Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• Well either Gaspari or Egonu will have to go, aside from that yesterday’s discussion there was also 2 timeouts in 4th and 5th set where Egonu refused to stand with the team and listen to Gaspari..

It’s disresepctful but I can understand her frustration, I wish Boskovic stood up to Ferhat’s stupidity more as well

• Well either Gaspari or Egonu will have to go, aside from that yesterday’s discussion there was also 2 timeouts in 4th and 5th set where Egonu refused to stand with the team and listen to Gaspari..

It’s disresepctful but I can understand her frustration, I wish Boskovic stood up to Ferhat’s stupidity more as well

Milano is a tinderbox waiting for the smallest spark to explode I'm afraid, way too much money spent for zero rewards.

Talking about being disrespectful, Rai always finds a way to be terrible, ending the broadcast without even showing the award ceremony. God Football can't be left waiting for even five minute more... :wall::down:

• That second-to-last line fault was a horrible set by Candi as well, but Paola should still have been aware of the court and maybe push the bal in the corner instead of forcing an attack. The sets where other positions were contributing she entered god mode though, and still had 30 points in attack (35 total).

I hope for Italian NT there will be a setter besides (or instead, but I'm afraid that won't happen) Orro who can have a more equal distribution, because Orro is just too opposite-dependant (72/145 :white:)

Rettke for Paris24, I can't wait :super: she was second top scorer for Milano and having more attack points (12) than all OHs combined (9)

• I hope for Italian NT there will be a setter besides (or instead, but I'm afraid that won't happen) Orro who can have a more equal distribution, because Orro is just too opposite-dependant (72/145 :white:)

It would help, but it won't change the overall picture unfortunately. We're behind most of the contenders, plus we still have to get a ticket for Paris.

• How was Plummer today? Her stats look good to me (basically the same of Robinson, except she received a 3 times bigger amount of services, as usual), but I saw she was benched for Gennari (and de Krujif).

Was it just because Lubian once more was unable to block a spike or something else?

• It would help, but it won't change the overall picture unfortunately. We're behind most of the contenders, plus we still have to get a ticket for Paris.

Just use both Cambi and Akrari who can produce points from the most unusual sets :rolll: jk, but your MBs can be a great factor for NT I think (especially if Fahr joins). Just need a setter who feels momentum and dares to be creative :box:

• What can I say, Conegliano's mentality is what makes the difference in Italy. Technically Milano finally showed they can keep up and challenge the title holders, but that back-to-back line fault from Egonu (together with other details) simply sums up that thing.

I do not think so. The matter is also technical. Egonu has some weaknesses. Is well known but in Milano they cannot make up them like in Vakif and Imoko but constantly expose her to her weaknesses and one of the reasons is the weakness of the OH .Every OSS is going to Paola and she can not kill so many OOS ball and without any help . Well Sylla 10 points and 6 errors with 32% , Nika 2 points with 9% and Kara with 3 points and 9%:gone::gone::gone:. Even Boskovic had much more help from Hande and Saliha duo than Egonu have from her OH. Well as long the OH can not kill balls all the OSS will go to Egonu and she will making errors like today. Simple.

Also Imoco had too many erros today. When Haak had 14 errors in a single match???? This is one of the reason which Milano manage to go in the tie break.

• How was Plummer today? Her stats look good to me (basically the same of Robinson, except she received a 3 times bigger amount of services, as usual), but I saw she was benched for Gennari (and de Krujif).

Was it just because Lubian once more was unable to block a spike or something else?

She was blocked twice in the end of 4th set but I think the main reason to have Gennari there in 5th is because Lubian was just non-existent in block especially on Egonu, so Santareli wanted De Krujif in game for tie-break.

She doesn’t fit well with fast setting and playing with Hancock (if Poulter doesn’t come back for Paris) is gonna be problem for NT

Not me giggling when reading this :rolll: compared to yesterday, Lubian was doing a lot better and actually had some good spikes.

Imo Plummer was great in attack and her reception was good too. I believe she struggled a bit in set 4 with being blocked, as Milano got stronger. I guess Santarelli chose Gennari/De Kruijf to bring a bit more stability, although I was surprised he did that (and not even do reverse double sub with Plummer front row)

It might also be that he wanted to keep her as possible sub for Haak. In set 4, it was Lanier who did a back row round as opposite.

• Not me giggling when reading this :rolll: compared to yesterday, Lubian was doing a lot better and actually had some good spikes.

Imo Plummer was great in attack and her reception was good too. I believe she struggled a bit in set 4 with being blocked, as Milano got stronger. I guess Santarelli chose Gennari/De Kruijf to bring a bit more stability, although I was surprised he did that (and not even do reverse double sub with Plummer front row)

It might also be that he wanted to keep her as possible sub for Haak. In set 4, it was Lanier who did a back row round as opposite.

I was just asking. I saw a 0 at Lubian's blocks and I wondered.

I'm actually all in with PVF and I could not be happier. :cheesy: I have no time for other leagues right now.||

She dropped a little bit as the match went by, but she had a good impact in the first two sets, both on attack and pass. Not a bad match from her in my opinion.

Just use both Cambi and Akrari who can produce points from the most unusual sets :rolll: jk, but your MBs can be a great factor for NT I think (especially if Fahr joins). Just need a setter who feels momentum and dares to be creative :box:

Pity we can't make Marchiaro join the party... :lol: We'll see what Velasco will do in a few months.

I do not think so. The matter is also technical. Egonu has some weaknesses. Is well known but in Milano they cannot make up them like in Vakif and Imoko but constantly expose her to her weaknesses and one of the reasons is the weakness of the OH .Every OSS is going to Paola and she can not kill so many OOS ball and without any help . Well Sylla 10 points and 6 errors with 32% , Nika 2 points with 9% and Kara with 3 points and 9%:gone::gone::gone:. Even Boskovic had much more help from Hande and Saliha duo than Egonu have from her OH. Well as long the OH can not kill balls all the OSS will go to Egonu and she will making errors like today. Simple.

Also Imoco had too many erros today. When Haak had 14 errors in a single match???? This is one of the reason which Milano manage to go in the tie break.

I understand what you're saying, but then it's not just about players' talent, it's also a matter of putting them in the best condition possible to express it. A thing that Guidetti was able to do when it mattered, the same can't be said about Gaspari. This was a game a game that a team like VakıfBank wouldn't have lost nine times out of ten. As a matter of fact, I do believe that Conegliano will have ann ever harder time in Istanbul on Tuesday.