Chinese Female Superleague 2023/2024 (with 2023 Chinese National Championship and Winner National Championship)

• I am happily surprised that Shanghai won the first game of the finals. :love:

Hope they keep this up. So fun to watch with Xu's distribution.

Xu XT can improved further if her back setting to position 2 can improve. OP Wang Yindi seldom gets a good delivery, being either inaccurate, too close to the net or not high enough.

Samantha Bricio returned to help her team. But it seems she hasn’t fully recovered so she was replaced by Ou Yang Xixi, who is not quite as good. Luckily, after a short rest Bricio was able to continue.

Tianjin was affected by poor reception and passing. Li YY wasn’t playing well, especially in sets 1 & 2, which didn’t help. Vargas was dressed to play, but didn’t.

The outstanding player in this leg was Zhong Hui who was top scorer for Shanghai :heart:

• NT coach Cai Bin came to watch Shanghai vs. Tianjin. I doubt if he learned anything from it. I think he’s better off watching Jiangsu vs. Beijing, where his precious Wang

YL was doing so badly, she was replaced by Jin Ye in set 1 (3-9). Perhaps he will replace Wang YL in the NT. But then again, he may not. He often looks at things but don’t see anything :(

Zhang CN joined the game end of set 2 and impressed with several strong attacks. It seems she hasn’t lost her touch one bit, which is great.

• You are right, I like she runs a varied offense but there is room for improvement in consistency of location of the ball.

Seems Zhong Hui benefited from the break before final. Her fearless hitting and trademark down the line shot was on.

Addition of Eri Xue to Shanghai was great move, with Gao Yi they can match the NT MB duo on other side of the net.

• You are right, I like she runs a varied offense but there is room for improvement in consistency of location of the ball.

Seems Zhong Hui benefited from the break before final. Her fearless hitting and trademark down the line shot was on.

Addition of Eri Xue to Shanghai was great move, with Gao Yi they can match the NT MB duo on other side of the net.

Agreed, Eri and Gao Yi are both tall and quick. With her outstanding performance this season Eri deserved to be in the All Star selection too, I feel.

• Beijing's two OHs are Ren Kai-yi (1) and Lu Yu-fei (11). Lazovic, Jin Ye and Wang Yun-lu all weren't in the main lineup.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Did Vargas play? How serious was her injury? She has been given time to heal her injury/ injuries which is good and proper. How come the Chinese / local players have not / were not afforded this kind of treatment (ample time to heal and rest and proper care/ recovery)? The Chinese players especially those NT players should be given this kind of proper care.

• Did Vargas play? How serious was her injury? She has been given time to heal her injury/ injuries which is good and proper. How come the Chinese / local players have not / were not afforded this kind of treatment (ample time to heal and rest and proper care/ recovery)? The Chinese players especially those NT players should be given this kind of proper care.

The NT's coaches and officials have been a major disappointment in their treatment of their players and other aspects. The CVA needs a complete overhaul :|

Edit: Vargas didn't play...

• Hopefully Shanghai can at least win a set next match. lol

Highlight of the playoffs is watching Zhang Changning play again!

Also have to give some credit to Diao Linyu, she was setting and serving noticeably well. Seems those quick sets working better with the shorter MB's than with YXY who she kept setting too low all summer.

Wu Mengjie is great.

• Tianjin improved in Leg 2. The middles, esp Wang YY played better. Li YY was almost unstoppable. Shanghai doesn’t have a strong bench for back-up. Bricio is still not 100 percent fit and her replacement no.11 Ou Yang XIxi lack the skills for this level of play. I wonder if their coach might consider switching Wang Yindi to partner Zhong Hui as OHs when Bricio is rested. Yindi can strike the ball better than Xixi but, as opposite she receives few accurate settings from Xu. Xixi, who in fact is a reserve opposite can switch places with Yindi. Just a thought.

It’s wonderful to see Zhang Changning back. Overall, Jiangsu is quite strong and having Wu MJ certainly helps. I’m not a big fan of Diao because I feel she’s inconsistent. But anyway she seems to be doing better for her club than playing in the NT. Good on her.

Jiangsu, Shanghai and Tianjin are by far the top three teams in this season’s league. :)

• http://www.volleychina.org/b/2…doc-inaeytfv6070815.shtml

Final 2:

Tianjin 3-0 Shanghai [25-18,25-22,25-16]

Li Ying-ying 24, Wang Yi-zhu 15, Wang Yuan-yuan 11, Yuan Xin-yue 8, Yao Di 5, Yang Yi 0

Zhong Hui 11, Samantha Bricio 9, Wang Yin-di 9, Gao Yi 7, Huang Xin-yue 2, Xue Yi-zhi 2, Ou-yang Qian-qian 1, Chen Hou-yu 1

3rd Final 2:

Jiangsu 3-0 Beijing [25-18,25-20,25-22]

Wu Meng-jie 20, Gong Xiang-yu 15, Wan Zi-yue 9, Yang Jia 8, Tang Xin 5, Zhang Chang-ning 3

Anna Lazareva 19, Ren Kai-yi 14, Lu Yu-fei 9, Shan Lin-qian 6, Zhao Ya-lun 1

5th Final 2:

Shandong 2-3 Fujian [30-28,25-22,22-25,22-25,13-15]

Yang Han-yu 17, Song Li-qi 16, Sun Jie 15, Che Wen-han 14, Guo Hui-zhen 10, Wang Wen-han 9, Xie Sheng-yu 3, Xie Sheng-yan 3, Zhang Ke-fan 2, Nikoleta Perovic 1

Zheng Yi-xin 29, Zhuang Yu-shan 29, Ye Jia-jing 13, Zhang Jing 10, Liang Wei-fan 9, Huang Feng 2, Liang Gui-qian 1, Yin Xiao-lan 1

7th Final 2:

Liaoning 3-0 Shenzhen [25-16,25-19,25-15]

Brankica Mihajlovic 21, Sun Xiao-xuan 20, Duan Fang 10, Cheng Wen 9, Hristina Vuchkova 6, Wang Mei-yi 1, Sun Hai-ping 1, Han Ying-xiang 1

Oleksandera Bytsenko 11, Liu Xin 10, Iris Scholten 8, Wang Si-jia 3, Mariya Kirilyuk 3, Dong Ming-xiao 1, Liu Ze-yu 1, Chen Jia-man 1

Round 8 of Pool C:

Henan 3-0 Guangdong [25-14,25-21,25-20]

Cai Xiao-qing 21, Duan Meng-ke 14, Zhao Bo-yan 7, Han Wen-ya 6, Huang Rui-lei 5, Zhang Zi-han 3, Wang Yi-qun 1

Chen Pei-yan 17, Shang Chun-yu 9, Wang Yi-fan 8, Wang Qi 3, Yu Jia-rui 1, Li Gui-rong 1, Zhang Feng-mei 1

Sichuan 0-3 Jiangxi [24-26,15-25,16-25]

Romy Jatzko 10, Miao Yi-wen 8, Yu Tian-yi 6, Wen Meng-han 4, Tan Xin-yi 4, Wang Yu-qing 2, Yang Jing-jin 2, Yuan Guo 1

Katherine Bell 17, Guo Xiang-ling 17, Guo Wei-lin 12, Li Chen-xuan 8, Sasa Planinsec 7, Cai Yi-tong 2, Liu Hong-fei 1

Hebei 0-3 Zhejiang [17-25,20-25,21-25]

Gao Zheng 13, Wang Ruo-bing 12, Zuo Zi-fan 7, Zhang Meng 3, Li Bing 3, Zhao Ke-xin 2, Song Han-ning 1

Ni Meng-jie 24, Zhang Hong-zi-yan 12, Sun Ruo-jing 9, Ji Yu-xiao 8, Liu Yu 5, Cong Xiao-hui 3

• http://www.volleychina.org/b/2…doc-inaeytfx2848077.shtml

Best Lineups until now:

Best OHs: 1 Li Ying-ying 2 Brankica Mihajlovic 3 Zhuang Yu-shan 4 Cai Xiao-qing 5 Wu Meng-jie 6 Miao Yi-wen 7 Zhong Hui 8 Ni Meng-jie 9 Wang Yi-zhu 10 Katherine Bell

Best MBs: 1 Yuan Xin-yue 2 Gao Yi 3 Yang Han-yu 4 Hristina Vuchkova 5 Wang Yuan-yuan 6 Wan Zi-yue 7 Wang Wen-han 8 Xue Yi-zhi 9 Zeng Jie-ya 10 Sasa Planinsec

Best OPs: 1 Anna Lazareva 2 Gong Xiang-yu 3 Zhou Ye-tong 4 Sun Xiao-xuan 5 Duan Meng-ke

Best Setters: 1 Yao Di 2 Xu Xiao-ting 3 Zhang Zi-han 4 Zou Jia-qi 5 Zheng Jin-yi

Best Liberos: 1 Ni Fei-fan 2 Yang Yu-ning 3 Zeng Hui-lin 4 Meng Zi-xuan 5 Wang Meng-jie

The ranking of 3th to 15th:

3 Jiangsu 4 Beijing 5 Fujian 6 Shandong 7 Liaoning 8 Shenzhen 9 Henan 10 Guangdong 11 Jiangxi 12 Zhejiang 13 Yunnan 14 Sichuan 15 Hebei

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Does anyone know has was Perovic this season?

Not good.

The ranking of OPs: No.11

(Sun Jie is on the 8th place)

She was injured for much time but in fact, at least I think, Sun Jie was better than she.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Any comments about the chinese players transferred to Sarıyer and PTT?

In fact, Miao Yi-wen's skill was shown for many times whether she was in Sichuan VC, Chinese NT or last season's Pinerolo.

As a receiving OP or an OH, Miao is just the "goalkeeper" of Chinese NT now.

Shi Bing-tong? She is not good. Her spike is better than her reception.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

Both Shi Bingtong (joining Sariyer) and Miao Yiwen (PTT) are hard hitting and versatile attackers. They do not possess a high striking height so taller, more skillful blockers can defend well against them. Shi didn’t make a big impact in Liaoning, even though she was there for many years, before joining Shenzhen this season, and some of her more illustrious teammates like Ding Xia, NT setter and Yanni, ex NT MB got more attention.

In contrast, Miao was the go-to player for Sichuan, and their main attacker in previous seasons until the team recruited Romy Jatzko to share the work load this season. Miao spent a season with Italian club Pinerolo but I think she only appeared in two matches (or three?) for a few minutes each match. I hope she gets more opportunity to play for PTT.

I like to watch live matches, but the problem is they usually start after midnite where I am located. However I will try to catch some matches involving Sariyer and PTT. I hope both girls will be happy in Turkiye, making new friends, learning about the culture and enjoying Turkish food. :heart:

The CVL continues today, with game 3 (best of 5) in the GOLD MEDAL contest between Shanghai and Tianjin. The teams are tied 1:1. I will post the link here when the match starts in around two hours time. :)