Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• This is like watching an episode of Survivor just to see who gets voted out

• As far as I recall Brilliant Aries didn't apply for SV.League. Interesting they got named "associate" anyway. JVL knows they have money so maybe it's a coax

Route Inn Hotels have a few or more sports properties but I don't think any of them are amputated from the corporation. Maybe Route Inn wants no part of that? Sticky wicket

• BA pulled away and took the first comfortably 25–18, with setter Miho Yokota delivering the final spike. Very nice

Former Kurobe girl Sayo Masuda only recently joined the team but played her way into the starting line up and doing pretty well tonight. A solidly mediocre player, like that Sasaki girl from Okayama the year they made the Finals

• Aranmare's goal should be to win at least 1 or 2 games in this tournament. This should be their best chance.

• Happy to see Kurumi Takama having a decent game for Hitachi. She needs more love. Should have won that Valentines Day Kawaii thing, whatever it was, with her artsy bohemian chic fashion sense

• Kurumi Takama VOM. Called it :drink:

• Meanwhile SAGA getting the broom from Toyota :white:

• yoshitake + nakagawa is a match made in hell. these 2 will sink any team. yoshitake with her very poor timing. nakagawa cant carry the offense, defense shoddy. thai player is doing nothing. libero is having a hard time adjusting. all that and the coach is letting them do their thing anyway welp

• yoshitake + nakagawa is a match made in hell. these 2 will sink any team. yoshitake with her very poor timing. nakagawa cant carry the offense, defense shoddy. thai player is doing nothing. libero is having a hard time adjusting. all that and the coach is letting them do their thing anyway welp

It's fine if they don't do well here. This tournament is meant for the rookies so they can at least experience the basic feel of competing with other teams minus the strength of the aces in the NT/foreign players. Which is why I don't get why Nakagawa is even there but I saw Shimamura playing for NEC so I guess Nakagawa can stay put and be as mediocre as she can be

• 2024.03.23 V Cup Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats
    Group A

Hitachi 3–0 Kurobe

25-20

25-16

25-17

75–53

NEC 3–1 Saitama

24-26

25-18

25-20

27-25

101–89

Group B

SAGA 0–3 Toyota

20-25

17-25

19-25

56–75

Toray 0–3 JT Marvelous

15-25

21-25

20-25

56–75

• Kitty is famously a joker during get-ready-for-serve formations :)

• I cant watch anyway

Not related to the current match but Denso's #10 Ishikawa? is cute I'm going to save any criticism for next season

is it this girl?

• I cant watch anyway

Not related to the current match but Denso's #10 Ishikawa? is cute I'm going to save any criticism for next season

It's Saki Ishikura ... one of my favorite Uni Girls