European Olympic Qualification

• My heart is still beating:D I just wait tiil today's final ends. Then I'll write something more.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I couldn't see any match from hale, but I'll try to see the final, Russia - Poland, I don't know who I want to win, maybe the polish team.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• i would have nothing against if the history will be back. In Izmir Spain was leading 2:0 and lost 2:3 sooo... let`s wait next 20 minutes and everything will be clear :thumbup:

shame it was really close...

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

Edited once, last by Ann ().

• But it's over, Russia will play at the Olympics.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• No way! I was for Poland but these damn ******* [edited by administrator] - Russians. They took 2nd after Poland was leading all the time. And very good for 3rd set. Russkii my It's so typical for Russians - they are just like Americans - they can't loose, that's why Bulgaria have beaten Russia - you can't play against big teams, and you can't imagine to loose - it's impossible for you!

• Haha, I saw Gamova crying in 3rd set. But Poland - you will face them again - and I hope this will be in the quarterfinal in Beijing 2008.

• Are you crazy Gottlib? Sokolova was AWFUL. Except in tie break, in which she was amazing, so yeah, in a way she was important, but she didn't play well.

As I said, there is much to say about this match, I will say some now and save some for later. Caprara almost handed the match to Poland. He pissed me a lot. Once again he changed Sheshenian for Akulova - and once again it didn't help us a bit. Actually, we improved once Sheshenina came back. She was not even that bad, she was doing her job just fine, like she did in the rest of the qualification. It is true the second set didn't start well, but it wasn't her fault. It was the spikers who weren't scoring. Of course the sets were not brilliant, but they will never be with our current setters. They were just fine, the kind of sets our spikers usually score.

Also, in the third set, when Russia was getting close to Poland, he changed Borodakova who was doing just fine and Put Alimova, who missed two spikes in a ROW - by the way, her spikes were great in the GP last year, but for some reason they have gone down the drain since then. I am glad Borodakova came back later and played fine.

He also should had changed Gamova faster, it was obvious she was injured and was lacking confidence at that point in the match. He did right with Sokolova though. She needed to rest and get focused in the bench. That proved to be the right choice.

I will say more about the match later.

• Are you crazy Gottlib? Sokolova was AWFUL. Except in tie break, in which she was amazing, so yeah, in a way she was important, but she didn't play well.

She didn't play well, but i crucial moment she turned out everything. It's the important. She isn't a robot.

• Hi everybody! Today I've seen a great game of Volleyball... Really, Volleyball is my passion and I came here to talk and read about the beautiful game we've been given by those breath taking beauties, no matter what country are they from...

But, unfortunately, when I started reading your posts (and I lost a great deal of time doing it attentively), hoping to read some technical or tactical opinions about the match, I got very sad... I don't recognize the cordial and civilized manners which usually characterize the volleyball supporters... :thumbdown:

Come on, guys, let's talk about the beautiful uncertainty of the final winners, the great attacks and defenses of both teams, the spectacular blocks that gave the victory to the Russian NT, let's comment the action of both coaches... What happened to Baranska's great serves? Let's talk about Gamova who played with an injured right wrist and in the moments of truth, there she was to help her team guarantee the ticket to Beijing!!! After 2000 and 2004 second places, what are the Russians preparing to? I'm very excited because many NT's are shaping up and playing better and better, so the uncertainty on who will win the OG 2008 is getting higher every day! I wish I could say the same for the Men's competition... :thumbsup: