Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• Unfortunately I wasn't there among the fans, but I'm thinking about going in Perugia the next week end... If only I could find someone to come with me :(
    I have to say that also Perugia fans are really supportive and always present, and also quite nice for what I heard/read/seen. May be this time they'll won the prize as best fans ;)
    Ps I still hate when Trentino (and everybody else) fans whistle to the opponent server, but apparently it's normal almost everywhere in Italy when it comes to the clubs (not with the NT, except if the opponent player complained too much or if the point is really important, like a set/match point, generally).

About Modena-Lube, I watched the end of the first set, the second and the third (then I switched match).
    For what I've seen and read in your post, I wonder how Lube managed to win this match... That's a pity, it was a gold chance for Modena after being ahed 2-1.
    Plus, it's only the second tie break they lose in the whole season.
    I'm not sure about what this match said about this semifinal: I'm positive that if someone can beat Lube at least once this team is Modena (if they can play at their highest peak, obviously), but on the other side, if they can't win with this Sokolov... Or did he started playing better after the 3rd set?

About Trento-Perugia... Well, the first set was like all my fears about the serie came true: Perugia crushing Trento with the serve (4 ace, even if the two of Birarelli weren't that irresistible to receive, he did better serves than those two), Trento not able to put the ball down except with the MB, with Lanza doing several errors. Plus, Giannelli – who suffered a problem to the shoulder lately, in fact Lorenzetti used Mazzone in his place to serve with the free-U23-change rules – served twice, and both times in the net.
    And the block was quite messy.

After that, my optimist inner voice kept saying to my self: don't be to worried, it wouldn't be the first time that Trento is outplayed in the first set and then wake up and win (or at least start playing), even if the pessimist voice recalled that the last matches vs Perugia and Civitanova went every set worst, practically. Still, being worst than today first set was difficult a challenge :P

And my optimist voice where right: they did it!! In the third set they even won 26-24 after being 24-22 for Perugia, with an amazing Antonov.

My MVP (I don't know the real one) is Van De Voorde, his serves were venom for Perugia!

• Oleg Antonov !!!! Ace on the set point
    Typical Atana! Hitting out at the set point :sos:

So, tell me: he delivered the game to our opponent as usual when it really matters? :rolll:

Pity, he showed some little improvement on this aspect, but you know: regular season is very different than play-offs.

We shall get ride of this player as soon as possible. :wavy:

rbdfabio will soon come here to remind us how hot and amazing he is. :lol: And of course that he was 3 years in a row the best scorer of the league. :dance6:

• Well, I agree that he is hot :P

I forgot to say a statistic nice data: Trento has never lost a 'match 1' of semifinal when playing in Palatrento: 7/7 with today.
    And obviously the Palatrento is still inviolate this season: only 1 point loss in all the matches played there (3-2 vs Monza).
    I always think that the more a positive series get longer, the more the moment that this positive series will end gets closer. I'm happy that today it wasn't the day, and I really hope PalaTrento will stay inviolated the whole season :P (notice that this won't be enough to get the scudetto).

• I think despite Trentino's win, Perugia has the upper hand in this series. Let's see what will Trentino do without its fans in Perugia.
    I also have a feeling that this was the best chance of Modena. I think Lube will win this series 3-0.

Same feeling here. Most of all everything is on us, becuase our best game is way stronger than Trentino's best.

• I did not watch both games. But did Atanasejevic made a mistake in the end? If so, maybe it was a bad set from Dececco? And if Perugia's only problem is him choking in the end, that is easy to fix just set the ball to someone and they will win everytime. :super:

• I think despite Trentino's win, Perugia has the upper hand in this series. Let's see what will Trentino do without its fans in Perugia.
    I also have a feeling that this was the best chance of Modena. I think Lube will win this series 3-0.

Of course Perugia is the favorite, if they will play at their best. The point it's exactly this one: will they? Only the court can give the answer.

About Lube-Modena, I'm scared about a short series two, that's why I was so happy today when I saw Modena winning two sets. I really hoped they could managed to grab the match, for the beauty of playoffs.
    It won't happen so often that Sokolov isn't in the match, I'm afraid.

• Is there a way to rewatch these matches? I can't find them anywhere..

I have searched online however I couldn't find any stream. I also couldn't find tv stream on my IPTV.

So I subscribed to Sportube and purchased single match for 2,90€

Edit: I didn't see "rewatch". Maybe Sportube can provide anyway.

• Is there a way to rewatch these matches? I can't find them anywhere..

I'm crossing my finger for Vabo Vabo youtube channel, but since he usually put the sportube links in the comment under the raisport match, I'm afraid this time he won't put anything online... Damn sportube, they had promise the on demand months ago, if they can't fulfill their promises, at least don't bother who actually cares about people watching great volleyball!

Edit: found it! He put a short volleyball video on youtube and the links to the two matches in the comment ;) You can stream it or download it.
    Civitanova-Modena
    Trento-Perugia

• I did not watch both games. But did Atanasejevic made a mistake in the end? If so, maybe it was a bad set from Dececco? And if Perugia's only problem is him choking in the end, that is easy to fix just set the ball to someone and they will win everytime. :super:

It's Serie A1, not the friends of the peace tournament. You can't win without your opposite even against the bottom team of the league.

• I'm crossing my finger for Vabo Vabo youtube channel, but since he usually put the sportube links in the comment under the raisport match, I'm afraid this time he won't put anything online... Damn sportube, they had promise the on demand months ago, if they can't fulfill their promises, at least don't bother who actually cares about people watching great volleyball!

Edit: found it! He put a short volleyball video on youtube and the links to the two matches in the comment ;) You can stream it or download it.
    Civitanova-Modena
    Trento-Perugia

Thanks! Please give this man an award for uploading these matches. Couldn't find any link yesterday to watch it live. Think I will pay next weekend to watch the matches...

• You're welcome! He definitely deserve a medal for uploading the matches ^^

Next week end they will both be on Raisport HD (and not on Sportube).
    Perugia-Trento Saturday at 6pm, Modena-Civitanova Sunday at 6pm

Ps I forgot to say that another strategy to re-watch the matches is to look for it in the local Tv channel, hoping they have a live streaming online.
    For example, 'RTTR' is Trentino local channel, and they have the live streaming online; the weekend match is usually showed at 9.30 pm on Monday, and again around 3.30 pm on Tuesday. For the middle-of-the-week match you need to check the schedule ('palinsesto' in Italian). Or you can ask to Trentino fb page.
    RTTR home page
    RTTR Schedule
    RTTR Live streaming

I'm not an expert about other teams channels and if/when they aired the matches (for sure not live, though)
    Modena --> TRC (yes Live streaming)
    Perugia --> TEF channel (yes live streaming)
    Civitanova --> I couldn't find it...

• It's Serie A1, not the friends of the peace tournament. You can't win without your opposite even against the bottom team of the league

By saying that, you are FINALLY assuming, last season without Ata Perugia would have never made to the finals, and probably not even to the semis. Just like u said without the opposite nobody can win, if Perugia won last season was because they have their opposite :cheesy: ( they lost to Modena in final but Modena was just stronger with Bruno and Lucas).....

Hallelujah....

• By saying that, you are FINALLY assuming, last season without Ata Perugia would have never made to the finals, and probably not even to the semis. Just like u said without the opposite nobody can win, if Perugia won last season was because they have their opposite :cheesy: ( they lost to Modena in final but Modena was just stronger with Bruno and Lucas).....

Hallelujah....

I assume you're trolling. :what:

• Trento-Perugia

Wonderful links, thanks from my side as well..... :thumbup:

Watched the 4th and the end of 3rd set. Not exactly a beauty of a match but very intense for sure. Trento just delivered better on serve/reception in the end game of these sets. At times it is that simple....

By the way, how could you stand this commentator? Non stop talking in a very stressing frequency. Does she get paid by words?? :white:

• Wonderful links, thanks from my side as well..... :thumbup:

Watched the 4th and the end of 3rd set. Not exactly a beauty of a match but very intense for sure. Trento just delivered better on serve/reception in the end game of these sets. At times it is that simple....

By the way, how could you stand this commentator? Non stop talking in a very stressing frequency. Does she get paid by words?? :white:

All Italian tv commentators are like that, talking like it's on the radio, needing to explain the obvious every single second. The Olympic coverage was almost unbearable, I watched most of the tournament on the Rai streaming channel with the option to turn commentators off. Heavenly.