Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• I love it when setters answer dump for dump and back attack for back attack

Did we know that this Tokai setter is Tsu NECkagawa's sister? She's throwing some Seitoku level high balls

• Kinrankai is not messing around, playing relentless volleyball :box: Not intimidated at all. Good stuff

• This is kind of embarrassing for Denso :white:

Tie Break Time :box:

• Too bad Sae Omori got a little error prone on Kinrankai, and Yokoyama was having no part of losing to a high school team

Totally worth staying up until 2:00am

I love defense

• Is it live on VTV sports (Summer Tournament)? I could not find the games on the Live list

no, live here

https://mainichi.jp/kurowashiki2024

vod later on vtv

• Kurowashiki Day 1 Group Stuff

Hitachi 3–0 Kurobe

Toyota 3–2 PFU

Okayama 3–0 Prestige

Toray 1–3 Tsukuba

Saitama 3–1 Tokai

Denso 3–2 Kinrankai

JT Marvelous 3–1 Fukuoka

SAGA 3–0 Seitoku

• Seitoku is treating Toray worse than Tsukuba did :white:

• I didn't see the Seitoku match last night but their Captain, Aimi Nakata, is not in uniform tonight

I wish Seitoku would have swept it tonight. This might end up going full set and every match that goes longer than three sets puts the Tsukuba match further out of reach :(

• forget i said saga will be fine because they look BAD

i was thinking that mandai was definitely the main problem when they did v cup and i still think she's shit but yoshitake, kitty and nakagawa are regressing oomgsldfm. i know it's more than likely that nagaoka will be main op so that cancels out nakagawa but they still don't have any good opps for sub. yoshitake is beyond awful good god

kitty has been so disappointing its depressing. i need to see some progress from her. this cant happen to her she's far too promising but i dont know who she'd make a good combo with that's how awful they are right now

• Some of you said that Kumagai is a flop but I think she's gotten so much better since U squad. In fact I think she's better than NECkagawa and no I'm not being biased here if Kumagai is trash I won't sugarcoat it.

Mandai aside, I think their libero is not built to be a libero. She has no spatial awareness and I've never seen a libero as dead as her. They could've poached Kurobe's body twister but Saga for some reason don't care for good liberos after Nishimura

• I don't know why Kumagai took the college route possibly due to Ran Takahashi's influence who she worships or probably to have some sort of resume candy if things don't work out but I always thought she would go straight to a V1 team after hs. My impression is that she's acidicly serious like Mayu, easy to crack and is probably no fun when things don't go well. Might even be a control freak too. That's why I want to see her in any of the V1 teams. Control freak ocd-ish setters are honestly the best (or a fucking nightmare)

• Seitoku is disappointed it took them a full set to beat Toray :rolll:

It was a match we could have won in three sets, but we made too many mistakes and it ended up being five sets

• Seitoku is disappointed it took them a full set to beat Toray :rolll:

everyone should aspire to have this level of confidence

unfortunately for toray that also means no one takes them seriously anymore. i hope their coach sees it somehow haha

• I don't know why Kumagai took the college route possibly due to Ran Takahashi's influence who she worships or probably to have some sort of resume candy if things don't work out but I always thought she would go straight to a V1 team after hs. My impression is that she's acidicly serious like Mayu, easy to crack and is probably no fun when things don't go well. Might even be a control freak too. That's why I want to see her in any of the V1 teams. Control freak ocd-ish setters are honestly the best (or a fucking nightmare)

i dont know who you're talking about but you're right about control freaks. all the best setters are control freaks to a degree. they're supposed to give the spikers the best possible toss not the spikers dictating how they want the toss to be. less work for the spikers too.

• no one posted it yet? but number wrote a misleading article about what miyashita "regrets" the most where she said that she regrets not being able to give koga better tosses that could've given her the chance to join rio which is bullshit since saori was doing everything right that koga did wrong. but she was young so okay.

miyashita was a control freak hence the constant bawling after every loss. saori is not. she adjusted to the most mediocre setters over the years.

yuko tanaka is so biased towards the men's side that she's no longer a credible writer when it comes to recalling the past. she just writes narratives that will make the current fans happy. fans who don't know about miyashita's talent back then. very sad.