Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• no one posted it yet? but number wrote a misleading article about what miyashita "regrets" the most where she said that she regrets not being able to give koga better tosses that could've given her the chance to join rio which is bullshit since saori was doing everything right that koga did wrong. but she was young so okay.

miyashita was a control freak hence the constant bawling after every loss. saori is not. she adjusted to the most mediocre setters over the years.

yuko tanaka is so biased towards the men's side that she's no longer a credible writer when it comes to recalling the past. she just writes narratives that will make the current fans happy. fans who don't know about miyashita's talent back then. very sad.

I saw that article and was disappointed too. Everyone knows it's not that. Miyashita was also young she was only 22 during Rio. Momii however broke her record as the youngest Japanese setter (20) to participate in the Olympics

Screw Number

• Kinrankai 3–2 PFU :huh:

Kurobe 3–0 Tokai

Tsukuba v Seitoku should be fun :box:

Prestige v Fukuoka might be Prestige's best chance for a win before I start calling them Yamagata

• I saw that article and was disappointed too. Everyone knows it's not that. Miyashita was also young she was only 22 during Rio. Momii however broke her record as the youngest Japanese setter (20) to participate in the Olympics

Screw Number

the article mentioned none of miyashita's achievements. none. they focused on guilt-tripping her now that koga is the captain of the worst team in japanese volleyball. all the aces from tokyo are still in it we've come full circle. ridiculous.

• Tsukuba is kinda folding under the Seitoku pressure =O

How did SAGA sweep Seitoku :/

• Seitoku is playing smarter and hitting the ball a lot harder, consistently, than Tsukuba. Tsukuba's getting a few good hits in but for the most part they're wussy whackin it right at the Seitoku defense

• The thing with these Seitoku high sets is the attackers rarely suffer from an ill-timed set. They even high set the MB :rolll:

• Oh well. Tsukuba may get a better draw in the QF from this disaster :white:

• Aranmare :dance4:

• Dunno how it happened but we got a Tsukuba :box: Seitoku Tie Break

• Welp, chalk this one up as another victory for the reverse jinx :lol:

Still think Seitoku played better, but they got tired. And Tsukuba's strength is their ability to put their heads down, focus, and come back

• Miya Sato was assistant coach or something before she retired so next season might as well be Nagaoka's last spurt. Sakae wants the 2 of them to retire together which is excruciating to know not gonna lie. I'm not Sakae's biggest fan and I don't know why she got in the wide roster but I hope they get through one more season somehow without getting obliterated

• sean1  Phoenix

Miyu coaching Kitty. Zayasu is usually the one talking to some of the girls but she's retiring as staff too so she doesn't care anymore lmao

I can't imagine them being able to recover next season. Nishimura is fine but without another good second libero they're going down. She was a success thanks to Toe's support but if she has to cover the entire season alone this team will go nowhere as they did this season. Same for second OPP. Nakagawa is retirement material. Fukazawa too is inconsistent verging on unreliable so many breaks every season. A lot of injured players including Araki. Where do they go from here?

• I can't imagine them being able to recover next season. Nishimura is fine but without another good second libero they're going down. She was a success thanks to Toe's support but if she has to cover the entire season alone this team will go nowhere as they did this season. Same for second OPP. Nakagawa is retirement material. Fukazawa too is inconsistent verging on unreliable so many breaks every season. A lot of injured players including Araki. Where do they go from here?

I don't have an answer for you but Fukazawa is focusing on her rehabilitation right now