China NT 2023

• “the roster of Chinese women's NT without overseas players with Zhu Ting”

:lol::lol::lol:

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• 2023 Competition Schedule

Asian Women's Club Volleyball Championship: Apr 25 - May 2 (Vinh Phuc, Vietnam)

Asian Women's U16 Championship: Jul 1-8 (Hangzhou, China)

Women's Volleyball Nations League: May 30 - Jul 16 (Finals: Arlington, Texas USA)

Asian Women's Volleyball Championship: Sept 2-10 (Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand

Women's Olympic Volleyball Qualifier: Sept 16-24 (Japan/TBA)

Asian Games: Sep 28 - Oct 7 (Hangzhou, China)

• Opportunity to visit some Asian countries in Sep/Oct for sightseeing and volleyball...

fly to Thailand, next, Japan and finally China. Can swing by Malaysia too, there's no volleyball but plenty of tasty food and friendly people :lol:

• Because Jin Ye and Chen Pei-yan will participate in Indonesia League 22/23 after Chinese New Year, they might not be in the training camp of Chinese NT this year.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I moved this here to be closer to the NT discussion, hope it’s ok ....

I might just add one player to your list that I feel is deserving of a spot, but hasn’t attracted much attention, Shandong’s young setter, Xie Shengyu. When Shandong beat Jiangsu in the 5th/6th playoffs, little credit was given to Xie’s fine performance. She was able to set balls to Cleger, Du and Yang Hanyu with pinpoint accuracy....

(this was the second leg, if the clip is too long, just watch the first set from 8-11 to 10-16)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5O4O1QGt4&t=1186s

• I watched a bit of the match and her setting came in clutch in the end. In the beginning and middle of the season she was shaky which is expected for a young setter like her, but she gradually became more stable. She's a good one to look out for in the coming years.

I left her out the list because I think she likely be in U18/U20. These players are between 2004/2005. There's no official roster yet, but good options to select from. Lots of MBs, but still need to find a quality libero.

S: Xie Shengyu, Zhao Yalun

OPP: Wang Yindi, Duan Mengke

OH: Wang Yifan, Chen Xiyue, Tang Xin

MB: Chen Houyu, Yang Jia, Wan Ziyue, Zeng Jieya, Shan Linqian

L:

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…27_U19_World_Championship

Above tournament could affect team selection...Yindi, Yifan and a few others are eligible :|

• This Yuan Xinyue fanpage claims she was spotted at a hospital in Beijing. Hopefully just a check up unless it's something serious that requires surgery (likely shoulder related) she might be out this summer. =O

• This Yuan Xinyue fanpage claims she was spotted at a hospital in Beijing. Hopefully just a check up unless it's something serious that requires surgery (likely shoulder related) she might be out this summer. =O

I feel like she should take a rest and come back stronger in 2024.

Of course I wish the best for her.