Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2023/24

• To be honest, I can't really understand this criticism. But that depends more on who it comes from. Because you can certainly have that accusation yourself. Sarah Straube also said in the interview after the game that Potsdam played with certain different tactics and that she was glad that Dresden didn't do it.

But on the other hand, you also have to see what Stuttgart is doing all season and also what statements there were from those responsible in Stuttgart. I find it a little presumptuous that Konstantin Bitter is now pointing the finger at Potsdam. Firstly, Stuttgart had given up the game against Potsdam on the last matchday of the main round and thus the best position in the main round. Secondly, they didn't do their job against Schwerin “perfectly” last week. And most importantly for me, the comments regarding the possible loss of the second leg in Istanbul in the Champions League.

You're right! Rivers is also constantly rested during the season. Maybe Stuttgart should take a look at itself

• To be honest, I can't really understand this criticism. But that depends more on who it comes from. Because you can certainly have that accusation yourself. Sarah Straube also said in the interview after the game that Potsdam played with certain different tactics and that she was glad that Dresden didn't do it.

But on the other hand, you also have to see what Stuttgart is doing all season and also what statements there were from those responsible in Stuttgart. I find it a little presumptuous that Konstantin Bitter is now pointing the finger at Potsdam. Firstly, Stuttgart had given up the game against Potsdam on the last matchday of the main round and thus the best position in the main round. Secondly, they didn't do their job against Schwerin “perfectly” last week. And most importantly for me, the comments regarding the possible loss of the second leg in Istanbul in the Champions League.

It all starts from the management, the lady there and the president of the club.

The coach follows the philosophy of the club.

That's why nobody likes Stuttgart as a club the last years have become so arrogant all of them and always pointing fingers on others and they do everything perfect.🤢

• I don't want to criticize Stuttgart's approach to Krystal Rivers. Because I think it's okay and Krystal Rivers usually pays back the breaks given to her with strong performances in the big games. That's why I can live with it, even if I know that it's a shame for the opposing home fans if such an impressive player like Krystal Rivers doesn't come to the games.

For me, as already mentioned, the statement is more about the fact that Stuttgart also played “tactically” and thus certainly caused a lack of understanding among other teams. For me, the game against Potsdam on the last day of the main round is the main reason for my criticism.

Stuttgart not only gave away first place because of “tactics”, but also cost Suhl a possible fourth place. If Stuttgart had won the game against Potsdam, Suhl would have moved past Potsdam. Konstantin Bitter should have apologized to Suhl because of his criticism of Potsdam, as Stuttgart played unfairly in their direction.

I would also like to say that I don't understand the criticism from another point of view. Why does Konstantin Bitter actually criticize Potsdam's actions? Stuttgart would certainly have preferred to play against Potsdam rather than Dresden in the semi-finals. But Konstantin Bitter himself says that the championship title only goes through them. So sooner or later you have to beat everyone and that's why he doesn't care what Potsdam did.

• Potsdam contradicts Stuttgart's and Dresden's accusations in an own press article now. They say Morrissette and Buterez couldn't play due to minor injuries and Kokkonen was subbed out due to shoulder problems, they didn't want to risk a more serious injury before playoffs.

Other than that, IMO Potsdam did not really "play with their bench". They rotated their line-up quite a lot throughout the season so none of the players on court was actually a weak player. And it's not like they lost against Neuwied, losing 1:3 against Dresden is pretty normal for them IMO. But it seems Potsdam officially has the role as the scapegoat of the league now (partially justified for sure)...

• Also Dornheim ended her career btw

When it comes to Helena Dornheim, however, it has to be said that, in contrast to the other two players, the article only talks about the end of her professional career. So you can at least hope that you might see them in the 2nd Bundesliga. So maybe she's taking a similar path to Lina-Marie Lieb. I would personally hope so.

• Cesar, Davidovic, Goddard, Meinders, Grabovska and De Haan will leave Aachen for other clubs.

Silge and Van Gestel will end their career. (Also Dornheim ended her career btw)

Keller and Van de Vosse stay.

The article in Aachen's press mentions that in addition to De Haan, also Meinders will return to Dutch league and focus more on her academic education rather than volleyball.

• Despite Münster's best efforts not to win it, Stuttgart manages to lose 2nd set :aww: Stuttgart with very weak reception and Rivers isn't delivering as usual, Münster does nothing special except for good serving and fighting. Still, Stuttgart on a normal day should win this easily!

• Despite Münster's best efforts not to win it, Stuttgart manages to lose 2nd set :aww: Stuttgart with very weak reception and Rivers isn't delivering as usual, Münster does nothing special except for good serving and fighting. Still, Stuttgart on a normal day should win this easily!

Yeah, we should reduce league to four teams. It's so boring! :wall:

• Schwerin - Vilsbiburg 3:1 (25:14 32:30 22:25 25:22)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2500.pdf

MVP: Nova Marring / Pauline Martin

Stuttgart - Münster 3:1 (25:19 26:28 25:18 25:20)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2503.pdf

MVP: Jolien Knollema / Gloria Mutiri

Dresden - Wiesbaden 2:3 (26:28 28:26 25:15 23:25 19:21)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2506.pdf (soon)

MVP: Tia Jimerson / Izabella Rapacz

All favourites had a hard time and Dresden even lost :white:

Tomorrow Potsdam-Suhl.

• Dresden had so many chances to win. Hope they can come back again on Wednesday!

• Any rumours if Dresden manages to keep her?

I think she has an offer from Schwerin. It looks like Jazmine White and Indy Baijens are leaving and they need a new block. Koslowski already follows Jimerson on Instagram.