Chinese women's NT 2024

• Why are there rumours (in YT etc) that Zhang Changning might take up an OP position along with Gong ? Yes, she is quite adaptable and can play as both OH and OP but she’s really more effective as OH.

But Binnie Cai has a problem... ZT, LYY and Wu MJ are obvious choices to fill 3 of the 4 OH positions. If ZCN joins them, then there wouldn’t be a spot left for his precious Wang Yunlu... So the shifty coach is trying to move ZCN to OP, so the fourth spot will go to her. No matter what, he wants WYL in the team. This despite the fact there are other more skilfull and deserving players, eg Zhuang Yushan, Wang Yizhu, Zhong Hui, Miao Yiwen and others.

X(

Can a top official in the Chinese volleyball federation overrule CB?

• Can a top official in the Chinese volleyball federation overrule CB?

EDIT: Sorry, I don't know the meaning of "overrule". Wei was the one that supported Cai Bin a few years ago.

Some people think the one is Wei Ji-zhong, the former chairman of FIVB (2008-2012)

Many Chinese volleyball fans hated him because he doesn't like Lang Ping, Chen Zhong-he and other former good volleyballers in China.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Zhang Chang Ning is also back???? :drink:

• It's still too hard to say.

See the official photo:

No.2 is still empty for three years.

Zhang Chang-ning got No.9 again.

Wang Yi-zhu got No.19 and Zhuang Yu-shan got No.22.

Both are official.

Yellow is the roster of the 1st training camp in 2024.

Blue is the roster of VNL 2024.

The roster of VNL 2024:

Head Coach: Cai Bin

Players:

S - Diao Lin-yu (3), Xu Xiao-ting (8), Ding Xia (16), Xie Sheng-yu (27)

OP - Gong Xiang-yu (6), Zheng Yi-xin (14), Duan Meng-ke (20), Zhou Ye-tong (25)

OH - Zhu Ting (2), Zhang Chang-ning (9), Wang Yun-lu (10), Zhong Hui (11), Li Ying-ying (12), Wang Yi-zhu (19), Wu Meng-jie (21), Zhuang Yu-shan (22), Wang Yi-fan (26)

MB - Yuan Xin-yue (1, C), Yang Han-yu (4), Gao Yi (5), Wang Yuan-yuan (7), Wang Wen-han (23), Zeng Jie-ya (24)

L - Xu Jia-nan (15), Ni Fei-fan (17), Wang Meng-jie (18)

The captain is still Yuan Xin-yue.

Yao Di (S), Wang Yin-di (OP), Miao Yi-wen (OP/OH), Xue Yi-zhi (MB), Liu Yu (MB), Wu Xin-yu (L), Zhu Xing-chen (L) and so on aren't in it.

• It is said that the one in the photo is Xie Sheng-yan instead of Xie Sheng-yu.

^^

Images

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• It’s a crime that Miao Yiwen isn’t even in the wide list but Zhang Hui is still there. Miao proved her ability in the Turkish league, but Zhong showed she was completely useless in last summer, even as a serving sub.

• It’s a crime that Miao Yiwen isn’t even in the wide list but Zhang Hui is still there. Miao proved her ability in the Turkish league, but Zhong showed she was completely useless in last summer, even as a serving sub.

Wrong.

Zhong Hui played big role in bringing Shanghai to the finals two years in a row. She is the main offensive option of that team. Also she has received award of best OH in China league twice in past 3 seasons, with LYY.

She didn't start a single match in VNL last year and barely got playing time, only brought in when behind. Also makes no sense for her to be serve sub in first place, not her biggest strength.

Also strange to pit Miao against Zhong, when Wang Yunlu is right there.

Yes, I also feel thar Miao should be in the wide list... but regarding Zhong Hui's performance at the VNL, I think she wasn't given much opportunity to play and when she did, it was when China went far behind, due to Wang Yunlu's inability to cope. Normally, Zhong Hui is a much better player (in the CVL and last year's universaide) :/

• Yes, I also feel thar Miao should be in the wide list... but regarding Zhong Hui's performance at the VNL, I think she wasn't given much opportunity to play and when she did, it was when China went far behind, due to Wang Yunlu's inability to cope. Normally, Zhong Hui is a much better player (in the CVL and last year's universaide) :/

Tbh I haven’t watched CVL for some years as it’s very boring to me. From what I watched from Zhong from last summer, she was sent to court by Cai Bin as serving sub in nearly every matches, but she always just served a very easy and weak serve that the opponent could receive and side out easily, then she was off court again.
    With Zhu’s return, the starter would be Zhu & LYY anyway. Cai Bin must bring Wang Wunlu as back up as he thinks she is a good passer lol. With only one spot left there’s no place for Zhong, who can neither be a good serving sub, nor a good back row sub. She also can’t compete with Wu Mengjie who showed great potential last year. OTOH Miao can play on both wings and receive. She could be a back up to Gong especially if Zhang CN isn’t really ready physically.

• Tbh I haven’t watched CVL for some years as it’s very boring to me. From what I watched from Zhong from last summer, she was sent to court by Cai Bin as serving sub in nearly every matches, but she always just served a very easy and weak serve that the opponent could receive and side out easily, then she was off court again.
    With Zhu’s return, the starter would be Zhu & LYY anyway. Cai Bin must bring Wang Wunlu as back up as he thinks she is a good passer lol. With only one spot left there’s no place for Zhong, who can neither be a good serving sub, nor a good back row sub. She also can’t compete with Wu Mengjie who showed great potential last year. OTOH Miao can play on both wings and receive. She could be a back up to Gong especially if Zhang CN isn’t really ready physically.

Yes, so the possible attacking lineup might look like this:

OH

1. Wang Yunlu (Cai Bin’s favourite, it’s like he can’t live without her starting)

2. Zhu

3. LYY

4. ? Most probably Wu but maybe Zhang

OP

1. Gong

2. Zhang or Zhou Yetong

:|

• Today (April 17)'s match: In Week 2 of 2024 Chinese Winner National Championship, Shanghai vs Sichuan

Miao Yi-wen has returned Sichuan VC - Miao vs Zhong

Wait for the live stream:

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Link for the live stream?

https://weibo.com/l/wblive/p/s…22:2321325023739124514997

In Set 3: 3 WSs and libero:

Shanghai: Liu Zhe-ning, Ou-yang Qian-qian and Wang Yin-di, Zhu Xing-chen (L)

Sichuan: Jiang Xuan-yao, Tan Xin-yi and Yang Jing-jin, Zhang Xin-ling (L)

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• No offense but why are we still stuck with Wang Yun Lu :gone:

• No offense but why are we still stuck with Wang Yun Lu :gone:

In history, before 2017, Wang Yun-lu was a good OH.

As the main OH of U18 NT, she was the member of the winner of U18 NT.

In 2015, she joined the senior NT as a "server".

However, in 2018, it was said that Wu Yong-mei, the former head coach of Bayi VC, was fired just about her.

Fans all thought due to it, she will not be in NT forever.

Until Cai Bin chose her in 2022, she returned NT after 6 years (2016 Montreux) though due to the injury, she only play three matches in Season 21/22 and Beijing got the 13th place.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu