Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2023/24

• After being away for about a year now due to an unspecified illness, Lea Ambrosius (MB from Schwerin) now revealed that she has been struggling with eating disorder and depression :white: Her post is very personal and open so it's a very brave step to take this out into the world :flower: I hope she'll fully recover and make her way back on court if that is what she wants :rose:

• Stuttgart inherits the lead in the league from Schwerin, because the latter lost at least one point against Wiesbaden with one defeat more as Stuttgart.

• Schwerin - Wiesbaden 3:2 (23:25 25:21 25:15 24:26 15:8)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2062.pdf

MVP: Elles Dambrink / Rachel Anderson

Schwerin urgently needs alternatives for OH :white: The quality of their MBs keeps them alive these days...

Dresden - Vilsbiburg 3:0 (25:20 26:24 25:10)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2065.pdf

MVP: Jennifer Janiska / Pauline Martin

Anna Spanou suffered a probably very serious knee injury in the beginning of 1st set, so now also Vilsbiburg is in desperate need of another OH because also Vazquez is currently sidelined with knee problems :gone: They were leading 18:10 in 2nd set but couldn't finish it.

Neuwied - Potsdam 0:3 (16:25 17:25 17:25)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2063.pdf

MVP: Amelie Strothoff / Raquel Lazaro

Ranking:

1 Allianz MTV Stuttgart 13 12 37:14 32

2 SSC Palmberg Schwerin 13 11 36:10 32

3 Dresdner SC 13 11 33:14 31

4 SC Potsdam 14 8 30:20 27

5 VfB Suhl LOTTO Thüringen 13 7 28:21 23

6 VC Wiesbaden 13 5 24:25 18

7 Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 13 5 18:28 14

8 USC Münster 13 4 16:28 13

9 Ladies in Black Aachen 13 3 12:32 8

10 VC Neuwied 77 14 0 0:42 0

• Tutku burcu hasnt been playing for months now. I thought she just had a small abdominal tear. Is her injury worse? She started the season well, it is a pity that she is missing big part of season now

• Tutku burcu hasnt been playing for months now. I thought she just had a small abdominal tear. Is her injury worse? She started the season well, it is a pity that she is missing big part of season now

She's been having back problems, not abdominal. Today she was back in the roster finally but didn't play yet.

• She had an interview with Turkish media and stated that she is ready to play but they are taking slow and aiming the play-offs.

Well right now they have more OPPs than OHs so there is really no need to rush her. Dambrink has been playing very well lately and Hänle is a decent alternative against most teams of the league.

• While some players of Neuwied might be of interest especially for the second pro league teams, it is a necessity to remove this team from first league to protect the reputation of German League. Luckily this will happen anyway at the end of this main round.

• While some players of Neuwied might be of interest especially for the second pro league teams, it is a necessity to remove this team from first league to protect the reputation of German League. Luckily this will happen anyway at the end of this main round.

I actually agree with you, but we can't hope that something better will come from the 2nd League Pro. Unfortunately it doesn't get any better

• I actually agree with you, but we can't hope that something better will come from the 2nd League Pro. Unfortunately it doesn't get any better

It's mainly a matter of money as always, so let's hope, that some 2. pro teams can get decent funding for first league.

• A Greek website reports that Rica Maase transfers to Ilisiakos (Vanessa Agbortabi's team) :what: However for me it's not entirely clear if they mean now or for next season, but I guess they mean now. She didn't really show anything convincing and with Mutiri being pretty good she probably wouldn't get much playing time in the rest of the season either, plus it seems Mia Kirchhoff might convert to OPP due to reception issues, so I can imagine it's true. I wonder if/when Münster will publish anything...

• A Greek website reports that Rica Maase transfers to Ilisiakos (Vanessa Agbortabi's team) :what: However for me it's not entirely clear if they mean now or for next season, but I guess they mean now. She didn't really show anything convincing and with Mutiri being pretty good she probably wouldn't get much playing time in the rest of the season either, plus it seems Mia Kirchhoff might convert to OPP due to reception issues, so I can imagine it's true. I wonder if/when Münster will publish anything...

I can also very well imagine that Münster would like to have Maase off their pay list. Münster is not a rich club. And Maase was originally brought in as a regular player. She probably earns too much money as a substitute player

She's leaving Münster immediately

Edit: Now on the website

• Scholten back from China

That would be nice, but there are reasons (on both sides) to doubt it will happen. The Chinese season is short but intense and, let's be honest, lucrative. Scholten doesn't need to play the end of the German season and may prefer not to. And Münster are very, very happy with Mutiri, and after such an expensive prior season due to all the injuries, they may well have other uses for the money.