Korean Women's NT 2023

• We don't know the truth, but I think her actions were solely directed at LDY due to their conflict rather than her personality towards other players in general

I won't discount the claims entirely due to LDY's attempt to take her own life though, which makes it very serious

I meant the sexual harassment allegations which is what I got from those tweets above. People who sexually harass tend to have a pattern when they can get away with it so chances are it would've continued regardless of where they are and who they're with. If this were a #MeToo situation then wouldn't other players already ratted her out before these 2.

• I meant the sexual harassment allegations which is what I got from those tweets above. People who sexually harass tend to have a pattern when they can get away with it so chances are it would've continued regardless of where they are and who they're with. If this were a #MeToo situation then wouldn't other players already ratted her out before these 2.

i think it's easier to believe KYK because she has a spotless reputation and knowing Korean culture, superiority by seniority is huge there. KYK may have not been able to assert dominance in other clubs (she was in Turkiye for 8 years i think) because:

1. the culture. superiority be seniority isn't a thing or huge there.

2. it's not SoKor

I also saw a fan vid before (China league) where she touched Larson's behind during time off (intentionally) and that can easily be offensive to some and others may just shrug it off.

so while the twins may have sullied past, two things can be true at the same time.

what if they are telling the truth?

• Thus its better really to just not take sides. I believe the twins already submitted evidence in KOVO's governing body to investigate it (with their lawyer's advice perhaps).

• Thus its better really to just not take sides. I believe the twins already submitted evidence in KOVO's governing body to investigate it (with their lawyer's advice perhaps).

exactly. because we don't know what really happened. some overzealous KYK fans are running around on twitter attacking the twins for coming forward with their claims.

is this "investigation" on going? or was this the same as before (Lee Jae apparently reported the harrassment way back 2018 but they didn't do anything about it).

• I asked this guy who I did a collab with during pandemic he runs an asmr youtube and is pure Korean https://www.youtube.com/@VitoASMR he follows me on my channel Metro Volleyball.

He said it doesn't seem to be considered a scandal in Korea right now. The latest thing people are getting worked up about is a volleyball player called Im Sung Jin possibly dating the Korean model that went viral for looking like Sulli.

• exactly. because we don't know what really happened. some overzealous KYK fans are running around on twitter attacking the twins for coming forward with their claims.

is this "investigation" on going? or was this the same as before (Lee Jae apparently reported the harrassment way back 2018 but they didn't do anything about it).

I'm not sure about 2018, but there was and is no investigation - which is the biggest question mark

After the bullying accusations were made against both LJY & LDY, it became such a huge scandal across Korea nation wide (outside sports circle) & in international news that KOVO and Pink Spiders immediately suspended them both. There was no investigation into whether it was actually true or not, or to find out what actually happened - I still don't understand this.
    (According to LJY & LDY's own words - LJY did absolutely nothing, and it was LDY who got into a once off conflict with her group of friends and she did wave a knife during that conflict, but afterwards she & her friend apologized to each other and reconciled. LJY said they even went out as friends to watch movies together a few years after the incident too though they changed schools)

As for the accusations against KYK, after Dayeong submitted some evidence (only showed 8 photos attached in her email, so I don't think she submitted anything substantive) to KOVO to report KYK's past actions on NT & Pink Spiders, many volleyball fans instead questioned why KOVO would accept a complaint from LDY when she is no longer a player in the Korean League. KOVO responded to media that there was not enough evidence to substantiate her claims since its one-sided. To which Dayeong posted on her Instagram asking KOVO to ask KYK herself to confirm the truth.

I asked this guy who I did a collab with during pandemic he runs an asmr youtube and is pure Korean https://www.youtube.com/@VitoASMR he follows me on my channel Metro Volleyball.

He said it doesn't seem to be considered a scandal in Korea right now. The latest thing people are getting worked up about is a volleyball player called Im Sung Jin possibly dating the Korean model that went viral for looking like Sulli.

Yea its not a scandal in Korea yet, its kept within sports world.

But media coverage on this has been very minimal compared to usual.

Ever since the Lee Jaeyeong's interview with The Spike got deleted from news sites within less than an hour and KYK's agency threatening to sue, there has been extremely few articles covering this, so its solely from Dayeong's IG right now

I guess we'll only find out once KYK responds - if she ever does

• this is just sad. that's why when the bullying issue erupted right after she accused KYK, I found it suspicious. the media latched on to the twins issue but completely glossed over a senior member possibly harrassing a teammate.

first off, KYK is the biggest investment of that club team. they will protect that. 2nd, she carries the National Team. they will also protect that.

couple with the current story being purged from the media becaue KYK threatened to sue, I am now inclined to give more favorable view to the twins.

The power culture in Korea is strong and KYK is definitely the one with the upperhand here.

• In other volleyball news, the Korean NT just ended the AVC Competition and they ended in..... 6th place:sos:

Pool

Korea 2 - 3 Vietnam

Korea 3 - 2 Taipei
    Korea 3 - 0 Uzbekistan

Korea 0 - 3 Thailand

Korea 3 - 0 Australia

5-8 Place

Korea 3 - 0 India

5-6 Place

Korea 0 - 3 Kazakhstan

Before I comment, I do admit I have stopped watching the NT matches though I used to be a huge fan of the Korean team back in 2019-20.

Korea has been very disappointing and sad to watch, but I have still been following their performance/results.

Their results from the AVC Cup really shocked me though

I expected it to some extent, but losing 0-3 to Kazakhstan, and going into 5 sets against Vietnam and Taipei (credit to them as well) is a new level of low for the Korean Team...

I really question what is going on with KVA that they are still retaining Coach Cesar instead of firing him at the very least after the last VNLs (should've been much earlier). It is no longer a case of lacking players (still an issue), but his coaching is a huge problem.

• Their results from the AVC Cup really shocked me though

I expected it to some extent, but losing 0-3 to Kazakhstan, and going into 5 sets against Vietnam and Taipei (credit to them as well) is a new level of low for the Korean Team...

I really question what is going on with KVA that they are still retaining Coach Cesar instead of firing him at the very least after the last VNLs (should've been much earlier). It is no longer a case of lacking players (still an issue), but his coaching is a huge problem.

I'm really impressed with Vietnam and kinf of not surprised that they won the 5 sets. but losing to Kazakhstan in 3 sets is just sad. I think part of it is lacking skilled players though. they really went down when almost all of their top players retired one after the other.

• I'm really impressed with Vietnam and kinf of not surprised that they won the 5 sets. but losing to Kazakhstan in 3 sets is just sad. I think part of it is lacking skilled players though. they really went down when almost all of their top players retired one after the other.

4T is a very promising player, for Vietnam to rise to the world's stage they will need 1-3 more better than average players to support her on the team though

She will tire herself out in no time if she is making 50++ attempts every match

Why I find that Korea's downfall is not just their players is because, for both the matches against Vietnam & Taipei, Korea led 2-0

Yet both Vietnam and Taipei were able to come back and bring it to a 5 set match. This means that the opposing team/coach was able to adapt to their game plan, but Cesar was not able to

But indeed, Korea's NT downfall is not just KYK retiring, but Yang Hyojin (league MVP) and Kim Suji (both main MBs) both retiring together with her at the same time (3/7 starting players). Kim Heejin just never was the same after 2019.

Of course including LJY (2nd best scorer after KYK) & LDY (main setter) who were originally supposed to lead the next generation of Korea NT being banished, none of the other players have stepped up.

I have no idea what happened to Park Jeongah, she did so well in the Olympics and came in clutch but now she's scoring less than 10 points and being subbed out

To think the Korea Volleyball Federation is still looking at the Paris Olympics sticking to coach Cesar, rather than looking to rebuild their National Team from scratch since the current generation of players cannot step up.

IBK coach Kim Hochul actually commented about the National Team in this interview (link), though its all in Korean you can read what he said here

• I think at this point, everyone agrees already that Ceasar is a huge part of the problem. He hasn't formed a solid starting NT in his stint. It's always rotating to different players (except for a few like Kang Sowhi and Park Jeong Ah, the latter is completely a shell of her Tokyo Olympic stint). We have many upcoming prospects this coming KOVO Draft, so I hope they don't fumble the ball on these players. I hope some of the taller players start as OH/OPP already since that is our biggest lacking department. Our MBs can definitely still improve. It's equally problematic as well that our Liberos seem to be lacking. The Paris Olympics is just a dream. WCH is gonna be our biggest hurdle moving forward (we need to be better than our Asian rivals first though).

• The whole drama with LDY & KYK aside, its questionable why Jaeyeong still isn't allowed to return - both league & NT

Yes they are twin sisters but at this point there is nothing LJY did wrong to deserve being banished from day one

She alone joining the team will help Korea win at least on the Asia stage and potentially bring them back to #3 after China & Japan (A Team)

Thailand won China & Japan's B team at AVCs but not their A Team yet so I can't gauge

AI Pepper's previous coach revealed that many other clubs aside from Pepper was interested in signing LJY last season, but he faced huge backlash from media/kyk fans trying to sign her and was fired (partially) due to that comment.

IBK coach Kim Hochul hinted during his interview (link) that clubs/coaches has no say in their return but its decided by KOVO/KVA

• AI Pepper's previous coach revealed that many other clubs aside from Pepper was interested in signing LJY last season, but he faced huge backlash from media/kyk fans trying to sign her and was fired (partially) due to that comment.

IBK coach Kim Hochul hinted during his interview (link) that clubs/coaches has no say in their return but its decided by KOVO/KVA

the mob mentality of Korean fandom at its finest. they do this to any public figure that it's disgusting. sometimes I remember this kind of treatment for the twins (no redemption whatsoever) and i find it satisfying that SoKor is so far down now (being beaten by unknown teams).

also, the lack of statement from KYK about those allegations is suspicious. because if she's innocent and has nothing to hide, why dangle the threat of lawsuit against pages that are simply running the story?

• the mob mentality of Korean fandom at its finest. they do this to any public figure that it's disgusting. sometimes I remember this kind of treatment for the twins (no redemption whatsoever) and i find it satisfying that SoKor is so far down now (being beaten by unknown teams).

also, the lack of statement from KYK about those allegations is suspicious. because if she's innocent and has nothing to hide, why dangle the threat of lawsuit against pages that are simply running the story?

Kim is a celebrity she's not one of those hyped girls on the internet that releases unprofessional stuff via sns.

Her agency does everything for her and they already released a statement

https://www.koreadailyus.com/v…ion-against-rumormongers/

• Kim is a celebrity she's not one of those hyped girls on the internet that releases unprofessional stuff via sns.

Her agency does everything for her and they already released a statement

https://www.koreadailyus.com/v…ion-against-rumormongers/

Well... KYK is the only volleyball star big enough to afford a PR agency

KYK released that statement after LDY first claimed she didn't spike her ball at all during trainings at Heungguk Insurance, but after all the articles & social media posts KYK has been staying silent. Quite frankly even I am waiting for her response on this, she said the YouTuber is spreading false info but its been almost a month and he said she didn't take any action against him like she claimed through her agency (link)

I'm not surprised LDY is releasing things on her social media, she did so after the article of LJY's interview got mysteriously taken down