gets it right. Some players can be late bloomers as they say.

• Haak from Sweden is also less talented than Egonu, which doesn`t mean that he must always play worse than her. Egon's Italy has been very predictable in previous seasons and it was a bit of a surprise that Mazzanti played with her every game. Now it's doing a 180% turnaround and the only question is why?

Okay, but she didn't win anything big with the team. I know she is still young and has time but healthy competition in the team never hurts. As long as it's a competition and not some Mazzanti game. For example, Ivan Zaitsev was an outstanding Italian volleyball player but he didn`t win anything great with the national team: he only reached a few finals. When Zaitsev left the team Italy won the European and World Championships.

Zaitsev was bad when De Giorgi cut him. He is not young and neccesery player. From the other side Egonu is still young she is on the TOP and she is much better than Kate. Wrong example.

• I was one that was claiming why pietrini didn't played at vnl and was treated like a core player

she had a bad wch and bad club season and she needed to prove her value

She was starter and made only 2 points and struggle a lot to make points

• I was one that was claiming why pietrini didn't played at vnl and was treated like a core player

she had a bad wch and bad club season and she needed to prove her value

She was starter and made only 2 points and struggle a lot to make points

Yes its very strange. When she is playing she is so subdued like she does not care at all. In club season was like a player o ready to retire and despite all these she is still starter. I do not understand why they treated her like a Queen . She also did not play in VNL....

Should fight not only for her position in the starting six but also for the position in the team. Now she is by far the worst OH of all the Italian OH ( and from the players who Manzatti cut) and she instead of cutting she is a starter withought trying hard .

Manzatti ladies and gentlemen.....

• I am very angry with Mazzanti again. For putting me in a tight spot at the guessing game by saying he's going to play Nwakalor this time.

• Pietrini at some point lost her place in the Scandicci squad. It's not like she always plays. She didn't play much in the Italian team at the World Cup last year. I also understand that Mazzanti may want to rebuild her after a difficult season. In the end, however, she has to start playing at a high level because if she can't score points with Romania, then with whom?

• No, but could’ve made some drama about it if we wanted to for sure.

you most certainly did 😂

• I can't imagine bosetti being in a worse form than Pietrini🤦