Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• I am not surprised at all. I think Vakifbank should go hard for Zhu and Stysiak, because I don't see better players left. If you add a good setter, Gabi, Ogbogu then it might work in the end.

Zhu in her best shape with Lonneke won champions league for Vakifbank. Stysiak can surely play as good as Lonneke then.

In addition they will have Gabi, who is phenomenal.

Isn't Zhu staying with Scandicci (who apparently have 2.5M euro to spend on Zhu + Egonu)

• If they would make a team for future, it is better to invest in Carutasu instead of betting on Akimova

Aleksia also has the advantage that she has a Turkish passport, so it is possible to have Chiaka and 2 foreign OH's

• Adding old zhu and stysiak who dont have stamina to run for cancu balls would be worse case scenario for them.

Ecza and Fener are strong, maybe they just need to buy Akimova, dont force results this year and start making team for a future years.

Stysiak doesn't have stamina? As far I remember she carried her NT all competition long last summer and almost won against Serbia? She had like close +40 points?! She's literally 22 years old.

• Stysiak doesn't have stamina? As far I remember she carried her NT all competition long last summer and almost won against Serbia? She had like close +40 points?! She's literally 22 years old.

She played best game in her life vs serbia, but she was literally dying, she barely stand on her legs. If you watched her games, you would know that she always gas in second set and this is with Wolosh, imagine with Ozbay who dont have precise balls and that she would need to catch them,

• I have no idea to be honest, but it would be good to see her in Vakifbank.

But do you guys get it that this is not the same Zhu, we are watching literally different player right now.
    That injury really affected her….

• She played best game in her life vs serbia, but she was literally dying, she barely stand on her legs. If you watched her games, you would know that she always gas in second set and this is with Wolosh, imagine with Ozbay who dont have precise balls and that she would need to catch them,

Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night. She's inconsistent, but definitely doesn't have issues with stamina, it's not her only game with +30 points.

• I’m not saying that She is done but I don’t think She is right player for Vakifbank.

If She would come to Vakif and if She would play as She is playing She would get so many hate from Turkish fans….

• At this point, I don't think the idea that the vakif can backtrack and confirm Egonu should be dismissed.

Obviously now in the negotiation, the girl is in a position of considerable strength and she will make it count to the max about the money...

Vakif can't stay without a top opposte and it looks like it's really in trouble...

If there isn't something different behind it, it really looks like they're making some amateurish mistakes...

• Someone wrote in the Turkish forum that Sila cancelled her move to THY and is going to GS instead. As far as I know, GS will have a bigger budget next season (since they could not use their budget for last season due to elections in the club - Frantti and Akimova were cancelled in last minute). So far it is clear that Ilkin-Logan-Aycin have their contracts and are most certainly staying. I am sure Gizem K. won't retire and play one more season at least. If rumours related to Sila are true, Gamze might leave though. With that, they only need an opposite and an MB for the starting six (if Popovic is leaving).

For the opposite, I am sure they will try Akimova, Fabris or Annie Drews. The last two works well for the system they want to play.

• Someone wrote in the Turkish forum that Sila cancelled her move to THY and is going to GS instead. As far as I know, GS will have a bigger budget next season (since they could not use their budget for last season due to elections in the club - Frantti and Akimova were cancelled in last minute). So far it is clear that Ilkin-Logan-Aycin have their contracts and are most certainly staying. I am sure Gizem K. won't retire and play one more season at least. If rumours related to Sila are true, Gamze might leave though. With that, they only need an opposite and an MB for the starting six (if Popovic is leaving).

For the opposite, I am sure they will try Akimova, Fabris or Annie Drews. The last two works well for the system they want to play.

Drews is not a player for GS. They need an opposite who can scores more.

Also for Logan I am not sure that she can play in this level . We will see her

• Drews is not a player for GS. They need an opposite who can scores more.

Also for Logan I am not sure that she can play in this level . We will see her

Logan has been good… what are you talking about

• Good???? She was good in one game of the four which she played.

Go and see her games or her stats in the rest....

the fact she dropped 25 points at all in one of her first four games at this level as a mid season transfer Is enough lol. She will be a good signing for gala

• GS wants another foreigner OH. But wanting is something actually getting someone is other thing. We know the names they wanted bu ended with Bell

Know of any potential names? They can go towards the youth I think