World Club Championship

• About Gacek - he is third in diggers list and 6th in the receivers list but is first in the libero list. Very interesting statistical problem.

Konrad, unfortunately the chances are pretty even since Huantorena is not in top shape and Trento centers didn't play well yesterday. May be 51:49 at best for Trento.
    You have european finalists from 3 countries in your team, but I hope that the will of Kazyiski and the setting of Rafael to help Trento to win. There is also the question with
    the Polish Cyborg - Kurek. He scored 95 pts, and no matter how young is, he should be at least a little tired. This could help too if he is human :)

• Bartek said that, no matter how long he attacks, he doesn't get tired :D I believe him :D

• In one game - YES, in two games - FOR SURE, in three games - PROBABLY, but the final is the fifth game? He scores 7 pts a set for14 sets in a row

• Well, I just wrote what he said :D If he feels confident and strong thats cool. I just hope he'll be able tday, to play in similar level as in previous matches.
    Dawaj Bartek!! Dawaj Skraa!! :super:

• Ah I'm watching the Match now! Thanx for the links! Awesome! Finally a new star in volleyball! Polish volleyball sure is doing good lately! Kazan look sreally strong this year.

• As fan I belive that Skra will win in the final 3:0, 100% :cup:

As a realist I must say that they have 30- 40% chances against Trento.

Unfortunately we have only Kurek who is able to attack with high effectiveness from 3rd line, Trento has Visotto and Kaziyski. It would by much easier if Wlazly was in his optimal shape, but unfortunately he is not yet.

Anyway, Im a fan so we should win.

GO SKRA, GO BARTUŚ!!!!

• Kurek can't handle whole Trento by himself he need some help from other players :mad:
    2-0 for Trento
    FIGHT!!!
    3-0 ;(

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

Edited once, last by mateo ().

• Kurek can't handle whole Trento by himself he need some help from other players :mad:

Skra is not designed to face Trento with the stupid "golden formula" rule.
    What's the point to have a world class receiver like Antiga and a world class spiker like Plinski when you don't need to pass the ball at the net for a quick play with the MB ?
    (not to mention you don't need a world class setter like Falasca only to set the ball high for Kurek)

If Wlazly had been in better shape, this might have been a different story, but today, skra was definitely not able to defeat Trento with this rule.

• Nooo.... ;( Skra beaten by Trentoo...
    Yeah, Bartek couldn't win whole match against Trento by himself. He seems to be a bit tired rly...
    I saw tday yesterdays match(Skra vs Kazań) n I must say that Gacek recieve a bit better than yesterday. Unfortunately it's still not really good recieve by him, but what to do...
    Trento played brilliant tday. I think that it would be hard to beat Trento in such shape for every team.
    Btw, Kurek the best scorer, Możdżonek the best middle blocker :D Yaay! :dance6:
    Kazyiski- MVP and the best spiker.
    MVP? Hmm...honestly I think Kuraś deserved it a lot more than Matey(with all my respect to him, cuz he's really great player, but imo Bartek was just better in this whole tournament).

• Skra is not designed to face Trento with the stupid "golden formula" rule.
    What's the point to have a world class receiver like Antiga and a world class spiker like Plinski when you don't need to pass the ball at the net for a quick play with the MB ?
    (not to mention you don't need a world class setter like Falasca only to set the ball high for Kurek)

If Wlazly had been in better shape, this might have been a different story, but today, skra was definitely not able to defeat Trento with this rule.

Ur absolutely right!

• totally agree with you Armel both Antiga and Bakiewicz are not design for such a predictable play they need quick set to be effective.
    to bad that Wlazly is not ready yet, with him at his 100 it would be more even match
    TRento is the best team in the world with no doubt their wing spikers are just way to powerfull. it's like having 3 Kureks in one team :obey:
    i hope Skra will have opportunity to have a rematch this year, let's hope it will be in the final of CL :drink:
    i thik Kurek was the best player in this tournament he always spiked on stable doule or triple block

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Kazyiski- MVP and the best spiker.
    MVP? Hmm...honestly I think Kuraś deserved it a lot more than Matey(with all my respect to him, cuz he's really great player, but imo Bartek was just better in this whole tournament).

It's just an unofficial rule to give the MVP title at a player of the winning team.

• Kazyiski- MVP and the best spiker.

Honestly Kazyiski looked better today in the final then Kurek and that's why Kazyiski was awarded I think. But in my opinion Visotto is MVP. He was unstopable today. Skra could do nothing against his spikes (even Możdżonek - the best blocker). Kazyiski was also good but I will remember Visotto play from today's final.
    But generally Skra played fantastic tournament :)

• Kazyiski is MVP probably because he scored the most BP for Trento in the whole tournament. Yes, Visotto was MVP for this game may be, but if you look at the statistics for the tournament, Kazyiski always scored most of the hardest pts. Furthermore - He has one of the best blocks in this tournament - very high block efficiency, he has excellent reception over 50% - 30/58, he has good digging also.

The best players - Kazyiski and Mordzonek! :D

Trento has luck in the three finals they won - Copra, Iraklis and now Skra were not in full package (some of the best players injured before the finals), but the luck comes to the more determined team. Skra had great tournament and if WIniarski and Wlazly had their top shape it would be different.

About Kurek - HE IS A CYBORG - BEST SCORER and with POSITIVE SPIKE EFFICIENCY! Skra should return the medals - it is not fair to use machines in the game :obey:

• Trento fully deserved the title. Matey fully deserved best spiker award.

But I also think that Kurek was the best player of the tournament and should receive MVP award. He was the one who won against Zenit and thanks to him Skra went in final.

In thye tournament he had 199 attacs with 52,26 eff. while Matey 143 attacks with 52,45eff.

But the rule is the winner takes the MVP award.

Congratulation to TRENTO they are really strong team in this squad, and I think that there is no oposites for such game of them.

Very good performance of Visotto as well.

P.S I don't like Stoicev, think he is rude.

• About Kurek - HE IS A CYBORG - BEST SCORER and with POSITIVE SPIKE EFFICIENCY! Skra should return the medals - it is not fair to use machines in the game :obey:

Heheh :D Yeah, but u were right. Bartek was rly a little bit more tired. He made some mistakes today, and he wasn't so fresh like in previous matches. But anyway he's still simply amazing! For me he's MVP of this tournament :D

• Yes Trento was today better but Skra had a chance to win 1st set.

Yes with normal rules Skra I think will play absolutely better. But in fact Skra isn't worse than Trento.

Trento have stong player which can attack from 3rd meter; Kazijski, Jouantorena, Visotto. But attack from 2nd line isn't execute often at normal rules.

Problems of Skra before tournament:

Mariusz Wlazły have been training for 3 weeks after 5 months break( serious injury)

Michał Winiarski one of the best reciver in the world ( From my point od view the best reciver witch exellent reception, block, serve, attack and techniques)

Jakub Novotny was injured last time (in season 2008/2009 he was chosen the best player of Polsih League)

Skra have better substitutes' bench than Trentino.

Sala and Birarrelli are't better middle blocker than Pliński and Marcin Możdzonek (Bernardo Rezende told about him: the best blocker of the world, typical block killer)

I don't know who in Skra will play if Winiarski and Wlazły will be in good shape. Coach of Skra will have a headache which player he should choose.

Skra have world top class reciver:

Antiga wonderful player
    Winiarski
    Kurek young, high jump, serve,block, fantastic attack , worse in reception
    Bąkiewicz great defense, good serve, very godd attack from fast ball (not from 3 meter)

Sorry but if Kazijski or Jouantorena will have problems Trento haven't got good alternative.
    E.g. Herpe isn't world class player. Sokolov isn't experience player .

Falasca and Raphael - + for Falasca

and I personall think that Skra is stroneger generally as a team and have comparable lineups.

Maybe we will see next match between this clubs in Champions League.
    Favorites od this edition are: Trentino, Copra Piacenza, Dinamo Moskwa, Zenit Kazan, Panathinaikos. Olimpiakos and of course 2nd team of the World PGE SKRA . Maybe on FINAL ?

• Well, ok...but it's a little bit unfair. :down:

Since it's always the same thing, it's not unfair.

When Gruzska was the MVP of the European Champiosnhip, was he really the best player of the tournament ? Some might argue that Miljkovic played better as an opposite, but had weaker teammate than Gruzska. Yet it made more sense to give the MVP award to Gruzska who played very well and won.
    This is the same here, Kaziyski played well, and he won.

• I have some responses to Norbert90:

1) Winiarsky is very good complex player as u said, BUT he has one obvious weakness - his attack suffers when he is targeted with serve. This is the reason for couple important losses of Poland in 2007 and 2008.

2) Sokolov is talant like Kazyiski - Prandi said that. He is really strong substitute and after one - two yeara Visotto will have very strong fight for his place.

3) What is important is the amazing year for polish volleyball - one gold, one silver and one bronze. Poland may take the place of Brazil in the future, because you have the right foundations for that.