• USAntvolleyball. You need to stop your campaign about Hooker. You are on other blogs kicking up the dust about her. No one really gives a shit. She had her time and we are on to new players and a new squad. Team USA will be better. One player doesn't make a team. A team of 12 does.

• Why doesn't Karch deserve that WCH gold? I don't get the Karch hate seriously. It is clear that the USA women's team respect him, then why can't we who aren't even engaged with him at all?

• First of all I want USA NT flop in Rio because Karch, secondly I want that Destinee Hooker go in some good club next season and to become the best again. To show Karch what He was missing.

• Why doesn't Karch deserve that WCH gold? I don't get the Karch hate seriously. It is clear that the USA women's team respect him, then why can't we who aren't even engaged with him at all?

I have nothing against the guy on a personal level, just cannot figure out why he's praised as one of the Gods of volleyball when it's obvious that he's a mediocre coach blessed with one of the best teams of this generation, a team that he contributed next to nothing to. His coaching "skills" are ridiculous, have seen some many time-outs where he says absolutely nothing but nonsense and phrases that sound copy-pasted from Chinese fortune cookies. Berruto talking about Greek philosophy is a genius in comparison.

• I have nothing against the guy on a personal level, just cannot figure out why he's praised as one of the Gods of volleyball when it's obvious that he's a mediocre coach blessed with one of the best teams of this generation, a team that he contributed next to nothing to. His coaching "skills" are ridiculous, have seen some many time-outs where he says absolutely nothing but nonsense and phrases that sound copy-pasted from Chinese fortune cookies. Berruto talking about Greek philosophy is a genius in comparison.

You made my day! :rolll:

• I have nothing against the guy on a personal level, just cannot figure out why he's praised as one of the Gods of volleyball when it's obvious that he's a mediocre coach blessed with one of the best teams of this generation, a team that he contributed next to nothing to. His coaching "skills" are ridiculous, have seen some many time-outs where he says absolutely nothing but nonsense and phrases that sound copy-pasted from Chinese fortune cookies. Berruto talking about Greek philosophy is a genius in comparison.

At this level, it is more often about execution. Most NBA coaches say the same thing day-in-day-out during time outs. I am pretty sure volleyball coaches say the same thing, "we need a pass to start our offense" or "we need a dig."

There are 5-6 teams right now that are so far ahead of everyone else, Brazil, USA, Italy, Russia, China and Japan. This means that you could lose in the quarterfinals and we'll say you didn't do enough. Those are some good teams. In the World Champs, they beat Brazil in the semifinals, which was a great win, just to get to the final against China. I knew that it would be a close match, but they took a 2-0 lead, lost the third, but came back from a deficit in the fourth to win the title.

The USA team on the women's side had always gotten close to glory, but failed. Is it the players or the coach? You can have talent and not get there because the other team is better.

Karch took them to the promised land and he was rewarded for doing that. In this country, volleyball is really a 4-year sport, meaning people only follow the Olympics. USA Volleyball desperately wants a women's Olympic Gold medal for the indoor game.

Karch knows gold medals this from his playing experience, so the players buy in immediately. It is not often leading players can become leading coaches. I am not saying that he is the best coach in the world, but you can't complain about the results if you are a US fan.

As for the Hooker issue. Karch was the assistant coach during the time that she was a star 2010-2012 and as a coach it is his choice to say who gets on the team. He could see problems and adjusted for them.

Russia is in the same boat with Gamova. She's a unique talent (taller then everyone else and driven), and she always gets the idea around a big tournament that "I want gold" as she gets older. The Russian federation will bring her back because "she's won" even if it kills the team morale. Karch made the decision quickly, "This is my team and this is how you are expected to act. If you don't want that, fine, you won't be on the team."

• That is true Karch didn't create this players. Look at USA players. All of them are super-good players. Larson, Hill, Glas, Adams, Foluke...plus others. And every year there is new great player coming from USA. All of them are amazing players. You just can't be bad when you have this amazing players in just one team.

• Well, but as far as I know, It was Karch who spotted Hill in the try outs, she used to play as MB in college, and he turned her into OH...so he should get some credit for that.

• Well, but as far as I know, It was Karch who spotted Hill in the try outs, she used to play as MB in college, and he turned her into OH...so he should get some credit for that.

Actually Hill was already playing in the new beach volleyball torunament held by NCAA with her university. So she already had the OH moves from the sand.

• Actually Hill was already playing in the new beach volleyball torunament held by NCAA with her university. So she already had the OH moves from the sand.

I see....Still...it was his bet...not many coaches would take her to Nt right away, without any proper OH experience. Anyway...

I think Karch has his choices as every coach has....maybe he is not the best coach i the world, but he is far from being the worse also. He has been doing a good job ahead NT imo. The team trust him and believe in his work, that is half the job when it comes to volleyball.

Hill's college coach Nina Matthies moved her from MB. She played as opposite for her last two years and received part-time. Then she played sand volleyball for a year and further refined her reception.

I wish they would take more advantage of her versatility in the national team. Her best hit used to be the slide attack, I'd love to see them experiment with it.

• What a surprise 8o now coaching staff can compare her with Lowe, Fawcett and Murphy :thumbsup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I hope hope hope that this is TRUEEEE :D.I'm so happy :thumbsup: