Eurovolley 2023

• I know it's just the opening game and there can be found little considerations and indications from it, but to be honest I'm quite uninspired about the performance. Connection is just not there, both with Orro and Bosio, which is weird considering how much emphasis was put on that by Mazzanti. I'm sure it's just the emotion of the debut... :roll: I don't understand the abuse of trying to do that fake set out of the back too. It rarely works and most of the time it's more of a liabilty rather than a plus.

I didn't like the passing very much: maybe the stats will look better than I thought, but the feeling I had is that it's doubtful we can escape unharmed an eventual match against one of the title pretenders if we pass and defend like that. On the bright side, Antropova is going to be a huge help for our OOS plays, which is an aspect of the game I fear we'll have to work hard.

Last but not least, while the location and the atmosphere was unbelievable, other than a great promotion for our country, I'm not a fan of outdoor volleyball. Once in a while it's fine, but let's not make it a rule.

First of all, Pietrini played very poorly in attack again. This will be a serious problem if it doesn't change. There was also some chaos, errors, etc. Italy's Euro 2021 also started slowly, just like the World Champ last year and ended with medals... After these problems and scandals, I will be happy even with a bronze medal. It is also crucial to win confidently against weaker rivals so as not to lose points in the world ranking.

• I also like Degradi girl. But what I love most about her is the positive energy and sweetness it gives. I think that's the naivety that Italy needs at the moment.

• Degradi was great at attack once again, she degradied her haters 8)8)8) I really don't know why people didn't want her in the roster, she's far from being one of the main problems on the current roster.

Because she's error prone

• What exactly did he say wrong? Carutasu and Vargas are naturalized, and that’s how it is. They are Romanian and Cuban.

“Pure Italians” is a bit off though, since they are obviously of different origin, but they are born in Italy and therefor obviously eligable to play for Italy as “Italians”

I understand the frustration with how much naturalization topic is forces here unnecessarily, but it’s not like we can deny the fact that both Carutasu and Varagas aren’t Turkish, or born and raised in Turkey

Funny, you wrote what was actually wrong then asked "what exactly did he say wrong?"

• What exactly did he say wrong? Carutasu and Vargas are naturalized, and that’s how it is. They are Romanian and Cuban.

“Pure Italians” is a bit off though, since they are obviously of different origin, but they are born in Italy and therefor obviously eligable to play for Italy as “Italians”

I understand the frustration with how much naturalization topic is forces here unnecessarily, but it’s not like we can deny the fact that both Carutasu and Varagas aren’t Turkish, or born and raised in Turkey

Why every single day the certain users bringing this naturalization case again and again (Carutasu isn’t playing for Turkiye rn). Enough is enough. For example İtalian futsal team has at least 6-7 Brazilian naturalized players so what? And more importantly, how they will feel if we bring Antropova’s naturalization case every single day.

• the president of the greek fed said

"I will not mention those who are absent and those who are missing, whose names we have erased from our minds. And if you want to know more, ask them yourselves, because they declined the invitation to the National team."

• I was doing match prediction and in finland side I didn't see anna czakan

Any news? She was so good in 2021,great connection with alanko,finland main attacker

• First of all, Pietrini played very poorly in attack again. This will be a serious problem if it doesn't change. There was also some chaos, errors, etc. Italy's Euro 2021 also started slowly, just like the World Champ last year and ended with medals... After these problems and scandals, I will be happy even with a bronze medal. It is also crucial to win confidently against weaker rivals so as not to lose points in the world ranking.

I would even say dreadful, but she is one of the players in need of playtime in order to find some form, just like Egonu. Considering how unhappy Paola looked today though, I believe the drama is far from over and I'm not sure that right now we have the tools to sweep things under the rug.

Degradi was great at attack once again, she degradied her haters 8)8)8) I really don't know why people didn't want her in the roster, she's far from being one of the main problems on the current roster.

The thing is she tends to be inconstant and when she's off on offence she becomes a problem in defence too. That's why I would've called one between her and Omoruyi rather than both of them, excluding Bosetti.

• Funny, you wrote what was wrong then asked "what is wrong?"

Why every single day the certain users bringing this naturalization case again and again (Carutasu isn’t playing for Turkiye rn). Enough is enough. For example İtalian futsal team has 6-7 Brazilian naturalized players so what? İt’s not like Turkiye only doing it. And more importantly, how they will feel if we bring Antropova’s naturalization case every single day.

I understand but just gnore it then and users will be bored to bring it up contstantly..

Did we ask for a ban of a certain users who bring false narative about Boskovic “being offered to Azerbaijan NT”, or false naratives about her ethnicity and culture while having 0 idea about that? About Mihajlovic as well? No, but could’ve made some drama about it if we wanted to for sure.

Both Antropova (doesn’t matter how she is counted) and Vargas are naturalized, simple as that. There’s no reason to be mad when someone mentions it cause it is true, and there is no reason to bring it up constantly as well

• I was doing match prediction and in finland side I didn't see anna czakan

I think that she retired. She didn't play for any team last season.

• But should Egonu play if she's in worse shape than Antropova? Is she able to accept the reserve role for longer or will she leave the national team, for example, like Diouf? Many questions, few answers...

I could accept that Antropova plays instead of Paola if she's in better form or injured but why taking Paola and not giving her playing time. She wasn't even set a single ball tonight whereas Bosio set Nwakalor 3 times in a row in the second set. I get she's more comfortable aging with Sylvia bc of the VNL or bc they're friends but these 'easy' matches are exactly the best time to test the team and give playing time to those out of rythm.

We all know that Paola needs playing time in order to play her best but Mazzanti has said that the team from today might be the one for the rest of the tournament.

I can't help but to believe that he's punishing Paola for some weird reason only he understands.

• Nigeria needs Egonu, Omoruyi and Nwakalor trio:roll:

Once again, such a stupid and lame comparison. For comments like this, Egonu suffered a break down during the last ECH. Even though it was said multiple times, their cases are totally different. These three players were born in Italy, raised up in Italy, learnt how to play this sport in Italy and fruit of the organised Italian vball system + hunting. Paola even speaks with a typic Veneto accent from Cittadella, while Sylvia with a Lombard one. These three players speak Italian much better than many other Italians. The fact their origins are African dont make them less Italian. And...why nobody mention/mentioned Malinov or Fahr, whose origins arent "Italians" either? Perhaps cuz they are white? We all know the answer: RACISM.

Carutasu case is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. If you want to troll back, at least get straight well the facts. Her case is comparable (in a way) to Aguero and, much more, Costagrande. Even today we had a similar (not identical) case in front of us: Antropova. But not, in the narrow-minded view: attacking the players with black background...