Germany NT 2024

• At (old) CEV she is listed with 1.90 m, but maybe this is an old number when registered at CEV for the first time, when she was still growing? 1.90m is a reasonable size for a middle anyway.

She's playing as OPP and her club website lists her as 2.04. She's definitely a lot taller than 1.90...

• https://en.volleyballworld.com…teams/women/6605/players/

I mean although this a 30 players wide list, but Kozuch is named on the list as Outside-Hitter :huh:

To have a better view over the roster:

S: Kästner, Glaab, Straube, Fernau, Kohn

OPP: Drewniok, Weske, Hänle, Kindermann, Maase, Große Scharmann

OH: Agbortabi, Stautz, Alsmeier, Stigrot, Timmer, Jatzko, Kozuch, Grozer, Hölzig, Kömmling

MB: Schölzel, Cekulaev, Weitzel, Strubbe, Van Clewe, Linke

L: Pogany, Cesar, Nestler

According to an article from Dresden, NT training will start this Friday, so I hope federation will soon release the actual roster. Of course I'm most curious about Kozuch's name being there after not playing indoor for years :what: An article from Münster said that Rica Maase wasn't invited and I also don't think Anne Hölzig and Lena Linke will be there, Hölzig must still be recovering from her ACL injury and Linke never got playing time in Dresden.

• Maggie started indoor training again a while ago. The post about this was seven weeks ago. With that in mind, I had already asked Avid whether LOVB would bring her out of retirement. LOVB and PVF definitely work with such players in order to create a certain buzz and also have role models.

The fact that she is now in the extended squad is of course surprising. But I think that this personnel can actually only be a win situation for the national team. Even if Maggie is just a training player in the preparation phase, she can bring so much to the young German players through her experience.

And of course, when used correctly by the DVV, this personality can also create a buzz in the media landscape. Despite the fact that Maggie has not been active indoors or on the sand for three years, she is still one of the most famous German volleyball players. As a result, this personality also arouses media interest.

• According to volleyball.it who usually are very well-informed, it seems Heynen has quit his job and it should be made public soon. They say it might be related due to tensions after Kozuch being in the roster for VNL :what:

Kozuch in her Insta story says she'll "probably be back at the ball on Monday" which might mean joining NT training, but I wonder how that would lead to tensions. I would be surprised if there were any players completely against her joining the team, even though I would understand if some find it unfair to include her in the roster after not even playing indoor for years. But then, it's not like she took away the place of some talented youngster, we should be glad to take any high level player we can get :whistle:

• Looks like they even found a replacement for Heynen already. Alexander Waibl will take over according to volleyball.it

Best choice under the given circumstances, he knows all the players very well and IMO he's a good coach though maybe not all players like his style, such as giving very detailed instructions and not leaving much freedom tactically for players individually.

Thank God they didn't get Ferhat :rolll: Even though he might win Turkish league with Eczacibasi this season this doesn't turn him into a high level coach all of a sudden. But then I guess Waibl was the only one who accepted the salary DVV can offer :whistle:

And isn't it nice how well Italian sources are informed about what's going on in German volleyball when probably DVV won't make any public statement for ages? :gone:

• It would be hilarious if by any miracle the team would still qualify for Paris and Waibl could experience that instead of Heynen who prepared the team over a longer period :rolll: That would be Karma at its best.

Anyway, good riddance :wavy:

• Isnt it a dick move from Heynen to let the team down just before Olympics 🤦 it is literally the worst time while this team still has chance to qualify. To be fair he made this limited German team play a very good volleyball last summer but why do you think he quit suddenly? Was it really for money?🤔

Kozuch still needs to prove herself that she deserves a spot. She is at the age of 38. I assume she learned how to receive after playing in beach for 5 years but still it is different receiving in indoor volleyball than receiving in beach volleyball. On the other hand, Germany doesn't have a long list of good outsides anyways. It will be alsmeier, stigrot and?

• Isnt it a dick move from Heynen to let the team down just before Olympics 🤦 it is literally the worst time while this team still has chance to qualify. To be fair he made this limited German team play a very good volleyball last summer but why do you think he quit suddenly? Was it really for money?🤔

Kozuch still needs to prove herself that she deserves a spot. She is at the age of 38. I assume she learned how to receive after playing in beach for 5 years but still it is different receiving in indoor volleyball than receiving in beach volleyball. On the other hand, Germany doesn't have a long list of good outsides anyways. It will be alsmeier, stigrot and?

Stautz should also be there as OH (which is sad enough), but then it gets thin already. 4th spot might be between Jatzko,Timmer and Kömmling I guess. Agbortabi has had enough chances, she just won't make it on that level. Giving a chance to Kozuch certainly won't hurt under these circumstances.

I think Heynen's decision might be in some way related to the new presidency of DVV, but most of all it's probably related to him being an actual dick.

• To be fair he made this limited German team play a very good volleyball last summer

Well, actually it was only the VNL last year where Germany played well. At the European Championships we clearly fell short of expectations. Of course you can now blame Hannah's injury, but that's too simplistic for me. We played okay in the Olympic qualifiers, but we didn't quite live up to expectations there either.

• I wonder if Waibl decided this names or if he would make a different list.
    Also Vanjak isnt on the list. Do you she wouldn’t have chance anyway?

It's hard to even make a list of 30 players in Germany, so I don't think Waibl would have made different choices. Maybe some of them indeed are his, it would for example explain why Lena Linke is there as she plays in Dresden.

I think Vanjak is unhappy with DVV because she had to pay her whole rehabilitation after that horrible injury two years ago from her own pocket because DVV doesn't have an insurance for NT players, so I think she might not want to play for NT. I don't think she could be a big help anyway though.

What is status of Orthman?

Still recovering I think. I hope she'll be back in full strength for next club season but I don't expect to see her this summer.

• It's hard to even make a list of 30 players in Germany, so I don't think Waibl would have made different choices. Maybe some of them indeed are his, it would for example explain why Lena Linke is there as she plays in Dresden.

I have to admit that I don't quite see why Lena Linke should necessarily be Alexander Waibl's choice. For me, like Luisa van Clewe, she is actually the logical choice. Simply because both have a valid contract and are therefore protected.

Plus, you don't have much other choice now. A Wiebke Silge has ended her career, Lea Ambrosius is currently fighting her way back. Then you might have Laura Berger or Laura Broekstra, but with the two of them maybe the point about the contract and the security comes into play, as the German players all play on a voluntary basis for the DVV.