Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• Yes you cab break the contract but if clubs agree with it

The guy is not worthy of try to explain something to him, but note for the others who might don't have a clue about this matter but reading this discussion, the quoted part is just not true. If someone is eager to pay the buyout clausole, there is nothing that club which is contract co-owner can do about that. They can prolong the process even deny to let the player, but in that case player's domestic volleyball federation, FIVB or even Court of Arbitration for Sport will override that and provide a license to players new club.

• If Vakif comes knocking for Akimova they will get her 100%, and Novara can do absolutely nothing about it but sign the OP that is left in market after top 5 clubs get theirs signed and secured

If Vakif signs Boskovic then Ecza will come knocking for Akimova, and again Novara can’t keep her.

Vakif wanted Akimova for this season. This is something well known. But they do not manage to transfer her and she went to Novara. So this means that Novara is not an easy target. Also probably Akimova will want to stay because the surely a player like her without experience will need more time to adapt to the high level. One year is not enough and most players stay at clubs like these 2 years otherwise they may not have continuity in good performance.

• Vakif wanted Akimova for this season. This is something well known. But they do not manage to transfer her and she went to Novara. So this means that Novara is not an easy target. Also probably Akimova will want to stay because the surely a player like her without experience will need more time to adapt to the high level. One year is not enough and most players stay at clubs like these 2 years otherwise they may not have continuity in good performance.

Going to Italy is a far better move for a young player's develpment. You go there to establish yourself as a top player and then go to Turkey.

• Going to Italy is a far better move for a young player's develpment. You go there to establish yourself as a top player and then go to Turkey.

wtf is this mess

Italy has top player as many as Turkey.
    Gray was bench player and now She is in top club :gone: (even though I don’t want downgrade her as player She is really good, but saying that some needs to establish herself in Italy than go in Turkey is idiotic)

• wtf is this mess

Gray was bench player and now She is in top club :gone: (even though I don’t want downgrade her as player She is really good, but saying that some needs to establish herself in Italy than go in Turkey is idiotic)

It is true. At first the players prefer Italy because the championship is more difficult and if they become top players they prefer to go in Turkey for bigger salaries. Of course they can stay in big teams in Italy if they want but generally the bigger names are mostly in Turkey ( this two last seasons this change somehow but generally in the past that was the rule)

• I love how you act and knows exactly budget and what is happening inside Novara club when you literally don’t have any clue.

Novara doesn’t have huge budget like bigger clubs but they still have big budget and they have expensive players. Literally the most expensive local players are in Novara. Bujis, Orthamnn and Akimova are not cheap players.
    A lot of clubs try to signed Akimova but Novara got her, and they are not money hungry club. They want results so I don’t see why would they let go Akimova for next season when She is delivering unlike other players that were in Novara.

Every contract could be broken for a right price, Lavarini had a contract with Novara last year before he moved to FB. But if the player wants to play for Novara for any other reason that's a different story.

• It is true. At first the players prefer Italy because the championship is more difficult and if they become top players they prefer to go in Turkey for bigger salaries. Of course they can stay in big teams in Italy if they want but generally the bigger names are mostly in Turkey ( this two last seasons this change somehow but generally in the past that was the rule)

I am not really sold on that for top level Turkish team. When a player plays for a team like VB they will always be on high demand after done playing. But vice versa is not always true. Look at Milano, last year they got 3 players from VB and one from Ezacibasi. I haven’t heard any player couldn’t finding a team after done playing for VB. However, player playing for a midlevel Italian team may not find a job after their contract expired.

• I am not really sold on that for top level Turkish team. When a player plays for a team like VB they will always be on high demand after done playing. But vice versa is not always true. Look at Milano, last year they got 3 players from VB and one from Ezacibasi. I haven’t heard any player couldn’t finding a team after done playing for VB. However, player playing for a midlevel Italian team may not find a job after their contract expired.

And which player from Scandicci, Milano, Conegliano and Novara couldn’t find a job after contract ends ? Or you comparing middle level teams in Italy with Vakif

Ogbogu, Adams, Grey were all bench players in Conegliano and they were/are starters in Eczacibasi and Vakif.

Even Stysiak was bench player in Milano and now She is starter in Fenerbahce

• And which player from Scandicci, Milano, Conegliano and Novara couldn’t find a job after contract ends ? Or you comparing middle level teams in Italy with Vakif

Ogbogu, Adams, Grey were all bench players in Conegliano and they were/are starters in Eczacibasi and Vakif.

Ogbogu wasn't a bench player for Imoco, she was a starter with less time on court because of the limits for foreign players (same as de Kruijf since last season), which is also happening in Vakifbank. Whenever she's needed, she goes on court; and I have to say she's pretty much amazing at it, because she has always a strong impact lately.

Adams was a bench player in Turkey. Eczacibasi played 30 matches in turkish league and she only started in 10 (mostly against bottom teams) and subbed in 9.

Stysiak is supposed to start till Vargas comes back, so she's planned to be a bench player again.

Too soon to talk about Gray.

• But still they are playing in top clubs after they are done even thouth they haven’t played a lot in Seria A.

So this is why I mentioning it. That some players can’t find a top job after they are done with Italian clubs :gone:

• wtf is this mess

Since turkish league became a real thing, the history says otherwise.

Aguero, Poljak, Grun, Maculewicz, Nikolic, Furst, Glinka, Brakocevic, Berg (:heart:), Tom, Costagrande, Francia, Sheilla, Bosetti JR, Fofao, Tomsia, Skowronska...

I could give you a full list till 2023 of top players who came on young age to Italy to turn into top players or already established top players that left for Turkey in the golden age of their careers.

• But still they are playing in top clubs after they are done even thouth they haven’t played a lot in Seria A.

So this is why I mentioning it. That some players can’t find a top job after they are done with Italian clubs :gone:

Look, I said something similar, but since it's me the only who said it, you jumped on conclusions that what it was "idiotic".

In general young and already established players come to Italy to improve their game. After their develptment is over, they have easy life to get called to their NTs and sign for richer clubs from Turkey or elsewhere.

Kiraly, for example, wants his players - expecially the younger ones and the B team material with potential - to play in Italy for a few years before chasing big contracts.

• And which player from Scandicci, Milano, Conegliano and Novara couldn’t find a job after contract ends ? Or you comparing middle level teams in Italy with Vakif

The one you have listed are good clubs. Generally speaking, it is beneficial for a player to play for a big club and that is especially true for VB and Conegliano, and player played for those clubs have very easy time to find a job later.

• Look, I said something similar, but since it's me the only who said it, you jumped on conclusions that what it was "idiotic".

In general young and already established players come to Italy to improve their game. After their develptment is over, they have easy life to get called to their NTs and sign for richer clubs from Turkey or elsewhere.

Kiraly, for example, wants his players - expecially the younger ones and the B team material with potential - to play in Italy for a few years before chasing big contracts.

You are somehow correct, but sources I have spoken with have told me the contracts in Turkey with regard to the professional leagues in basketball and volleyball are less lucrative since around 2-3 years back. He said the star players atm in the Turkish league merely obtain like 50% of the previous amounts, that is, a player like Zhu Ting who made 1m usd some years ago could only expect something like 500k maximum nowadays. But you are right about the fact that a lot of players such as Glinka, Sokolova and Skowronska landed lucrative deals in Turkey during the 2010s and that those offers were presumably a lot better than the Italian ones.