Korean Women's NT 2022

• Yeum Hyeseon needs to give her strikers better sets. Still don't understand why she was chosen instead of Kim Dain or Ahn Hyejin.:down:

We already know that Jeongah's service reception is disastrous.

Very confusing choice of NT lineup indeed

Do you want to play senior players or rebuild from young ones? A mix of both extremes is neither here nor there

I don't see Yeum improving further personally and don't find her too suited for the international level & the speed volleyball playstyle Korea should be going for

The coaches seem to like her though, iinw they commented she follows instructions well?

Her sets has been really low and poor even with decent receives thus far though (first game things perhaps...)

• I totally agree. Both Da-In and Hye-Jin are much faster!

I mean I'm not even caring about speed right now. A lot of times she was in a good position to set but the attackers are still not in a good position to spike. They have to resort to a push instead of a spike because the ball is either too far in front of them or too far behind.

Hillstate won almost every match last season and Kim Dain was pretty much their sole setter the entire time. Ahn Hyejin is the setter for the second-ranked team. Cesar then chose the setters of the 5th and 6th placed team to the NT. I failed to understand. :white:

• Her sets has been really low and poor even with decent receives thus far though (first game things perhaps...)

Yep I agree except for the "first game" part. It was like this last year, it's still the same now. I'm tired of this. I don't think it's gonna get better.

If anyone thinks that it's gonna get better, I'd say why not invest in the young setters and believe that they're gonna get better too.

Do you want to play senior players or rebuild from young ones?

I really don't know. The team is at the stage where they're trying to see what works. For this particular NT selection, I just strongly disagree with the setter and libero choices. I think Kim Yeongyeon should be there instead of Han Dahye who barely played last season.

I don't know if Yim Myungok is available or not. She's an older player so maybe she kind of "retired from the NT"?

• I dont think giving park jeong ah captain title is a correct decision, she's much better with happy go lucky mindset.

I also had some concerns about this but who do you think will be a better choice? Maybe Sohwi?

Before this VNL, I think it was just between Jeongah and Heejin and I guess both are still used to being the younger players on court. My pick was also Jeongah because I seriously cannot see Heejin as captain.

KYK will be missed as a Scaptain. She not only has the best leadership but she's also the best player on court. You kind of have to listen to her even if you secretly don't want to. Kim said it well herself. :lol:

• about setter, the korean forum said that some club didnt want to release their player to national team (obviously GS).

I remember coach Cha give interview he doesnt like that ahn hye jin go to national team only to be a back up and pinch server.

He said it affect her performance at the club.

I dont know about Kim da in, maybe she had some injury or needed rest

• about setter, the korean forum said that some club didnt want to release their player to national team (obviously GS).

I remember coach Cha give interview he doesnt like that ahn hye jin go to national team only to be a back up and pinch server.

He said it affect her performance at the club.

Damn... Does this mean that Han Dahye is on the NT because Cha Sanghyun doesn't really care about her performance at the club? :whistle:

• Yep I agree except for the "first game" part. It was like this last year, it's still the same now. I'm tired of this. I don't think it's gonna get better.

(i didn't mean it either🙈 but i wanted to give her a bit of an... excuse if you will)

Yeah I don't think Yeum will improve any further from here, she hasn't improved in the past few years, nor much even when under Lavarini

Before this VNL, I think it was just between Jeongah and Heejin and I guess both are still used to being the younger players on court. My pick was also Jeongah because I seriously cannot see Heejin as captain.

I don't see Heejin as captain, it's hard to describe why exactly but I really can't. Don't recall seeing much leadership from her in v-league...

I don't think Park is happy-go-lucky, she is Clutch Park for a reason and she comes through in a pinch (though unfortunately, quite rarely)

I believe Korea only managed to win Turkey because of her in the Olympics.

Her downside is being too inconsistent, and her lows are bit too poor.

I can't see anyone else being captain.

Needs to come with the confidence of being one (either you're an ace others look to, or someone not mentally shaken even when on a bad day).

This could be a big factor that'll affect how the new NT performs

• It seems that the Korean Volleyball Association and their Polish counterpart made a deal to host each other NT.

Korea WNT will stay in Poland from June 21-26 for training. Whilst there they will have two practice matches with the Polish WNT before heading to Sofia, Bulgaria for the third week of VNL.

After the first week of VNL, Lavarini and the Polish WNT will head to Daejeon, South Korea. The Polish WNT will train in Daejeon from June 7-12 before heading to Manila, Philippines for the second week of VNL. KGC Ginseng Corp. will provide the Polish team with transportation and access to training facilities.

Sources: 1, 2, 3

• Yeah, it is true. I didn't know that Korea will stay in Poland though. I think it is a fruit of Lavarini working with Korea before and also knowing the current staff of Korea. Also it is good for both teams since they do not need to travel so much.

• Is Kang SH fully rehab'd? She seems a little slower than I remember her. Even her serve approach isn't as scarey

• With VNL having the most world ranking points after WCH and Olympics, Korea is on route to dropping below Thailand and Canada (potentially Bulgaria?) when it ends

KVA should re-think about the twins' case. I'm sorry but I can see them 0-15 for this VNL.

So yeah I must agree

At least by 2023 if they want to qualify for the Olympics under the new criteria

Though to what extent can they carry the team, since the players in the other positions are worrying as well

• Is Kang SH fully rehab'd? She seems a little slower than I remember her. Even her serve approach isn't as scarey

I agree. I don't know why some of the players are so slow and "different."

I hate to say this but they seem not into it or "trying."

Maybe it's the synergy with everyone new.

Leadership is not easy and KYK's absence is definitely felt.

It must be hard on Park JeongAh. Sigh.

• I highly agree with you on Yeom. She may be liked because her father is a volleyball coach for highschoolers in Korea. So probably connections.

She's not that great. Decent but nothing noteworthy. I feel we need a faster, younger setter.

• 14th Asian Girls' U18 Volleyball Championship

Nakhon Pathom, Thailand

The tournament will start tomorrow June 6 (Mon) and end on June 13 (Mon). According to thespike.co.kr, Asian Volleyball Confederation will stream the matches live on their youtube channel.

Korea Women's U18 Group A Match Schedule:

DateTime (GMT+7)Opponent
    Jun 7 (Tue)09:00Uzbekistan
    Jun 8 (Wed)11:30Australia
    Jun 9 (Thu)19:00Iran
    Jun 10 (Fri)REST DAY
    Jun 11 (Sat)16:30Thailand

Full Schedule on AVC

Korean Women's U18 Team Roster