Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• I think this season JT have a well 'balanced' team with good players in every position and a strong bench. At 22-18 in set 2 iirc, I saw their libero flew like 2metres towards the net to make the save of the day! It's still early days, but I think JT can go far this season 🤔

• I think this season JT have a well 'balanced' team with good players in every position and a strong bench. At 22-18 in set 2 iirc, I saw their libero flew like 2metres towards the net to make the save of the day! It's still early days, but I think JT can go far this season 🤔

I imagine they are the team to beat

Hayashi 11/22 6 blocks :white:

• Always amazes me when players can chase a ball out of bounds and thread the angle, with very little margin for error, and get it back over the net like Niida just did :drink:

• Come on Saitama, make this a match :box:

Problem is: JT is better at closing than they are. They needed a bigger lead to get home

• 2023.10.22 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

SAGA 3–0 Toyota

25–17

25–12

25–18

75–47

Saitama 0–3 JT

15–25

19–25

22–25

56–75

Stats will be up shortly for the second match

Hayashi 14/25, 6 Blocks, 71% reception. Girl can't stop :white:

Drews 17/28

Lozo 13/26, 2 Blocks

Kurogo started well, like 2/3 or something but ended up 3/15

• Always amazes me when players can chase a ball out of bounds and thread the angle, with very little margin for error, and get it back over the net like Niida just did :drink:

who are you talking about? possible dark horse this season?

• who are you talking about? possible dark horse this season?

Momoko Niida on Saitama. She is one of those "who's that?" players, not really full time but has been carving out some space over the last year, hits consistently over 40% and is pretty tough

• Kurogo looks like your average panasonic bluebells nobody. a little too lax

why are you picking on the bluebells. so random :rolll:

• Speaking of that flop use of the term, I think Hitachi also had a cringey slogan with the wrong use of the word. They have translators for their foreign players, why not just ask them if they're using the word/phrase right.

Remember when JVA used the term "Golden Shower" to describe Suntory Sunbirds championship celebration lmaooo