Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• this was brought up by vleague fans on yahoo topics comments as well but you guys should realise that we have the olympics this year koga has to look good by all means. i mean vleague is probably hinting at that by not putting hayashi in their poster and having koga in the center.

I find this believable since they also have Saga's GM as Excellent GM that alone is questionable

• There wasn't even a point during JT's match with Ageo or anything before that, when they struggled in any way like what led them to not be in good condition? absolutely nothing. They gave way almost immediately for NEC to win the whole thing.

i also found this weird since Santiago and Drews would not have let that happen even with Hayashi incapacitated for some reason. jt still had plenty of options. it looks like they were set up to fail.

• I find this believable since they also have Saga's GM as Excellent GM that alone is questionable

I'm guessing it's a corporate award? Saga Arena hosted the friendly match with Turkey and served as the venue for Turkey to train last year. Saga also boasts the highest number of sponsors (15 sponsors) and has the highest record of home game audience among all the teams this season v1+v2 combined. They have their own publication Nishi Nippon, and they're partners with one of Japan's largest media outlet MyNavi which is only 2nd to Oricon.

• I'm guessing it's a corporate award? Saga Arena hosted the friendly match with Turkey and served as the venue for Turkey to train last year. Saga also boasts the highest number of sponsors (15 sponsors) and has the highest record of home game audience among all the teams this season v1+v2 combined. They have their own publication Nishi Nippon, and they're partners with one of Japan's largest media outlet MyNavi which is only 2nd to Oricon.

How do they have that many sponsors without having an ace?

• How do they have that many sponsors without having an ace?

That's not a lot tbh. 15 is child's play for Saga. It's about right for a flop corporate team without an ace but has an Olympian like Nagaoka and to some degree Nishimura a rising NT libero provided she stays in the NT A Team for the next of couple years. Hisamitsu Pharmaceuticals which still sponsors Saga is tied to the NT that's also a huge advantage for them.

• I was expecting retirement news to drop already lol. I saw Jaja's fans or I guess those are Filipino fans in general giving NEC a hard time with the same questions yall are asking here but it's done and I don't have the energy to argue since we're heading towards NT discussion any day now

• How do they have that many sponsors without having an ace?

These days if a player has over 50K followers on any major social platform they're basically as valuable as NT aces so naturally sponsors will flock them.

• Hayashi is nursing an injury that’s why she didn’t play in the first 2 sets, it’s on her interviews. They just eventually risked it. Explains why she is limping. Other than Hayashi being out, I think one of the reasons is Higashi not having much experience yet in the VLeague big matches. She’s a newbie with suddenly having this big responsibility, after all. When JT finished with a sweep, I kind of expected already that they will lose imo. I’ve just seen that a couple of times in all the tournaments I watch lol. I’ve seen a couple of tweets from Filipinos saying the same way, it’s not uncommon here. The pressure is so high for teams who got a sweep :lol:

I just can’t with all these speculations undermining what NEC did. But well, believe what you want to believe I guess.

But for me, I’m happy I got to see improvements from players I like and have them play good volleyball. Shoutout to Moeka Kinoue of NEC who did really well this season as a starter after snatching that starting slot from Shimamura :box: I wouldn’t be surprised if Shimamura ended up retiring also.

• JT threw the match :rolll: wtf you guys

• Speaking of retirement news, I don't know if any of you still remember Moe Hidaka from Toray. When she retired she didn't leave a message NOTHING and I was honestly so surprised. I had a big crush on her when she was still active and I just thought that was super weird. She had no goodbye message. It doesn't seem like she took up any volleyball-related jobs after retiring. I still think about her from time to time lol

• I was expecting retirement news to drop already lol. I saw Jaja's fans or I guess those are Filipino fans in general giving NEC a hard time with the same questions yall are asking here but it's done and I don't have the energy to argue since we're heading towards NT discussion any day now

They're not even Jaja's fans but Filipinos will complain about everything so don't get too carried away by those. We're loud about everything even if we're wrong that's like our motto hhahaha

Congratulations to NEC!

• Speaking of retirement news, I don't know if any of you still remember Moe Hidaka from Toray. When she retired she didn't leave a message NOTHING and I was honestly so surprised. I had a big crush on her when she was still active and I just thought that was super weird. She had no goodbye message. It doesn't seem like she took up any volleyball-related jobs after retiring. I still think about her from time to time lol

Is this the tiny libero or setter that fell from toray's bus window or was that rena

I remember her. Liked her too. I just googled her and she appears to be active @bigup1027

• I don’t know if it is already posted here but Asian Club Championships have been rescheduled to September instead of April this year. AVC posted about it.

So it will be during the start of the next season :lol:

Any word if NEC will play Kurowashiki then?