Brazil Women's NT 2023

• Rosamaria said she's skipping the first week. A close friend of hers that is very active on twitter said that her injury is fully healed and she's just a bit out of playing shape, so that's nice.

At this point, it doesn't even matter if the roster is going to be 18 or not, we'll be lucky to have 14 players available for week one lol.

• I really like this Team . I World prefer someone as Maira as 4th OH. But Its ok.

• Even without Roberta, Nyeme, Gabi the lineup for Week 1 looks strong

• Even without Roberta, Nyeme, Gabi the lineup for Week 1 looks strong

I'd def agree, that's a pretty good roster for week 1, despite the crazy schedule and injuries, even without Gabi, Carol, Nyeme, Rosa, Roberta and now Thaisa, the team still solid. I saw a couple of people talking about the pass and some bulls*it about how Macris will suffer with this team, and I think: boring, please just the f*ck up.:read:

I also like the ideia of Zé take Naiane for 1st week, she already is the setter who trained more and we need to prepare someone in case of Macris or Roberta are missed. I hope she play, so Macris can have some rest.

• Do you guys think Nyeme could have been starter if she was there? I thought Natinha will be the first libero this season anyways 🤔

• Do you guys think Nyeme could have been starter if she was there? I thought Natinha will be the first libero this season anyways 🤔

Let's say that through the season Natinha was better, more solid and stable in all elements, but she had 2 bad (really bad) games at semifinal, while Laís had grown through the season.

Nyeme need to work on her impulses, she try to surpresy and provides magic plays but often she comes in front of the setter and screw up things instead of just focus in do the basic well.

So I must say that to me Natinha would be te starter at the moment, but based on the season they are not too far from each other. I hope Laís has a chance to show something.

• Oh man the Week 1 lineup reminds me of Brazil's Golden Age period whey they had Sheilla, Mari, Paula, Thaisa, Fabiana and even their bench players were also great.

Starting 6?

Ana C, Julia B

Kisy

Lara, Diana

Macris/Naiane

• I'd def agree, that's a pretty good roster for week 1, despite the crazy schedule and injuries, even without Gabi, Carol, Nyeme, Rosa, Roberta and now Thaisa, the team still solid. I saw a couple of people talking about the pass and some bulls*it about how Macris will suffer with this team, and I think: boring, please just the f*ck up.:read:

I also like the ideia of Zé take Naiane for 1st week, she already is the setter who trained more and we need to prepare someone in case of Macris or Roberta are missed. I hope she play, so Macris can have some rest.

Lol I think people just need something to complain about at all times. Everyone has been saying for months how we should use the Julia-Ana duo for the VNL and give Gabi a rest, but now that Gabi is being "rested" (but not really), suddenly the team will collapse if they are without her for like four matches. I agree with Gomes that taking Maira would've been nice to have a more defensive option on the bench, but the roster we have is fine as well. I'm super excited to see how some of these players will do in the NT jersey (Lara :rose:)

• Is it too early to say Gabi - Ana C - Julia B is the new Mari - Paula - Jaqueline 😂

Ana C - new Gabi

Julia B - new Mari

Taynara new Jacqueline/Tandara

• Is it too early to say Gabi - Ana C - Julia B is the new Mari - Paula - Jaqueline 😂

Already at least 6 people have said that...

• Lol I think people just need something to complain about at all times. Everyone has been saying for months how we should use the Julia-Ana duo for the VNL and give Gabi a rest, but now that Gabi is being "rested" (but not really), suddenly the team will collapse if they are without her for like four matches. I agree with Gomes that taking Maira would've been nice to have a more defensive option on the bench, but the roster we have is fine as well. I'm super excited to see how some of these players will do in the NT jersey (Lara :rose:)

Twitter survive in a looping with this, a lot of people everyday, nipticking over any kind of subjects, they are addicted in complain about every f*cking thing, this is like the best line-up we had despite the fact their are all we have avaiable, so come on, what else do you need more? Wait for Los Angeles to develop Julia B. and Ana C.?

I felt the same with not having someone like Maira or Michele, who has quality in reception and are good defensive players overall, and I feel so sorry for Glayce, because she could be useful, sucks that Gabi Cândido had such a bad playoffs.

But this line-up, with these girls, need to play as much as possible, that's it, can't go any other way different than this, for the good of Brazilian NT.

• So now Roberta could be injured as well... We really can't get a break uh

Good news, she's fine. The way Zé phrased it made it seem like there were some injury concerns, but she just has to go through a routine end-of-the season check up before she starts training.

• Zé is giving an interview to Web Vôlei right now and I'm gonna try to put here the most important topics:

Macris and Ana asked to have no break and go to Japan;

Roberta is feeling her knee, so they are cautious with her;

South American Championship will be held in Recife;

Zé will go mostly with younger players to Pan American Games;

Thaisa will go to Saquarema on 5/24;

He confirmed Macris will go to THY;

He said that Vakif's president regrets letting Egonu go; 🤣

Brazil will play 3 friendly games against Japan;

Talking about Rosa and how he likes versatile players, he praises Mari (a lot), saying she could do everything well, any kind of ball from every part of the court, also said that Brazil had a chance to win everything we won because she was moved from OPP to OH;

He will never go with 2 liberos to OG, because he needs the most number of players who can do more than 1 position and ask for 14 players in OG;

I'm gonna watch the 1st part of the interview and if there's something more to add then I'll bring it. Zé is really fun to watch.