Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• I'm not 100% sure but I think that's Ageo's setter in a ponytail

I think he means Iwasawa. She's sporting her version of a ponytail this year, but I don't think she's ever worn the libero uniform this year. I like her a lot as libero

• I think iwasawa's strength is she has a great sense of where loose balls are going to end up

• Toyota's gonna have to lurch into full comeback kid mode if they want a reverse sweep :box: They've only hinted at it so far

• She's always running always. I've never seen her stand still lmao you cannot not notice her.

She has the running gait of a child :lol: very cute

• 2024.03.02 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

5th Place:

SAGA 0–3 Denso

19-25

23-25

22-25

64–75

3rd Place:

Saitama 3–0 Toyota

25-20

25-22

25-18

75–60

• im still confused as to why saga soured? why so many errors this late in the season but it was not so bad in the beginning?

i read otake's article and she said everyone wanted to make it to the final four but then they lost that opportunity so nothing more can be said. that sounds too gloomy doesn't it? like okay they didnt make final four but why did they give up? something isnt adding up. was there a disagreement among the members?

they got 6th place ishii's number

• im still confused as to why saga soured? why so many errors this late in the season but it was not so bad in the beginning?

i read otake's article and she said everyone wanted to make it to the final four but then they lost that opportunity so nothing more can be said. that sounds too gloomy doesn't it? like okay they didnt make final four but why did they give up? something isnt adding up. was there a disagreement among the members?

they got 6th place ishii's number

Nagaoka said in Saga's publication NishiNippon that the team still has V Cup to prepare for and adds that she doesn't know what role she'll play ????? which makes me double take on her getting called to the NT. I mean they should know by now it doesn't make sense

There's still V Cup after this but when will they announce the players who will be retiring this season?

• Nagaoka said in Saga's publication NishiNippon that the team still has V Cup to prepare for and adds that she doesn't know what role she'll play ????? which makes me double take on her getting called to the NT. I mean they should know by now it doesn't make sense

There's still V Cup after this but when will they announce the players who will be retiring this season?

it would be a big mistake for her to hint at getting an nt ticket especially since they flopped. thats a safe statement.

• if nagaoka does end up retiring its best she does it now than after the olympics i dont think her condition will let her survive another season especially if she's forced to play main op again. miya sato was still called to the nt for tokyo prep even when she was injured but she ended up retiring without playing a single game during the season i think that's worst.

• Nagaoka said in Saga's publication NishiNippon that the team still has V Cup to prepare for and adds that she doesn't know what role she'll play ????? which makes me double take on her getting called to the NT. I mean they should know by now it doesn't make sense

It's hard to tell her tone from translation sites but since she detached herself from the team's next matches anything can happen before V Cup. We'll just have to see next week once retirement news or nt selection drops whichever comes first.

• None of us have ever been right about Nagaoka. She's the hardest to predict out of everyone. At this point I'm bracing myself for wedding news I don't really know anymore

But I'm hoping that in the mean time they keep quiet. They don't have to keep giving these interviews I swear it gets worse every time they say anything like girl shut the fuck up

• None of us have ever been right about Nagaoka. She's the hardest to predict out of everyone. At this point I'm bracing myself for wedding news I don't really know anymore

But I'm hoping that in the mean time they keep quiet. They don't have to keep giving these interviews I swear it gets worse every time they say anything like girl shut the fuck up

Which is why I've always liked Toray's pr. Saga puts out so many unnecessary and halfhearted statements. They're just making it harder on themselves

whoever's idea it was to force players to put out statements whenever they lose is a dickhead. i saw on mayu's twitter her player statements too but she never did that when she was in toray. its making them look more pathetic. it doesn't help at all.

• whoever's idea it was to force players to put out statements whenever they lose is a dickhead. i saw on mayu's twitter her player statements too but she never did that when she was in toray. its making them look more pathetic. it doesn't help at all.

I agree, I never understood the point of that. Yuki doesn't do that. Most people obviously watch the games, they know exactly what happened so to explain your shortcomings or dwell excessively on your failures is borderline masochistic