Serbian Women's NT 2024

• Maybe guideti want to try 2 person receiving system 😁

I think I’d rather die lol. Maja is too old to do that much running and that would never work against a team like Italy

• I didn't see her in like 2 years... It looks much worse than usual... :huh:

I didn't want to be rude. She actually scared me at first sight.

(NE)OČEKIVANO: Odbojkašica Silvija Popović ostala u Rumuniji
    (I think this picture is from eurovolley 2021)
    The lighting and filters probably make it look a bit worse in the first picture but she always looked like this. :lol:

• List of players for the first 2 weeks of VNL:
    S - Mirkovic, Miljevic
    OPP - Bukilic, Bjelica(C)

MB - Kurtagic, Osmajic, Kirov, Malesevic

OH - Uzelac, Lozo, Lazovic, Milenkovic, Ivanovic

L - Jegdic, Pusic, Popovic

Gio said he can change the roster every match. 3rd week is gonna have a few more younger players.

source

• Ivanovic ! Also surprised Bukilic made it over Taubner

• Ivanovic ! Also surprised Bukilic made it over Taubner

Me too. She does not seems to me a promising or talented player. She is just tall... My question is other. What is happening with Zelenovic??? Is the only Serbian OPP ( after Boskovic of course ) which made me some impression and seems really interesting. I was sure that she could have some time on court.

• Me too. She does not seems to me a promising or talented player. She is just tall... My question is other. What is happening with Zelenovic??? Is the only Serbian OPP ( after Boskovic of course ) which made me some impression and seems really interesting. I was sure that she could have some time on court.

She felt really out of shape as season progressed to the point where she wasn’t really impressive during playoffs (and I’m saying it as a big fan of her). This was the first season where she played as full starter and she also played role of a go to scorer for her team all season from the beggining which I guess left her very very exhausted since she wasn’t used to the rythm of being full time starter let alone main attacker of her team.

She started the season as very athletic and physically ready player but ended it as very much completely out of shape to the point where she was benched.

She needs to play good club season and playoffs for her to show that she can sustain top level rythm. I still believe in her and she was really impressive and in better shape then I’ve ever seen her in 1st part of the season, if she can work on her sustainability then I can see her even being starter for VNL25 (if we go with young squad again, hopefully tbh)

Taubner suffered some injuries towards the end of club season afaik, guess she wasn’t in good shape for this preparations.

• I am mostly surprised about Ivanovic being there over Tica, Mijatovic and Cvetkovic.
    I’m big Ivanovic fan (she is my fav young OH after Uzelac) but Tica deserved it far more imho, she is back to back MVP of our league :obey:Furthermore Ivanovic came back from injury and started playing only 3 months ago.

All in all I’m VERY happy Ivanovic is in the squad eventhough she is not in her best shape rn, I believe Guidetti chose her because of how much potential she has.

I was predicting Uzelac/Ivanovic starter OH duo over a year ago :lol: I guess it’s slowly coming to life

Miljevic is obviously more ready then Perovic but I hope Guidetti at least takes Perovic for 3rd week, she is future starter material.
    Maybe Guidetti will do some magic with Miljevic idk, it’s not that she is bad she is just not huge potential.. I still think she can be decent though, she really grew as a player compared to 2 years ago. I am happh with this choice at the end of the day.

Kurtagic/Osmajic duo is dream come true now :cup: This is something I’m most excited about.

Hope we can watch Uzelac/Ivanovic and Kurtagic/Osmajic together against some weaker team in these 2 weeks. They are future starter duos in my book and it would be really exciting to watch them play together now that they are still youngsters.

Kirov and Malesevic over Sucurovic is another interesting choice, not that any of them have real chance of playing much over Kurtagic/Osmajic.

Rest are all very much expected, it will be libero fight for Paris spot.. maybe it will inspire all of them to take their performance to the next level.

• List of players for the first 2 weeks of VNL:
    S - Mirkovic, Miljevic
    OPP - Bukilic, Bjelica(C)

MB - Kurtagic, Osmajic, Kirov, Malesevic

OH - Uzelac, Lozo, Lazovic, Milenkovic, Ivanovic

L - Jegdic, Pusic, Popovic

Gio said he can change the roster every match. 3rd week is gonna have a few more younger players. Hopes to start Paris preparations with 18 players on 20 of May in Belgrade and they won't participate in VNL.

source

List is 90% ok but i am really disappointed for Tica absence. Its ridiculous to pick Ivanovic over her.

I know she will need to carry team for 3rd week, and i dont know if Guidetti want to rest her, but it would be much better for her to be 5th OH here(and bond with girls) and play few sets than resting 25 days in Belgrade.

• My avatar finally have full sense, girl is so talented. Though didn't expected to see her this year at all, but anyway obviously so happy about her.

Bukilic is a choice, neither Taubner nor Zelenovic is big potential in my eyes, anyway i would bet on them anytime instead of Bukilic.

Sad about Tica tbh, she is not talented as Ivanovic, but after two amazing seasons she is more ready and certainly deserve some chance, last year Mijatovic/Cvetkovic steal that spot from her, this year again no space for her. Guess week 3 is there but ough it's not the same.

Libero battle is real :cheesy:

• List is 90% ok but i am really disappointed for Tica absence. Its ridiculous to pick Ivanovic over her.

I know she will need to carry team for 3rd week, and i dont know if Guidetti want to rest her, but it would be much better for her to be 5th OH here(and bond with girls) and play few sets than resting 25 days in Belgrade.

I agree with you that Tica should be there, but i mean obviously it is not because he want to rest her :lol:. It sucks but it is true, Ivanovic is bigger potential and Guidetti chose to invest in that instead of current level.

• I agree with you that Tica should be there, but i mean obviously it is not because he want to rest her :lol:. It sucks but it is true, Ivanovic is bigger potential and Guidetti chose to invest in that instead of current level.

We all know how this will finish. Ivanovic will not play a single(full) set in first 2 weeks and Tica will be left alone to carry team in W3, i will not be surprised if Milosavljevic coach them and Guidetti escape for Paris preparations. And there will be no winners here, Ivanovic will not improve, Tica will not taste a A team atmosphere and will not have real debut.

Only win here is if Guidetti stay to lead them in W3 and they advance and "force" him to play few more games(finals) with young team :)

• Gio said he can change the roster every match. 3rd week is gonna have a few more younger players. Hopes to start Paris preparations with 18 players on 20 of May in Belgrade and they won't participate in VNL.

source

And i thinks this is lost in translation, may the 20th are 10 days from now. He said for Paris roster ideal number is 18, but no more than 20. He said when young group go to play W3, others will make paris group, so somewhere around middle of june i think. If they have 1 week rest after w2.

• And i thinks this is lost in translation, may the 20th are 10 days from now. He said for Paris roster ideal number is 18, but no more than 20. He said when young group go to play W3, others will make paris group, so somewhere around middle of june i think. If they have 1 week rest after w2.

My bad, I'll remove it.

• We all know how this will finish. Ivanovic will not play a single(full) set in first 2 weeks and Tica will be left alone to carry team in W3

I don’t think Ivanovic was taken as filler player as you say. If Gui wanted someone to just fill OH spot and never see playing time then ossrb would insist on him to take Mijatovic or Cvetkovic, those have been bench warmers for last 2 seasons so they know the job well :lol:

If nothing else, she will get to constantly work with Guidetti for next 3 weeks, it will be very good for her. She is technically amazing and just needs someone to work with her and guide her in order for her to shine.

If 5th OH was never meant to get playing time then even in that case it makes the most sence to take player with biggest potential before player who is currently in best shape.

The goal of this VNL is obviously to give experience to next gen players, maybe Guidetti hopes that Ivanovic can have her breakthrough moment like Uzelac did last year, although Uzelac was in much better shape at the time then Ivanovic is now.

The basic thing we are gonna disagree about is that Ivanovic has way higher ceiling then Tica or any younger OH (even Uzelac perhaps) because of how good her technique is.

• The basic thing we are gonna disagree about is that Ivanovic has way higher ceiling then Tica or any younger OH (even Uzelac perhaps) because of how good her technique is.

A fact from my perspective. Anyway even i'm aware it will take to some ugly comments, it is nice that we actually have some competition on this position, although at the end success of the team is much more important than which player will shine the most, LoL, so we all should be happy to see at least one of them as top top class OH, but yeah my sure bet would be Ivanovic.