Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• What will happen when all team finish 22 games? Final4 start?

they play another round before the Final 4

• Victorina is such a confusing team and the skorts are seriously an eyesore. If Manabe co-owns it why doesn't he just take over as the coach as well? Wouldn't that give the team an edge instead of being known as the pink skort group? Airi and Plak didn't sign up for that.

JVA will not let him do both. It prevents favoritism with his picks.

• JVA will not let him do both. It prevents favoritism with his picks.

I don't get how Minabe "stepped down from ownership" of Himeji when he became NT Coach. How do you step down from ownership? Who "owns" the team now?

Either way, there's likely still some favoritism going on there. If The Real Yoshino Sato and Ameze Miyabe end up with Himeji next xMas we'll know for sure :)

• I know I'm blowing hot air up my own ass, but I like the way Kurobe is working their way up the food chain. That's how you build strength. They've swept Okayama, Himeji, and Toyota. Split with PFU and Toray. Even if the Toray win was a fluke, it's still cool

They play Saitama their next two, possibly three matches depending on when their 2nd make up match is scheduled. If they win any of them it's a plus. If they win two of them ... yabba dabba doo :cheesy:

If they make top eight with a winning match % , they should consider the season a resounding success. I had negative vibes for their coach at the beginning because of the Fukuoka SeaCats/Arisa Sato way it was handled but will happily eat crow and give credit where credit is due if they do it :drink:

Just do it :rose:

• I developed a crush on Ai Hirota :rose: It'll fade quickly tho. She's one of those players who has to wind up before she takes off. Looks like a dancing baby for a split second until she gets going. She needs to eliminate that. Chiaka Ogbogu is the goal

Hirota has a bit of Yamada baby head going on

• Different energy to this night game

• Close game, very exciting !

It's still afternoon here in the Far East..

:)

Anything after Happy Hour is a night game in my book

• oh well. Kurobe took a set :box:

• is Tugba going back home to Turkey?! some Kurobe fans are saying that they overheard Tugba might need to go back to Turkey

• is Tugba going back home to Turkey?! some Kurobe fans are saying that they overheard Tugba might need to go back to Turkey

Tugba said as much as possible she wants to be with her family and loved ones during the terrible tragedy that happened in her country. I don't know any other details but Kurobe probably won't stop her if it's absolutely necessary for her to fly to Turkey given the situation. Hopefully her family is safe. I think her husband is with her?

• Tugba said as much as possible she wants to be with her family and loved ones during the terrible tragedy that happened in her country. I don't know any other details but Kurobe probably won't stop her if it's absolutely necessary for her to fly to Turkey given the situation. Hopefully her family is safe. I think her husband is with her?

her husband didn't come with her to japan

• They gave Tugba the microphone right after the match ended and she read a prepared speech in tears ;(

I couldn't understand a word she said, couldn't even tell what language she was speaking ;(

• sitenoise Hikari Kato's youngest sister Mei, plays volleyball also at Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku. Have you heard of her?

Yes, I had forgotten they were sisters. Mei is going to Tokai along with Emily Iiyama and stheir etter Mirei Samura. Mei is a pretty good middle blocker and 179cm

• They gave Tugba the microphone right after the match ended and she read a prepared speech in tears ;(

I couldn't understand a word she said, couldn't even tell what language she was speaking ;(

She was talking in Turkish.

She said I'm so sad. I have never felt so desperate in my life. Unfortunately we have lost many families, friends, loved ones. I'm broken hearted. Please pray for us.