Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• I'm very indifferent towards rookies. The last rookie I liked from the get go is Kubota ex-Hitachi. I definitely believed in her back then. In terms of reception she's a lot better than Mayu. I would say around Hayashi's level when she was motivated but that's probably me being biased which you lot should blindly accept lmao

Miyu Kubota? That's delulu omg. She had a great reception but Hayashi's reception is better than most liberos. Only Shinnabe is comparable to her.

• Was Kubota even a starter right away at Hitachi? I can't remember how she started since Hitachi housed some freakwhackers during her rookie days. It's a mystery why they never quite reached powerhouse level. Ebata and Kurihara both OG'd there.

• what happened to nec?

Main players off with the NT

• Was Kubota even a starter right away at Hitachi? I can't remember how she started since Hitachi housed some freakwhackers during her rookie days. It's a mystery why they never quite reached powerhouse level. Ebata and Kurihara both OG'd there.

She mostly started her first couple years off and on because the freakwhackers were OHs. But I think she was never truly healthy. She didn't start all the time, and then after a couple years, after sitting out most all of her third year she retired, talked about an injury she thought she would never conquer

I liked her a lot but she never really shone. She hit mid 30s and received mid 50s

• yoshino sato not good enough?

she was good enough, the rest of the team wasn't ... her reception needs a lot of work tho

• She mostly started her first couple years off and on because the freakwhackers were OHs. But I think she was never truly healthy. She didn't start all the time, and then after a couple years, after sitting out most all of her third year she retired, talked about an injury she thought she would never conquer

I liked her a lot but she never really shone. She hit mid 30s and received mid 50s

i remember this girl now.short and stocky right? but had a clean swing and good reception. is she the impatient one with low stamina? i remember her by face only. typical of hitachi hitters strong swingers with limited range both uchiseto and osanai fall in that category in offense. i think uchiseto improved her swing at hitachi. it got heavier at least. kubota kinda was like uchiseto from the way i remember it

I feel like Hitachi is more on the fanservice type of team because even when Ebata and Kurihara were there they were both past their peak and the strongest one for example Hisae Watanabe wasn't interested in the NT (I know crazy but there are always those girls). Even I'm not convinced Hawi is good. Like she is capable of aggressively hitting but without trajectory.

• I feel like Hitachi is more on the fanservice type of team because even when Ebata and Kurihara were there they were both past their peak and the strongest one for example Hisae Watanabe wasn't interested in the NT (I know crazy but there are always those girls). Even I'm not convinced Hawi is good. Like she is capable of aggressively hitting but without trajectory.

im on the fence when it comes to hawi. like you mentioned her attacks are mostly quantity over quality but with poor execution which is probably why she can't break through in the main team despite having some potential to break double digits

• I feel like Hitachi is more on the fanservice type of team because even when Ebata and Kurihara were there they were both past their peak and the strongest one for example Hisae Watanabe wasn't interested in the NT (I know crazy but there are always those girls). Even I'm not convinced Hawi is good. Like she is capable of aggressively hitting but without trajectory.

hard disagree. anyone who enters a professional v1 team must at some point wanted an nt ticket even if its for the b team. but hitachi during watanabe's time is very mid. players from top seeded teams were always the one getting priority you should know that being a hisamitsu og fan.

nt wide rosters has had some very questionable players in the past 4 years alone. one of them would be okawa from toyota who imo is probably one of the worse younger players ive seen not to mention nakagawa who only gets into the nt thanks to her saga privilege.

• hard disagree. anyone who enters a professional v1 team must at some point wanted an nt ticket even if its for the b team. but hitachi during watanabe's time is very mid. players from top seeded teams were always the one getting priority you should know that being a hisamitsu og fan.

nt wide rosters has had some very questionable players in the past 4 years alone. one of them would be okawa from toyota who imo is probably one of the worse younger players ive seen not to mention nakagawa who only gets into the nt thanks to her saga privilege.

erina ogawa you mean? from toray not toyota

• i remember this girl now.short and stocky right? but had a clean swing and good reception. is she the impatient one with low stamina? i remember her by face only. typical of hitachi hitters strong swingers with limited range both uchiseto and osanai fall in that category in offense. i think uchiseto improved her swing at hitachi. it got heavier at least. kubota kinda was like uchiseto from the way i remember it

I didn't think of her like that (except short) but wouldn't take issue with anything you've written. She was a force her last couple years of college but never showed it completely in V.League. As mentioned I think she was never fully healthy and then just gave up

She was Captain of Kaetsu her last year at Uni and they had a great team, but she was the only one to make V1. The rest went V2 (a couple eventually getting to V1)
    Aimi Takahashi OH (Brilliant Aries -> Kurobe)

Kumina Shimahara S (Breath Hamamatsu -> PFU)

Yuri Komuro OH (GSS -> Artemis Hokkaido)

Syuka Iwamoto MB (Brilliant Aries)

a super cute libero

and a couple others. Yoko Zetterlund was their coach

I guess Kaetsu isn't a college that readies their players for V1. Most don't, I guess

• hard disagree. anyone who enters a professional v1 team must at some point wanted an nt ticket even if its for the b team. but hitachi during watanabe's time is very mid. players from top seeded teams were always the one getting priority you should know that being a hisamitsu og fan.

I'm trying to find Hisae's interview in the past but she was actually blunt about not having "big goals" and it sounded like she hated the pressure beyond what she already enjoys doing

• Miyu Kubota? That's delulu omg. She had a great reception but Hayashi's reception is better than most liberos. Only Shinnabe is comparable to her.

Delulu is the solulu

No but what part of blindly accept did you not understand I was being sarcastic. You guys didn't have to roast Kubota like that and her reception was indeed great fight me