Eurovolley 2023

• Again and then they complained that people ate racist towards Turkey.

So you are defending racist behaviors? Mussolini is that you?

• Lol we go through the same issues again but look who started it once again with yet another provocative message. I will keep reminding this everytime the same 2-3 users provoke so hopefully it will be more clear and finally they will get a ban.

• I know it's just the opening game and there can be found little considerations and indications from it, but to be honest I'm quite uninspired about the performance. Connection is just not there, both with Orro and Bosio, which is weird considering how much emphasis was put on that by Mazzanti. I'm sure it's just the emotion of the debut... :roll: I don't understand the abuse of trying to do that fake set out of the back too. It rarely works and most of the time it's more of a liabilty rather than a plus.

I didn't like the passing very much: maybe the stats will look better than I thought, but the feeling I had is that it's doubtful we can escape unharmed an eventual match against one of the title pretenders if we pass and defend like that. On the bright side, Antropova is going to be a huge help for our OOS plays, which is an aspect of the game I fear we'll have to work hard.

Last but not least, while the location and the atmosphere was unbelievable, other than a great promotion for our country, I'm not a fan of outdoor volleyball. Once in a while it's fine, but let's not make it a rule.

• you enjoy her culturally appropriating a black/african hair style?

hzKFvkn.png

Oh please. Here we go again with that. Can we stop thinking that the world revolves around black people? Braiding hair is not exclusive to them. The vikings did it and heck, it is also present in other cultures.

At this rate we're going, we might as well not interact with black people. Lest we be called racist all the time.

• you enjoy her culturally appropriating a black/african hair style?

hzKFvkn.png

Cultural appropriation is not a real thing for many European cultures, at least not to the extent that you see it in USA. This Pietrini’s hairstyle resembles African, yes, but braiding hair (even small braids) is also part of many European cultures (Slavic ones for sure)..

I don’t believe Italians are either that aware or sensitive about what you may consider “appropriation”.. otherwise they could go mad about “Chicago, Hawaii” or whatever style of Pizza you have.. Is having blonde hair for African person also cultural appropriation then?

It’s very different subject and I went a bit off topic, sorry bout that.

• Cultural appropriation is not a real thing for many European cultures, at least not to the extent that you see it in USA. This Pietrini’s hairstyle resembles African, yes, but braiding hair (even small braids) is also part of many European cultures (Slavic ones for sure)..

I don’t believe Italians are either that aware or sensitive about what you may consider “appropriation”.. otherwise they could go mad about “Chicago, Hawaii” or whatever style of Pizza you have.. Is having blonde hair for African person also cultural appropriation then?

The hairstyle that Pietrini had today was quite popular among young girls in Europe in the early 2000s. Back then, boys put their hair on the gel up in the form of spikes.

• Cultural appropriation is not a real thing for many European cultures, at least not to the extent that you see it in USA. This Pietrini’s hairstyle resembles African, yes, but braiding hair (even small braids) is also part of many European cultures (Slavic ones for sure)..

I understand avid to a certain degree though. These kinds of things are so weaponized in the USA so people are walking on eggshells around each other over there.

So it's baffling to them how little we care about things like this.

Asians also don't even care that much. They call things like this culture "appreciation."

Asians who were born and grew up in Asia that is.

Liberal Asian Americans would agree eith avid.

• I know it’s big thing in US rn, that’s why I tried to explain from European perspective, as I don’t think there’s much difference between us Serbs and Italians in that matter od how we look at it, or any European country (other then UK perhaps)

I can agree with Asian absolutely :lol: I didn’t know about that term but I like it, it perfectly describes the situation from my point of view as well

• pietrini's hair is a tragedy.

It is a homage to Egonu

• Another comment which won't be deleted by Matthias but he will delete when a turkish user answers.

What exactly did he say wrong? Carutasu and Vargas are naturalized, and that’s how it is. They are Romanian and Cuban.

“Pure Italians” is a bit off though, since they are obviously of different origin, but they are born in Italy and therefor obviously eligable to play for Italy as “Italians”

I understand the frustration with how much naturalization topic is forces here unnecessarily, but it’s not like we can deny the fact that both Carutasu and Varagas aren’t Turkish, or born and raised in Turkey