Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2023/24

• One week before the start of the season, Dresdner SC will take part in another preparatory tournament starting today, Friday. In Szamotuły, the Dresden team almost traditionally takes part in the Amica Cup and meets there against the Polish first division team #VolleyWroclaw around former Dresden assistant coach Michal Mašek, the Czech first list team VK Dukla Liberec and the Hungarian first division team Vasas Óbuda Budapest around former Stuttgart head coach Giannis Athanasopoulos.

This Friday, the Dresden team starts the tournament at 6:30 p.m. with the game against Liberec. The game against Budapest follows tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. and the Soiel against Wroclaw concludes on Sunday at 1:30 p.m. All games will be broadcast on the YouTube channel @wielkopolskasiatkowka.

• Friday, September 29, 2023:
      • 4:00 p.m.: #VolleyWroclaw vs. Vasas Óbuda Budapest (livestream)
      • 6:30 p.m.: VK Dukla Liberec vs. Dresdner SC (livestream)
    • Saturday, September 30, 2023:
      • 4:00 p.m.: Vasas Óbuda Budapest vs. Dresdner SC (livestream)
      • 6:30 p.m.: #VolleyWroclaw vs. VK Dukla Liberec (livestream)
    • Sunday, October 1, 2023:
      • 11:00 a.m.: VK Dukla Liberec vs. Vasas Óbuda Budapest (livestream)
      • 1:30 p.m.: Dresdner SC vs. #VolleyWroclaw (livestream)

The participants of the Olympic qualification Sarah Straube, Nathalie Lemmens and Aleksandra Jegdić will take part in the tournament, so the Dresden team is complete with the exception of the two injured players Lara Berger and Mika Grbavica.

• Not only Dresdner SC has a preparatory tournament on their hands, but also VfB Suhl. The team from Suhl will meet the hosts VC Kanti Schaffhausen in Schaffhausen this Friday at 8 p.m. and Geneve Volley tomorrow at 3 p.m. On Sunday at 11 a.m. the game Geneve Volley against VC Kanti Schaffhausen will conclude the tournament. There will probably also be live streams of the games, which will be published in VC Kanti Schaffhausen's Instagram stories in due course.

• And Wiesbaden. Wiesbaden are supposed to play their first match on Friday, and the decision whether they'll get a license will be made on...Friday :aww:

So far I know the state capital Wiesbaden gave financial assurance to the volleyball club, this should suffice due my experience.

• At this point the league can’t afford to lose any more teams, so there are limited options for penalties.
    But I hope they will not shy away from banning Potsdam from the playoffs. Anything less will have no penalty effect in the actual configuration of the league.

• Schwerin posted a picture of their team photoshooting in their IG story. You can't really see that much but there are definitely 15 players on the picture.

Is Ambrosius back? And probably a replacement for Hölzig?

Ambrosius is in the roster on VBL website, but on Schwerin's website she's the only player who doesn't have a new photo but one from last season. Leandra Negri seems to be part of 1st team and Savelkoel and Hölzig have participated in the photoshootings as well. With Ambrosius Schwerin has 16 players in the roster, so I guess the 15 others are the ones on the photo you saw.

• Ambrosius is in the roster on VBL website, but on Schwerin's website she's the only player who doesn't have a new photo but one from last season. Leandra Negri seems to be part of 1st team and Savelkoel and Hölzig have participated in the photoshootings as well. With Ambrosius Schwerin has 16 players in the roster, so I guess the 15 others are the ones on the photo you saw.

Oh right...they already have 15 without Ambrosius. I thought a team can only have 14 players..

• It’s VBL… everyone will get there license! They Are too weak to Cut out a Team. This would be more expensive for all Teams, then letting them Play 😄

There will be some minus points for Potsdam and Wiesbaden and thats it. But i even Cant Imagine, that this decision takes Place today or Took Place in their Meeting.

• Of the ten teams just three (Stuttgart, and likely Schwerin and Vilsbiburg too) received the license without any conditions. So seven (70%) had some issues, the mentioned four the worst with Potsdam being the worst of the worst. See here: https://www.volleyball-bundesl…page=0#a_185901_767691416

• The lack of adequate preparation time in Stuttgart was obvious, while Wiesbaden used the chance for a lenghty preparation with all players. Similar issues has Schwerin, which has the same disadvantage in Aachen today. The supercup will be lost by the team coping less well with these difficult circumstances.

• Potsdam wins clearly in three sets in Dresden.

It wasn't nearly as clear as the result says. Dresden was leading 23:16 in 1st set and 20:17 in 3rd but nobody terminated the ball when it counted. Janiska's attack performance was embarassing, Jasper is a limited player and Frohling just is not it yet. However Jimerson as MB is really impressive, Dresden's best transfer besides Jegdic :obey:

Potsdam played without reception but very aggressive in attack. I expected Lazaro to be first setter but Guncheva did a really good job!