Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• People don't talk much about Yukiko Wada. She's 12/21 so far tonight, hitting over 50% on the season. She's been quietly kicking ass, when she gets the chance, for about a year now

I really like her. Even last season, she is very efficient, and I enjoyed more the times she is on the court for JT replacing Annie :cheesy: I'm happy she is again getting a lot of court time.

• This being Jaja's last season with Saitama, there will be a sure slot for a middle from the team's deep stable next season. Shiina used to be promising but I observed she has not improved much. But with her height and relative youth, I am very much rooting for her.

Welcome to volleycountry :wavy:

so, where will Jaja go next season? Will she remain in Japan?

<3 Jaja

• I think this is her fifth playing year with Saitama and being a foreign player, correct me if I'm wrong, she cannot play with the same team beyond that.

I have no idea. Seems like there might be some random rule like that , but now that I think about it, how long has Kulan been with Toray, ... just looked, Doris was with PFU for 7 seasons, so ... :?:

• The guy doing color commentary for the JT Toray match must be some old coach who people think is a barrel of wisdom

• Welcome to volleycountry :wavy:

so, where will Jaja go next season? Will she remain in Japan?

<3 Jaja

I have no idea. Maybe South Korea with their new ruling welcoming Asian players? Who knows. But given sitenoise opinion about this limit as non-existent, and the fact that she has well bonded with the team's system, she might stay with Saitama for longer.

• 10 out of 24 matches played so far this year have gone full set

• Yuki Nishikawa = 14/32 @43.75%

Yoshino Nishikawa = 7/16 @43.75%

Get out :)

• Karsta Lowe is all business except for the shoes. I had forgotten about her big hand slap thing

• 2022.11.06 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Saitama 3–0 PFU

25-17

25-18

25-15

75–50

Kurobe 3–2 Himeji

19-25

17-25

25-18

25-22

15-13

101–103

Toyota 1–3 NEC

25-21

23-25

20-25

18-25

86–96

Denso 3–2 Hitachi

25-17

23-25

26-28

25-16

15-13

114–99

SAGA 3–0 Okayama

25-20

25-22

25-23

75–65

Toray 3–2 JT

25-21

25-27

19-25

25-22

15-13

109–108

Last night JT won the tie break 15–13, tonight Toray wins 15–13. There's nice rivalry there

All three tie breaks tonight 15–13 . Good matchups. Bottom Dwellers; Middleweights; Top dawgs

Fun stuff

• haven't seen her for quite a while...did she lose weight?

I haven't seen her for some time either ... I couldn't say

• Attendance at Kurobe City General Sports Center for these last two masterpieces was 830 last night , 800 tonight. That's not enough

• Oh god am I reading Tugbas stats right!? That is truly horrendous. Her performance should be better than this. If this is how she will perform whole season I think it's clear why Turkey is struggling so much with their left side spikers. I mean the Japanese spikers are performin alot better. Maybe it is because she is not used to the quicker sets? I've thought Turkey NT been using very high slow sets recently compared to how they used to play (mostly because of Karakurt?). Her strength in NT was attack not defense. :P

• Oh god am I reading Tugbas stats right!? That is truly horrendous. Her performance should be better than this. If this is how she will perform whole season I think it's clear why Turkey is struggling so much with their left side spikers. I mean the Japanese spikers are performin alot better. Maybe it is because she is not used to the quicker sets? I've thought Turkey NT been using very high slow sets recently compared to how they used to play (mostly because of Karakurt?). Her strength in NT was attack not defense. :P

Tbf Tugba is performing better than when Merete Lutz started out last year. Kurobe was as expected a BAD choice for Tugba, had they put her for example in a club like Denso where Neriman is she might actually improve. Their entire team is still in testing mode so many of their former players left after last season and their current setter is quite terrible.

• they did. JT is technically a national team which Hisamitsu used to be

JT is not like Hisamitsu since Hayashi is not an ace and the only other A Team NTer there is Momii both still unknown to the general public. Toray is the current Hisamitsu since they have Mayu and Kurogo both well known by the GP.

• Hisamitsu is still largely the most popular and most decorated club in Japan thanks to Nakada's 3 stars. JT will only become the local NT should they produce superstars as big as Hisamitsu's trinity. NEC is out of the question only Koga is popular.

• there is no rule for foreigners being limited to time in country.

there is a rule which says if a foreigner has played in Japan long enough, they are not counted as a foreign player for the quota.