Italian Women's NT 2023

• Lubian is clearly not a player for the starting six... but with the injury of Fahr and then of Mazzaro and with a backup like Squarcini, she has become immovable...

I have written about this topic before. In the years 2007-2009 Barbolini had a choice: Anzanello, Barazza, Gioli, Guiggi, Paggi, then Arrighetti. Now who do we have? Danesi and Lubian? Fahr was ruined by injuries, Chirichella is getting older. We just have less depth than we used to. On the other hand, Poland's squad today included Jurczyk and Witkowska - also no outstanding players. To sum up: with a good coach, even Lubian or Danesi can play well, but you can't ignore that there is no problem with the lack of young talents in various positions...

• De Gennaro your wife of Santarelli.

Making him quit from Turkey and make him to take Italian NT next Summer !

I know that is not gone happend but in wildest dream if He would pull this off and Italy win gold medal at Olympic. He would go in history of volleyball.

• It's not like Lubian sucks at everything. Her attack is good. Her service can be very dangerous. She's just a so so blocker who had a bad tournament in this element of the game.

It's called Middle Blockers for a reason.

The blocking of Danesi + Antropova is nightmare for the opposite OHs. But when Lubian is at the front court, the opposite OHs and OPPs from strong teams can score easily. That's the main issue.

• It's called Middle Blockers for a reason.

The blocking of Danesi + Antropova is nightmare for the opposite OHs. But when Lubian is at the front court, the opposite OHs and OPPs from strong teams can score easily. That's the main issue.

I know, but it's quite common for most of the team having an offensive middle (mostly scorer) and a defensive one (mostly blocker). I don't really see Lubian as a main issue for this team.

• i think one major difference now are the serves. they serve like men now. I wonder if the receivers before can consistently take serves from the likes of Vargas and Arina.

Check Carrillo's and Godina's serves from past, they are better than Arina and Vargas. Many cuban and Russian players had very strong jump serves, as strong as best servers of our time, if not better.

• To say that Brenda is better setter from Moki it is just crazy.

a lot of things sound crazy to you but at the end they are the bitter truth. Just like a month ago you claimed that turkey won't repeat their vnl success and they will only play worse. You said it is crazy that they will win ECh and here turkey won both ech and Olympic qualifiers by playing even better than their VNL performance:roll::win:

• This is idiotic statement.

Every match thay they were head to head Monica De Gennaro outplayed her every SINGLE match.

The fact that you struggle to understand something because of your blinkers doesn't make it idiotic😉

• 7 matches, Lubian had in total 4 blocks and 26 errors.....This is unbelievable. How come she became the starting MB and keep it all the way to the end

Bosio had 6 blocks. Sylla also had 4 blocks, but only 12 errors.

This is not a surprise right? Everyone knew that lubian is a good attacker but a terrible blocker. Danesi is other way around. It seems like Italy can't produce MBs anymore who can both block and attack like good old days. Fahr is the only one who can do both but she is constantly injured so we don't know her real capability yet

• I know, but it's quite common for most of the team having an offensive middle (mostly scorer) and a defensive one (mostly blocker). I don't really see Lubian as a main issue for this team.

Not really, top teams like turkey, china, USA, Serbia has middles who can do both

• a lot of things sound crazy to you but at the end they are the bitter truth. Just like a month ago you claimed that turkey won't repeat their vnl success and they will only play worse. You said it is crazy that they will win ECh and here turkey won both ech and Olympic qualifiers by playing even better than their VNL performance:roll::win:

Maybe I am wrong but I do not remember to said that.

• Not really, top teams like turkey, china, USA, Serbia has middles who can do both

The Italian movement requires reflection but this is an issue after 2024. However, the facts are that it is the best Italian coaches who train Turkey, Serbia and Poland to great successes, not the other way around. The Italian movement still has huge potential but there is undoubtedly some adjustments that need to be made. There cannot be a situation where we regularly win medals at the Junior World Championships and European Championships and this doesn`t translate into more young stars in senior team. The problem is somewhere on the line: junior-senior. Young players who outperform their peers in junior competitions are not able to do the same in senior competitions. They have problems with playing regularly in their clubs, etc. Perhaps it's a matter of putting too much pressure on junior successes, or maybe it's necessary to introduce limits on foreign players in Serie A? Many questions but few answers...

• This is not a surprise right? Everyone knew that lubian is a good attacker but a terrible blocker. Danesi is other way around. It seems like Italy can't produce MBs anymore who can both block and attack like good old days. Fahr is the only one who can do both but she is constantly injured so we don't know her real capability yet

Danesi also can do both but she just is not in a good shape this summer. When she finds herself she will be like the last season in WC.

• They have problems with playing regularly in their clubs, etc. Perhaps it's a matter of putting too much pressure on junior successes, or maybe it's necessary to introduce limits on foreign players in Serie A? Many questions but few answers...

There already are limits on foreigners in Serie A? Last year Scandicci could never get it together because Malinov was awful and then they could never work around that limit.

• Danesi also can do both but she just is not in a good shape this summer. When she finds herself she will be like the last season in WC.

I hope the team will get Fahr back. Chirichella's experience may also be helpful. The key now is to choose a person as coach who will bring back the best players, change the atmosphere in the team and find a way to manage this group. Time is running out: tick-tick-tick.

• There already are limits on foreigners in Serie A? Last year Scandicci could never get it together because Malinov was awful and then they could never work around that limit.

There are some limits, but some journalists, such as Pasini, demand that they be stricter and impossible to bypass. I have no opinion on this. Generally, I think that if you are going to import someone from abroad, bring only the biggest stars: Bosković, Gabi, Vargas, etc. What is the purpose of playing Congeliano, for example by Robinson and Plummer? These are not big stars and I believe that the Italian movement should be able to train suitable replacements from junior teams. In any case, the issue of limits is not only a problem of volleyball in Ita but also of football, e.g. in Milan it happens that no Italian plays on the first squad.