Brazil Women's NT 2024

• those calling doesn't mean those players are returning

But it could be as renamed players on Brazil retired or not play full cycle and return in olympic year

• Would have liked if they also included Edinara, Aline Segato, Juju, Kasiely in the list.

• Do you guys think Helena - Ana C duo will work in the future?

Helensa isn’t a bad receiver. I have hopes she becomes kind of Kim Hill type player

• If both of them improve, they'll be a threat duo. Has Brazil ever have a good receiving duo?

Like almost always

• Like almost always

I started watching them when it was Mari + Paula. Both of them were okay receiver, but thank God the great Fabi was there. I later found out Mari was originally an opp turned OH to allow her and Sheila on court together. Jaque + Fe Garay I think are both great, especially Jaque. Then Gabi + Natalia, we all know about that one.

• I started watching them when it was Mari + Paula. Both of them were okay receiver, but thank God the great Fabi was there. I later found out Mari was originally an opp turned OH to allow her and Sheila on court together. Jaque + Fe Garay I think are both great, especially Jaque. Then Gabi + Natalia, we all know about that one.

Mari might be one of the rare opposites who turned to be a good outside with decent reception skills (hande is another example of it and Ebrar will be next one!)

• A couple of disclaimers:

1. This list features all the players that will arrive at the training center in Saquarema in the 24th. It does not mean, however, that those who are not on the list are necessarily out. They may still be called at a latter date. Last season, Naiane was not in the first call up even though she had already finished her club season by then, but she was still called eventually.

2. Helena and Luzia may still play the first week depending on the circumstances. In 2022, Kenya was also invited to train, but she made the first week roster because Roberta wasn't available at the time. It does probably mean, however, that they will not be with the team for the entire NT season, which was already to be expected.

• kinda crazy thinking how deep of a pool Brazil has with their young talent. but what about the setter? I have no idea who will take Macris + Roberta's places aftee Paris.

Isis + Jackeline Moreno + Duda (Ana Flavia Sanglard's daughter)?

• kinda crazy thinking how deep of a pool Brazil has with their young talent. but what about the setter? I have no idea who will take Macris + Roberta's places aftee Paris.

Helena, Ana Cristina, Julia B, Aline

Luzia, Julia K, Diana, Juju, Larissa

Duda, Isis, Jackeline

Lorrayna, Tainara, Jheovana, Gabriela Carneiro

Lais, Lele

• I see serious potential in Heloise Soares (2004). I also like Istefani (2003), Ana Luiza Berto (2006) and Maria Eduarda Lima (2008). But it's gonna be a while until they are ready to play for the NT.

Naiane had a weird season and is currently injured, but I still think she's our best bet for the near future. Apparently she will play abroad next season (back to Poland maybe?)

Kenya is not developing like we hoped she would, but I heard she's leaving Osasco to be a starter in a smaller team, so maybe that'll help her.

Vivian Lima played good matches for Maringá this season. I honestly quite like her, but she desperately needs to be a starter somewhere.

Lyara is going to Barueri next season, which is a very good move for her. She seemed very promising when she was playing for Pinheiros, but unfortunately she chose to waste the next 4 years of her career on the bench.

IMO setter is definitely our most problematic position for the future. And the fact that clubs in Brazil would rather start a recent NCAA graduate whose only pro experience is playing in Puerto Rico for a couple a weeks over a year ago than a local setter certainly doesn't help.

• What??? Hande was an opp before?? Wow. Never knew it. I like her even more. 😂

Actually she started her career as middle, she was the best middle blocker of junior European Championship for 1996-1997 generation but since she was so talented at that time Eczacıbaşı coaches wanted to switch her position to opposite so she played as Opp from age of 17 till 22 in Sarıyer and Galatasaray. Then when she was back ro Eczacıbaşı she was converted to outside hitter. Her reception was terrible at her first year as expected bu then she improved her reception so quickly that I am still surprised she grow into a all-around Oh she is now:rose:

Anyways sorry for offtopic