Italy - Superlega 2022/23

• Moving him to OPP with occassional participation in reception may alleviate the pain that there're no good receivers among Bulgaria's new generation.

Alexander Kander (2005) was the best OH at the last ECH U18 and Hristo Hristov (2006) is the best player in 2006 generation in Italy, he plays for Treviso, but he's Bulgarian, and both seem to be rather above-average talented technique-wise. Obviously, it's a long-term perspective, no one knows how they'll improve, but it's not like Bulgaria will be relevant as a NT anytime soon.

I don't think Nikolov will be moved to opposite position as long as there's Sokolov in NT, and I don't think he'll play in Civitanova-like system that much longer since there are well-confirmed rumors that Lagumdzija will join Civitanova the next year.

• OMG. Ishikawa was substituted by Vitelli due to cramping. At 13-13, Vitelli made an effective block touch and created transition opportunity, then he made the quick attack and brought match point for Milan.

Other coaches would use another OH to make the substitution, or at least wouldn’t leave the MB on court during reception, especially when facing service from Leon. Only Piazza would dare to do this.

• Other coaches would use another OH to make the substitution, or at least wouldn’t leave the MB on court during reception, especially when facing service from Leon. Only Piazza would dare to do this.

He couldn't sub in Ebadipour, so his choice was basically Vitelli or Lawrence (20yo OPP). It's still interesting he went for a MB, but it wasn't THAT creative.

• I’m dead. What a fucking game, these guys just don’t give up. Milano is a tough team and in Perugia we will give all we have.

• Perugia's habitual choking happened again. They had 22-0 record in regular season, but started choking in playoff.

If Perugia gets eliminated by Zaksa in CL semi (highly possible), and gets eliminated by Milano in Superlega 1/4, I bet Sirci will explode right away. LOL

• What do you guys think of Porro?

I have completely changed my opinion on him these last few months. Really a great prospect and he deserves to start already in a good Superlega team. He outplayed Giannelli in the tie break yesterday with 2 ace and some ballsy decisions. Great guy too, i have spoke with him a few times.

• What do you guys think of Porro?

I defended him like 2 months ago over there, and for a reason: he has great touch + versatility, he'll become world-class player at some point, but got criticized for overall Milano's shaky shape. He has to work on his connection with OPP, but I'm pretty sure the next year it will look much better with Dirlic in place of Patry.

• Thank you guys. I am not going to defend his regular season performance, mainly because I was able to watch only a handfull, but he has been playing really good. Sure, there were some questionable sets but he did really well. Those one handed sets to 1 are not working as it should yet I see room for improvement. Most importantly, there were some sets that I was sure I knew where he was going to set and he tricked me as well as the opponents’ blockers.

I hope Milano will proceed to the semi-finals.

• Lube won 3-0 and entered the semifinal.

I think Zaytsev played the key role in the reversal. He stepped in to receive for 5 rotations. Lube's reception was still shaky but got better. Despite taking a lot of passing and defending duties, he still scored a lot of points.

Congrats to Lube.