Korean Women's NT 2023

• I'm currently watching the Thailand vs. Korea match (1st set).

Jeong Ah... it's like she's a shell of her former self. Her performance in Tokyo Olympics was highlighted only because of the fact that KYK did phenomenal defensive work for the team, leading to better sets and attacks. Also, even if Hi-Pass was the champion last season, her reputation in this VNL is tanking. No aggression in attacks and always hitting the blocks.

An Asian team not having better passes is also sooo funny to me as well. It's like some kind of blasphemy lol

• Kim Dain (S) and Shin Yeonkyung (Li) will be out of the the roster for the next round for VNLs (source)

Kim Dain for abdominal pain and Shin Yeonkyung for back pain (source)

SYK is reportedly receiving treatment in Brasil, but I wonder if Dain is there with the team or back in Korea

I guess Korea's chances against Croatia just decreased further

• Team Korea just can't catch a break lol. Even last year they had a lot of injured players.

Unfortunately, they just lost 2 of their better players - Dain was doing so well vs. Team USA and Thailand game, while Shin Yeonkyung is a better libero than Moon Jungwon (oftentimes caught staring at the ball).

The veterans currently playing really need to step it up; Yeom is just really bad at connecting with most players, and most of our OH present are either good attackers/bad receivers or vice versa.

• Injuries are not good for any team...coach needs to make the best out of the remaining players who’re fit. It will be tough against Croatia, they are quite tall and good at blocking but I noticed they play well in the first set and then, somehow, loses momentum. Korea can counter with some fast, combination play. It’ll be interesting to watch these two play, and I hope Korea can win this encounter :)

• Yay for Jeong Jihyun playing as OH now, while Daeun is really such a snappy hitter. Even when the sets are difficult she still makes an aggressive hit.

Kang Sowhi is looking really alive right now. In the past few matches in the first week, she was pretty lackluster and doesn't even serve as powerfully as she used to.

• Same old story...almost winning a set but losing again...then it is downhill

Well, you know at least it's new players fumbling. If it was Yeum Hyeseon and Park Jeong Ah still playing then we can collectively wring their necks. At least the new players like Daeun, Jihyun, and Jiwon are playing; it's justifiable that they are laying the groundwork for the new generation of players (this is how my coping mind works lol)

• Well, you know at least it's new players fumbling. If it was Yeum Hyeseon and Park Jeong Ah still playing then we can collectively wring their necks. At least the new players like Daeun, Jihyun, and Jiwon are playing; it's justifiable that they are laying the groundwork for the new generation of players (this is how my coping mind works lol)

Preparing for asian games

• #YeumHyeSeonOut #ParkJeongAhOut lol (and soon Kang Sowhi)

There's a lot of fire with the NT rookies like Jiwon, Daeun, and the two Jiyuns it weirds me out why Yeum and Jeong Ah still keep being chosen to sub. Even Pyo Seungju does better even just in receiving and digging (which changes a lot of the game because they start having better attack options). The next match is really scaring me lol they better be out of this VNL already if the quality of their games flip flop this much (also, Cesar really fumbles the ball when subbing; can't he see the games change because of these constant line-up changes?)

• #YeumHyeSeonOut #ParkJeongAhOut lol (and soon Kang Sowhi)

There's a lot of fire with the NT rookies like Jiwon, Daeun, and the two Jiyuns it weirds me out why Yeum and Jeong Ah still keep being chosen to sub. Even Pyo Seungju does better even just in receiving and digging (which changes a lot of the game because they start having better attack options). The next match is really scaring me lol they better be out of this VNL already if the quality of their games flip flop this much (also, Cesar really fumbles the ball when subbing; can't he see the games change because of these constant line-up changes?)

Cesar doesn't know his strongest 6...keep changing ain't good...should have kept the same 6 that almost won a set from brazil

• Korean girls look a little lost, which is too bad, but I get the sense that they have no interest in playing for that coach. And it's ridiculous he has to use simple sentences and repeat them all due to the language issue

Coach did have one good Coach moment when he told them to forget about the score and just beat the shit out of the ball. Or maybe that was the announcers who made that up, but the girls did have moments

One thing the announcers did come up with is ... if you could piece together all of those "moments" from the tournament you could put together a set that might beat Poland (or something like that)

Here's hopiing for a group of moments :super: (now that they are past Japan) :)