Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• But what about Otomo's daughter what makes her promising? have you seen her play? In the articles I've read it says she's participating in the upcoming Asian games

I watched her at last Haruko. I would say for say for a 15/16 y/old she seems to have a pretty good volleyball IQ, manifested in aim (of her hits). She's another one of these "tall" youngsters that plays everywhere. I've seen her listed as MB/S/OP and in the new NT Wide as OH. She also played the receiving line with Kyoei for a rotation or so -- what do we do with these tall players? Others have written Japan always tries to force them to the middle. Maybe that's changing

Anyway, so she's got all these around skills. The thing with her "aim" is that while she's called upon to hit from all over the court she seems to understand where to hit it to -- I know that's vague and subjective and she did make 15/16 year old mistakes. Also, like Furukawa, she seems very comfortable in her 16 y/old thin tall body** [edit] actually a lot more comfortable than Furukawa did at 16.

Another one of these tall youngsters to keep an eye on, and wait to find out what position she plays is Ayane Kitamado. She's signed to SAGA now. Came from SEIEI HS who lost to Furukawa Gakuen in the Haruka FINAL. A MB/OP type who also receives and back attacks

Then , of course , we have the wonderful Yuzuki Baba coming up :) You'll be hearing about her if you haven't already. She played in that U16 DOMOVIP Cup (Champions!) last month, and just entered first year HS at Kinrankai. Only 180cm so far. But she applied to play, and started in the recent Sakura Volley Tournament and looked like a senior. They won it

• Highschool volleyball is extremely difficult for me to follow. I can't keep up with so many new faces every year. But good to know that Nepo baby isn't just all hype. I don't really know Ai Otomo as a player but I noticed players that come from a volleyball family are always intensely competitive.

It's Kinrakai's era now. Seitoku is over.

• Highschool volleyball is extremely difficult for me to follow. I can't keep up with so many new faces every year. But good to know that Nepo baby isn't just all hype. I don't really know Ai Otomo as a player but I noticed players that come from a volleyball family are always intensely competitive.

It's Kinrakai's era now. Seitoku is over.

High School teams go up and down because players have to leave :lol: Seitoku isn't over , they're just in transition :drink:

Have a look at these volleybox pages ... Editions, Ranking, Medal Table, Winners ... for an overview. I believe Kinrankai is a fairly new school comparatively , which is why they aren't "ranked" higher

Following HS (and Uni) ball is difficult. But think of it this way in terms of time commitment ... You, and most others here, I think, follow all kinds of world leagues, men and women. I flirt with Turkish girls a bit, and enjoy a few SEA teams, but not super in depth, and nothing really beyond that. And absolutely no man version stuff

I just enjoy knowing a little bit about these kids when they enter V.League ... and gosh darn it, HS and Uni ball is really exciting (like V.League--the good teams are more fun than the sucky teams)

• what is nepo baby? i don't get it

Nepo is short for nepotism. The child of a legendary/successful/popular public figure. It's usually used in a negative way to describe talentless children of celebrities that have way too much privilege.

Beckham's son for example. Can't kick corner kick and assist to save his life.

• Saga will participate in the Asian Club Championship

Nakajima, Fukazawa, Mika something, and rookie Kitamado will probably be the starters for this

I heard that Dai Nam University is a new team comprising most of their NT members. This could make them a moderately strong team, as are Altay, Diamond Food and Liaoning, depending on which players they get as reinforcement. However I think Hisamitsu’s chances are pretty good, if their regular starters are involved.

• I heard that Dai Nam University is a new team comprising most of their NT members. This could make them a moderately strong team, as are Altay, Diamond Food and Liaoning, depending on which players they get as reinforcement. However I think Hisamitsu’s chances are pretty good, if their regular starters are involved.

Can 4T participate in this?

Saga's younger players could use this opportunity especially Fukazawa who is aiming to be the next ace of Saga. I'm sure there's some frustration on her part not being able to fully play throughout the season. She may have picked up an injury I don't really see Sakai yanking her out completely if she's able to play.

• Can 4T participate in this?

Saga's younger players could use this opportunity especially Fukazawa who is aiming to be the next ace of Saga. I'm sure there's some frustration on her part not being able to fully play throughout the season. She may have picked up an injury I don't really see Sakai yanking her out completely if she's able to play.

It seems that she would...https://m.facebook.com/story.p…PEbujl&id=100028127661288

Edit

sorry.....they didn’t say for sure she would, but it is their national team. I’m only assuming she would be included :lol:

• Phoenix

4T's participation still up in the air...

Code
    1. Although Tran Thi Thanh Thuy returned to Vietnam on March 28, because PFU BlueCats Club did not enter the Final Round of the top 4 teams in V.League (Japan). At the same time, according to FIVB regulations, clubs must return athletes to the national team to compete in official tournaments in the international system. But most likely, Tran Thi Thanh Thuy will not be able to compete in the 2023 Asian Women's Club Cup in her hometown...?
    2. Because as has been reported, if the women's national team registers to attend the 2023 Asian Women's Club Championship in Vinh Phuc in the name of Dai Nam University Club, it will violate the contractual agreement between Binh Dien Long An Club and the club. PFU BlueCats (Japan). Even though the PFU BlueCats Club is no longer playing, they only return athletes to the women's national team or rest, but cannot compete under another club's shirt. Therefore, it is likely that Binh Dien Long An Club will send an official letter to discuss this situation with VFV because they do not want to be penalized by the partner for breach of the contract.

...translation from bongchuyensaigon.online

• Phoenix

4T's participation still up in the air...

Code
    1. Although Tran Thi Thanh Thuy returned to Vietnam on March 28, because PFU BlueCats Club did not enter the Final Round of the top 4 teams in V.League (Japan). At the same time, according to FIVB regulations, clubs must return athletes to the national team to compete in official tournaments in the international system. But most likely, Tran Thi Thanh Thuy will not be able to compete in the 2023 Asian Women's Club Cup in her hometown...?
    2. Because as has been reported, if the women's national team registers to attend the 2023 Asian Women's Club Championship in Vinh Phuc in the name of Dai Nam University Club, it will violate the contractual agreement between Binh Dien Long An Club and the club. PFU BlueCats (Japan). Even though the PFU BlueCats Club is no longer playing, they only return athletes to the women's national team or rest, but cannot compete under another club's shirt. Therefore, it is likely that Binh Dien Long An Club will send an official letter to discuss this situation with VFV because they do not want to be penalized by the partner for breach of the contract.

...translation from bongchuyensaigon.online

she would have to be transferred for a fee, but that is not going to happen if she had a multi year contract with PFU.

• Victorina fired their head coach before the Challenge Match.
    https://www.victorina-vc.jp/information/himeji/20230330-01/

Shun Takahashi will be the interim coach and they’ll be looking for a new coach in the off-season. Takahashi has been with Himeji from 2017 as a coach.

Needed to be done but holy pronto!

Abo's been with Himeji since the beginning, as GM, and was Japan's main U-Squad Coach before that, like 2014–2018. Always figured he was a Manabe buddy. Might get awkward around the water cooler if Abo sticks around in some capacity. He will probably leave Himeji all together and start a new life

• Interesting Part 1 interview with Masaaki Ohkawa ... not sure of his name translation 大河正明(おおかわ・まさあき)

In February this year, the Japan Volleyball League Organization (V League Organization) announced a policy to launch a new league from the 2024-25 season. Masaaki Ohkawa, vice chairman of the V-League organization, spoke about the concept on this stage. He has made a great contribution to the J.League, which he has been involved with since 1995. In 2015, he launched the B.League as chairman and laid the foundation for the professional basketball world. How did Taiga enter the world of volleyball, and what role does he play now?

"Volleyball is a culture of cheering on players rather than a culture of cheering on teams. Also, when I go to watch men's matches, more than 80% of them are female fans, and most of them are in their 20s to 40s. Instead of cheering as a group, I feel like I'm watching my favorite player while filming with a camera"