Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• I'm not sure if she was injured but she was not rostered at all in the final 14 per game, so I assume yes. She could've helped in some of their games last season, when both SWP and Hirose are not performing well. She can take the spot of Hirose as the first sub for SWP. I love watching Furuya's strong attacks but still inconsistent, and her floor defense is bad.

Furuya was like a BCS in Uni. Kind of turned me off on her and she's never recovered. She's a firecracker, tho, for sure, and as you say, inconsistent. Unless she splits NEC I think she'll never be anything more than a dub-subber, occasional player

The thing I like about her most is that all her team mates seem to really like her, would pick her to be with if they were on a deserted island :drink:

I was also disappointed with Kawakami. Her softness is her strength until it prevents her from doing anything

• Thee most unnecessary haircut of the night , and the biggest personality changer award goes to Satomi Fukudome

Is that Nanami Hirose :what:

• Damn this B Court at Fukaya Big Turtle with the weak audio. I wanna hear some screaming

• Yuka Yamaguchi's adorability quotient has been at a fever pitch this tournament

• UGH she is so cute<3

How's Asano doing? she apparently has a younger brother who also plays volleyball but idk who it is.

I wish I could make a moving gif of that moment with Sayaka. It was hot :heart:

I honestly have hardly noticed Asano. I'm focused on the new OP Yoshida, and Hyodo is always a distraction

• I'm not familiar with both girls. I'll try to go over the names again later. Is their head coach still the same?

Denso has a new coach this year, Takeshi Tsuji. He coached Denso before. Their previous HC is now with Manabe NT . Gen something

Hyodo and Airi Tahara used to lead the Denso Bench Dances. Huggable as all get out

• This PFU vs Hitachi game is good.

Damn, missed it. Will check it on a replay. Weirdly, I haven't seen more than snippets of either of those teams

I'm loving the Uni Girls. The one coming up (if I can stay up) against V2 Hamamatsu should be a walk in the park

• I thought of boycotting PFU when I saw Kanoha Kagamihara isn't rostered. That's esoteric, but true. We go way back. She's either got some chronic injury or she's psycho. She's hardly dressed in the year and a half she's been with the team. Now that Yumi Nakagawa Hayashi is back, Kanoha should Transfer Hope out of there

• I thought of boycotting PFU when I saw Kanoha Kagamihara isn't rostered. That's esoteric, but true. We go way back. She's either got some chronic injury or she's psycho. She's hardly dressed in the year and a half she's been with the team. Now that Yumi Nakagawa Hayashi is back, Kanoha should Transfer Hope out of there

Has there been any girls from Tsukuba who became a success with their teams? I feel like they all fell short of expectations.

• Has there been any girls from Tsukuba who became a success with their teams? I feel like they all fell short of expectations.

That's good and painful point :)

I don't know their long tail with success, but I think of the players of the past 5 years that I know, Mandai is the only one who came with expectations. Mandai who?

• When did you start rooting for Asano? Is it because she was in that tiktok video with Mikoto Shima?:rolll:

Tiktok? the only girl that appeared with Shima is Hiroyo Yamanaka. I also really like Shima but I know what she's like on the court.

I like Asano after seeing her funfacts thingy that Denso started doing in their stories and she said that if she wasn't a volleyball player she'd probably go into racing.

• BUT THAT'S THE CUTIE LIBERO SHE'S AN ACTUAL RAY OF SUNSHINE you cannot cancel her

If you hadn't said that I would have thought he was referring to Asano. I don't want to know Fukudome likes pineapple on pizza