Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• I loved her. Not my favorite but I enjoyed her style. Oumi's deal was that she was gonna give the opponents bazooka spikes for at least 2 sets anything after that, don't expect her to score as much which is where Koga came in perfectly unless they used Oumi as sub she was a total nightmare. She was kinda easy to target since she isn't persistent like you said also unlike sakoda her serve/back row isn't as explosive. Reception was meh. Still NEC was fun because of her.

She had excellent reception which was insane. Maybe not as good as Hayashi but she dealt with blows really well. The season she was set to retire she wasn't at her best shape anymore and I think the season before that she got injured so probably by then her reception was falling behind but I agree her pipe was not as devastating as Sakoda's.

She had a title at NEC some type of Japanese firework.... I forgot what it was. But again she was very short, shorter than Mayu so she never had much of a shot to make it to the A team plus it didn't seem like she cared about that stuff.

Hisae Watanabe was fun to watch but Oumi was the full entertainment. Energy level like Kobata and was very charismatic.

• Agro playing v cup? Tnx

Saitama Ageo?

All teams play in the V Cup

• Sorry friends ... but

:box: Go Denso :box:

:super:

• JT's Higashi did well this season. I don't think she's had any Usquad background? I want to see her get called in the NT for the B team and Iwasaki be promoted back to A.

Higashi never U-Squaded but she's an All Japan 2020 Uni Champion. NIFS had a great team that year: SAGA OH Nakajima, Denso MB Yoyoyama, NEC L Daikuzono and the MVP some OH girl who came out of nowhere and disappeared when it was over

I wonder if Yoyoyama has any NT shot? She's a chunky 180cm doing well now (4th in attack %) except for the blocking part. She's also got, or had, a great serve. She should have been the MVP of that Uni Championship. She brutalized Tsukuba and Tokai

• Yuka's braces seem like a major mouthful for her. Didn't look like someone who needed braces

• Denso looks about normal. SAGA looks awful :white:

• Nakajima is no "ace", and with good sets she's unremarkable, but she's a really smart hitter with bad sets :rose:

• Mana Yokoyama is so good! :box:

She's not a complete player yet but at least she hits the quicks with authority. I enjoy that

• Who is Denso's captain? the last one I remember already retired

#6 OH Minami Nakamoto. Quiet under-rated player

• So quiet she was in the NT and nobody noticed

I've teased her for years as being the most un-noticeable player there is. Doesn't even look like a volleyball player. But if you watch her she has great poise and plays a little above average better than anybody