Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• It is. You've probably seen it if you watched animes... Japan has 2 types of Valentine's Day. During the actual Valentine's, girls give boys chocolate, flowers etc and then on "White Day" which is on March 14 it's the boys turn to give the girls gifts. So basically Valentine's (as in the day itself) in Japan is mostly about the boys.

that sounds like a huge hassle. why not just do both on the same day?!? idgi

• Girls have to wait a whole month lol not even the next day but next month:lol: brooo Japanese girls must have some patience because if that happened where I live that girl would be gone :obey:

• This escalated quickly

It's just a Japanese thing. Teen tradition mostly.

Koreans also celebrate White Day.

V League only celebrates male players even during White Day. Like last year for White Day they had the male players with the most number of votes to do a cute photoshoot.

• Koreans also celebrate White Day.

V League only celebrates male players even during White Day. Like last year for White Day they had the male players with the most number of votes to do a cute photoshoot.

I thought VL wanted to be more inclusive wasn't that one of their goals or something when they changed their president:/

• I thought VL wanted to be more inclusive wasn't that one of their goals or something when they changed their president:/

Their top priorities from what I remember is to have a bigger budget, more sponsors and attract big foreign names to come play in the league.

• She's really pretty! but I don't remember her playing at all. I don't think she was active when JT won back to back championships.

She rostered up a couple times, maybe took a grand total of 7 swings, maybe it was in that V-Cup thing

Anyway, I noticed she was dressed and on the bench over the last weekend. Baby steps

• i dont even know who that is

you follow HS ball a bit don't you? I think if you saw her you'd remember. She was BCS for Kyoei Gakuen in 2021 Championship. Took 90% of team swings, from all over the court, front, back, right, left. Like Arina Tsutsumi did in 2022. Ugly ugly ball, but they both almost almost ...

I thought JT was gonnna convert her to MB

• you follow HS ball a bit don't you? I think if you saw her you'd remember. She was BCS for Kyoei Gakuen in 2021 Championship. Took 90% of team swings, from all over the court, front, back, right, left. Like Arina Tsutsumi did in 2022. Ugly ugly ball, but they both almost almost ...

I thought JT was gonnna convert her to MB

no not at all. i only know some of the stuff through articles but i don't watch hs volleyball. first of all i can't even read whatever's written on their jerseys it's a massive pain in the ass to try and figure out which school is which only seitoku has an english name the rest are in kanji and some of them don't have their surnames on the back. i don't how you're able to follow them.

regarding this koyama girl. i did a quick search on volleybox and saw that she's 178. looking at the photos on her ig she doesn't look like she's tall in fact if i had to guess i thought she'd be a setter. i take it that her acl is only a partial tear and since she moved that much in hs she probably needs better conditioning going into the big league.

how was her vertical before?

• how was her vertical before?

Average. She doesn't seem very athletic, so it was surprising to me that she punched from everywhere like that, and a lot! Her swing is pretty strong, I'd say

She also had some success U-Squadding

• no not at all. i only know some of the stuff through articles but i don't watch hs volleyball. first of all i can't even read whatever's written on their jerseys it's a massive pain in the ass to try and figure out which school is which only seitoku has an english name the rest are in kanji and some of them don't have their surnames on the back. i don't how you're able to follow them.

regarding this koyama girl. i did a quick search on volleybox and saw that she's 178. looking at the photos on her ig she doesn't look like she's tall in fact if i had to guess i thought she'd be a setter. i take it that her acl is only a partial tear and since she moved that much in hs she probably needs better conditioning going into the big league.

how was her vertical before?

She has more of a bulky frame like Mizuki Tanaka.

I feel like her transition to swing that JT freakwhack meaning during practice could be the reason she got injured. Interstitial grade 2 accidents are less common (probably rare) compared to the usual bundle knee injury. The last person who had the same accident was Maiko Kano at least from what I know.

• A while back I posted:

INCOMING 2022-23
    OUTGOING 2022

5 new Head Coaches

21 new players

-- 8 new imports + 1 new ASEAN

-- 11 transferred from other teams / 1 early student

-- 6 OH , 5 OP , 4 MB , 3 Liberos , 3 Setters

54 players split + 5 coaches
    -- 45 退団 or 任意引退
    -- 9 transferred to other teams

At this point it's almost leveled up: 50 incoming to the 54 outgoing