Italy - Superlega 2022/23

• Milano 3:1 Perugia

The team that made 22:0 in regular season can not advance to quarter final.

Perugia has become the biggest laughing stock this year.

Anastasi must be a hidden traitor. LOL

• Anastasi has the guts to bench Leon. Grbic you do the same this summer!

Leon did not attend 2022 WCH, but Poland still lost to Italy in final.

And set #2, #3 and #4 were literally blow-out.

• Piacenza also managed to turn things around. Losing the first two matches, then losing the first two sets of this 5th game, they won 3 straight sets and knocked Modena out.

A pity that this game is at the same time with the Milano-Perugia one…

• Starting from next season, the regular season will be boring cuz strong teams will save the energy for playoff. As long as the rank is higher than No #8 after regular season, you don't need to work hard to rank higher. It makes no sense. Perugia already showed us a bloody example. LOL

• Can not remember when Perugia had not make into 1/4 last time? Who's gonna to be blamed? Anastasi, Giannelli, Leon, libero...?

Even legavolley was down for now. I guess lots of Angry Perugia fans are flooding over the site. LOL

• I don't want to post the stuff I posted on twitter, but as much as Perugia has been the choking artist-team -- this is by far beyond everything that we've seen from this club since they advanced to the medal phase of Italian league for the first time in 2014.

Yeah, they were losing finals against Civitanova on regular basis and flopping in the semifinals of Champions Leagues season after season - but still, they've never dropped below some acceptable level (medal phase of Italian league).

This may be the worst coaching that I've seen on this level in a loooooong time since it is more than obvious that Perugia was completely out of shape for the most relevant part of the season. We can analyze individually what's wrong with Perugia's players, but let's be honest - you don't prepare yourself on your own, and you don't drop from undefeated team to mid-level team because of mental fragility. This is completely on Anastasi, there's a saying that service shape is an indicator of overall team's shape, and Perugia was serving on really weak level against both Zaksa and in the 2nd part of the series against Milano.

That being said, great team-level performance from Milano, the most impressive part is they have lot of upside to improve the next year since they made it to the semis with Patry still being pathetic (11 pts on 36% kill rate). Nice window for the finals spot now, let's make it one step further, please!

• GODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was there obviously, what a fucking game.

• Does annybody know what happened between Semeniuk and the Sirmaniaci? They started to whistle the team and he strarted to show them sth off.

BTW What a game by Milano. Congrats!!!

It was odd, it looked like he was pointing out Perugia logo on his shirt, he was clearly pissed off by fans reactions, perhaps because individually he was the one criticized the most. He was also pointing out something by his hands, maybe it was heart???, and was clapping to the fans. Something like ''I still love Perugia'' or ''don't be so harsh'', I don't know??? Or sarcastic f...k off, lol.

He's like calm dude, so it looks like the nerves took the better out of him. It's not like it wasn't disaster and well-deserved criticism.

• It was odd, it looked like he was pointing out Perugia logo on his shirt, he was clearly pissed off by fans reactions, perhaps because individually he was the one criticized the most. He was also pointing out something by his hands, maybe it was heart???, and was clapping to the fans. Something like ''I still love Perugia'' or ''don't be so harsh'', I don't know??? Or sarcastic f...k off, lol.

He's like calm dude, so it looks like the nerves took the better out of him. It's not like it wasn't disaster and well-deserved criticism.

I didn't watch the post-match but from your word I think he was showing appreciation for the fans

Not biased but I don't think he is one of those guys who would ask the fans to fuck off:lol:

• IMHO Semeniuk was the best player on court for Sir Safety today. He was quite good dealing with many bad sets by Giannelli.

The only reason why Perugia stayed in the game in the last 2 sets is Herrera. He reduced the number of errors and was quite regular for his standard. Not sure this is enough to be a starter for a team like Perugia. Also Giannelli used him mostly in system and very carefully, which is not what a setter has to do with an opposite, the player supposed to kill the balls no matter what. His service was totally off today.

Perugia totally missed its service fire. They served like crazy the whole regular season, but they lost their rythm. And of course it showed how weak the block-defense system was for the team. I expected Perugia to ruin Semeniuk and they actually did it (and I'm a Sir Safety fan, for those that don't know). He was taken from a perfect team, with the best block-defense system in the world to be part of a collection of names. On the other hand, ZAKSA is still the most enjoyable team to watch nowdays.

Very well deserved elimination.

• Congratulations to Milano, they showed a much better team play overall.

Perugia had no defense - Colaci dropped in the last two seasons, he is not for this level anymore - too many mistakes from the serve and no reliable hitter - Leon out of shape at this point is quite surprising.

Ishikawa showed he is a great player, he managed to solve many difficult sets and was all over the place. I also liked Pesaresi and Porro tonight.

Finally, I agree with those of you who blamed Anastasi: I never liked him, since he was the NT coach and I was skeptical about him in Perugia. But sseing his team choking like this is beyond every my expectation!