Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2023/24

• And now also Famke Boonstra is out with a knee injury (nothing spectacular so I hope it's not serious) so Dresden only has the 2nd libero left for chances...

Just checked the match sheet and Goertz actually started the 4th set! Even scored a point from attack :flower: hopefully they will have a proper squad again soon.

Looks like Schut had a good (attacking) match for Schwerin with 16 points (52%)! Baijens as well with 10/14 but what's new :cheesy: also kuddos to Wolowicz, 9/13 and 9 blocks! :white:

• what is point of this, no make sense at all

for example current team number 5 will probably have 4 loses, while current number 6 will have easier job and probably pass them(in theory)

did i miss something? :lol:

No! The team in 6th place can no longer finish 5th.

The teams ranked 6-9 play against each other. And the teams ranked 1-5 play against each other. 6-9 and 1-5 have their own table. 6th place can no longer become 5th, and 5th place can no longer become 6th

• https://www.volleyball-bundesl…enrunde/tabelle_1_5.xhtml

https://www.volleyball-bundesl…enrunde/tabelle_6_9.xhtml

This whole intermediate round doesn't make any sense anyway. It was only created so that the teams have more games. Especially between places 1-5, almost nothing will change in 4 games. Stuttgart probably needs to get 12 points to overtake Schwerin for first place. That means they also have to get 3 points in the away game in Schwerin.

• Stuttgart - Potsdam 0:3 (24:26 20:25 21:25)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2088.pdf

MVP: Krystal Rivers / Kristina Guncheva

Vilsbiburg - Münster 1:3 (21:25 18:25 25:23 22:25)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2086.pdf

MVP: Pauline Martin / Jenna Ewert

Suhl - Wiesbaden 3:1 (21:25 25:13 26:24 25:14)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2087.pdf

MVP: Lena Kindermann / Nina Herelova

Dresden - Schwerin 1:3 (29:31 25:23 23:25 11:25)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2089.pdf

MVP: Pia Timmer / Patricia Llabres

Ranking at the end of regular season:

1 SSC Palmberg Schwerin 18 15 50:16 45

2 Allianz MTV Stuttgart 18 16 49:20 43

3 Dresdner SC 18 12 42:26 36

4 SC Potsdam 18 11 39:25 29

5 VfB Suhl LOTTO Thüringen 18 11 41:29 27

6 VC Wiesbaden 18 8 34:35 23

7 USC Münster 18 6 25:38 19

8 Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 18 5 25:43 17

9 Ladies in Black Aachen 18 6 23:43 16

10 VC Neuwied 77 18 0 1:54 0

• Another injured outside hitter in Schwerin... ;(

Newspaper "Schweriner Volkszeitung" writes today: Laura Emonts out for the rest of the season

In the decisive phase of the season, however, Schwerin will have to replace another player in addition to the long-term injuries. Outside attacker Laura Emonts is no longer available to the team for health reasons, but will continue to support her team off the court, according to a press release from the club.

Newspaper "Schweriner Volkszeitung" writes today: Laura Emonts out for the rest of the season

In the decisive phase of the season, however, Schwerin will have to replace another player in addition to the long-term injuries. Outside attacker Laura Emonts is no longer available to the team for health reasons, but will continue to support her team off the court, according to a press release from the club.

The words of the press release are somewhat suspicious, so I wonder if the "health reasons" are actually a pregnancy :/

Meanwhile Vilsbiburg fired their head coach Juan Diego Garcia, he'll be replaced by the coach of their 2nd team Alberto Chaparro.

• The words of the press release are somewhat suspicious, so I wonder if the "health reasons" are actually a pregnancy :/

Meanwhile Vilsbiburg fired their head coach Juan Diego Garcia, he'll be replaced by the coach of their 2nd team Alberto Chaparro.

That sounds plausible. It would also explain why Schwerin has signed two outside attackers. In addition, Laura Emonts has received very few passes from Pia Kästner in recent weeks.

• Whatever is the reason for Emonts' absence, I don't see Schwerin winning three matches in a potential playoff final vs Stuttgart when always one of Grozer/Fuchs/Schut has to be on court :| This will also increase Dresden's and Potsdam's chances to beat Schwerin in the decisive matches. The rest of the starting six still has great quality but playing with one OH whose level is clearly below everyone else's will be a handicap.

• Whatever is the reason for Emonts' absence, I don't see Schwerin winning three matches in a potential playoff final vs Stuttgart when always one of Grozer/Fuchs/Schut has to be on court :| This will also increase Dresden's and Potsdam's chances to beat Schwerin in the decisive matches. The rest of the starting six still has great quality but playing with one OH whose level is clearly below everyone else's will be a handicap.

There's no secret receiving talent between Yüzgenç/Dambrink/Hänle? :gone:

• These are the games that will be shown in the intermediate round on Sport1

10.02 SSC Palmberg Schwerin - Dresdner SC

17.02 Allianz MTV Stuttgart - SC Potsdam

24.02 Ladies in Black Aachen - Rote Raben Vilsbiburg,

09.03 SSC Palmberg Schwerin - Allianz MTV Stuttgart

16.03 Dresdner SC - SC Potsdam

Transfer period has ended a week ago. There will be no new (professional) players for any team now until the end of the season.

• Yesterday the VBL announced how many and which clubs would take part in the pre-licensing for the 2nd Bundesligen. I don't want to waste too many words on this now. But in my opinion, a team that takes part in the pre-licensing process makes people sit up and take notice. Because NawaRo Straubing has submitted a pre-licensing application for their second team. Of course, this doesn't mean anything at first, but there must still be certain mind games in Straubing.

The license statute shows that only second teams from first division clubs are allowed to take part in the 2nd Bundesliga North/South. In addition, the current second team from NawaRo Straubing is playing against relegation from the regional league. That's why I would perhaps guess the following thought game in Straubing: The current first team goes to the 2nd Bundesliga South as a base and therefore becomes the second team. In contrast, NawaRo goes into the Bundesliga with a completely revamped first team.

Link: 16 Teams melden Vorlizenzierung zur 2. Bundesliga – fünf Vorlizenzierungsanträge für die 2. Bundesliga Frauen Pro

• Yesterday the VBL announced how many and which clubs would take part in the pre-licensing for the 2nd Bundesligen. I don't want to waste too many words on this now. But in my opinion, a team that takes part in the pre-licensing process makes people sit up and take notice. Because NawaRo Straubing has submitted a pre-licensing application for their second team. Of course, this doesn't mean anything at first, but there must still be certain mind games in Straubing.

The license statute shows that only second teams from first division clubs are allowed to take part in the 2nd Bundesliga North/South. In addition, the current second team from NawaRo Straubing is playing against relegation from the regional league. That's why I would perhaps guess the following thought game in Straubing: The current first team goes to the 2nd Bundesliga South as a base and therefore becomes the second team. In contrast, NawaRo goes into the Bundesliga with a completely revamped first team.

Link: 16 Teams melden Vorlizenzierung zur 2. Bundesliga – fünf Vorlizenzierungsanträge für die 2. Bundesliga Frauen Pro

This PM is a joke, because all applicants for the divided amateur second leagues are mentioned but only 2 of 5 applicants for second league pro, and these two are somewhat expected, wanted it the year before already and are leading the second North now: Oythe and BBSC.