CEV Cup 2010/2011

• Who is Marcelinho?

Sisley didnt impress me much either. Fb could have won against them too,if Miljikovic had been in the team healthily.

Marcelinho was the setter of the brazilian national team two years ago.He played for pinheiros sky in brazil this season but has some kind of problems with his trainer so he decided to leave the club.

• Yes, that is totally true! I already expressed my disappointment in the Champions league section after CSKA lost against Cannes, but you shouldn't forget something else - if CSKA happens to be a host in the second game with the rules applied for the CEV Cup, they could even qualify with a Golden set, it's probably their only chance.. but let's wait for the draw because there are other good teams and surprises might happen :)

Last season and the season before, I think IECL teams always had to play the last game away, but I could not find anything about that in CEV cup rules.
    Does anyone know if there's a rule about that ?

Because in this case, that's really bad for CSKA, and really good for Sète. Sète has a small Hall (around 1000 seats) , but the crowd is perhaps the fiercest in France., so that wining a golden set there will be a tough challenge for anyone.

About Treviso, adapting to a new setter in such a short time might be difficult for them. Plus don't forget that the setter issue is just part of the problems of Treviso. Right now, I don't see them as favorite at any rate.

If I had to pick one team, that would be Friedrichshafen. But all teams are close. All I can tell is beware from Sète. They have young and technically talented players, they have a great setter (better than Pujol at the same age), they play really well as a team, and they fear no one. If they loose, that would be only after a great fight and they're not making it easy to anyone.

• For me favs are Ziraat and Rzeszow... Ziraat have really good team, Celitans is a monster, Platenik also very good :whistle: also IMO Rzeszow must do something with this team... Grozer, Cernic, Akherm, Millar, Baranowicz...looks impressive indeed.

Sete can surprise but Simovski must get help from OH. I don't see Sisley high, they look average, big problems with OH as Kovar don't play much better than Horstink.. VfB hmmmm simply I don't trust them :rolll:

CSKA :rolll: second year in row this joke team advanced from CL group round... They were lucky Cannes (2 very black months for French team) played in their group :lol: first those guys need to learn how to recept service :whistle: in short pathetic team :gone:

Teruel is ''wild team'', can be danger if they manage to impose their rhythm but any serious team should solve them with ease :whistle:

• CSKA have Evgeni Ivanov - Bulgarian NT best MB in the last 10 years, and Teodor Todorov - may be the best MB in the world physically. They have Ivaylo Stefanov - former NT OH from the rang of Konstantinov, Nikolay Ivanov - former NT setter, Teodor Salparov - NT libero and Portuondo - former Cuban NT OH. The coach is a joke, but the players obviously are not. CSKA have 6 consecutive victories at home. Who else can say that? Not Trento, Tours or Zenit.

• CSKA have Evgeni Ivanov - Bulgarian NT best MB in the last 10 years, and Teodor Todorov - may be the best MB in the world physically. They have Ivaylo Stefanov - former NT OH from the rang of Konstantinov, Nikolay Ivanov - former NT setter, Teodor Salparov - NT libero and Portuondo - former Cuban NT OH. The coach is a joke, but the players obviously are not. CSKA have 6 consecutive victories at home. Who else can say that? Not Trento, Tours or Zenit.

they can have Brazil NT but they don't know how to recieve serves :aww: also defense in field is unknown word :sos: they have 6 wins, 5 of them were 3:2... you're talking about them as they are Modena from the eighties :rolll: Stefanov is probably worst OH in CL I've ever seen :gone: only Portuondo and Mayo worth something.

they didn't won SINGLE away match in 2 years in CL :down: only close match was against Cannes week ago and Cannes was in big hole :aww: this is serious team? be realistic :win:

P.S. I hope u r joking about Todorov :what: :white:

• Did you watch any pictures or actions from Todorov? Do you know his reach or speed of jumping? Do you know how many of his points are crucial for the games he participated in the last two CHL>?
    If you think that Todorov, E.Ivanov or Salparov worth nothing, than you are wrong :whistle:
    http://www.volleyball-movies.p…ov-high-reach-spike-m1276

P.S. The coach is a joke, and the coach is very important for the overall success of the team. CSKA can defeat strong teams without strong reception and defense, although that makes them unbalanced and predictable in the long run.

• My proposal is you both to delete your last posts in this thread and continue in PM's.

I personally find those kind of discussions “he is a joke” or “he is the best in the world” for counterproductive.

• :offtopic:

• As long as the posts are not insulting and argumentative, there is no problem to have oppositions in opinion. I don't see anything peace-breaking neither in my or Kazyiski's post. :roll:

I agree fully with nadedja..

It's not the personal perception of the author that is decisive, because no author wants his own post to be deleted.. :whistle:

'I hope you are drunk ' ...not that polite, in my opinion..and that's an understatement! In general, in my opinion, you claim the truth too strong in your posts, but that's no problem, just a matter of taste.

• CSKA :rolll: second year in row this joke team advanced from CL group round... They were lucky Cannes (2 very black months for French team) played in their group :lol: first those guys need to learn how to recept service :whistle: in short pathetic team :gone:

Pls, save us from this crap. If you wanna use the word *pathetic*, that's any croatian team in this year's european competitions. :white: No need to argue about that. :lol:

Also clinching a tiebreak victory over Zenit is as easy as pie. Or just pure luck. Yeah, right. :wavy:

they didn't won SINGLE away match in 2 years in CL :down:

Actually no away win for third consecutive year in CL but I'll skip your overlooking flaw. ;)

they have 6 wins, 5 of them were 3:2... you're talking about them as they are Modena from the eighties

Yeah? You know what that's called? High spirits and fighting for every single point. Also I might add that everytime a fifth set was coming ahead I was pretty confident the boys would grab the win. Even in Cannes where they lost. 5 of 6 tiebreaks won isn't pretty bad, right? :roll:

Stefanov is probably worst OH in CL I've ever seen :gone: only Portuondo and Mayo worth something.

At last. Something I agree with. I hope Ramma gets more starts in the upcoming fixtures till the end of the season.

Still, your agressive mood was very rude and impolite. :aww:

• I agree fully with nadedja..

It's not the personal perception of the author that is decisive, because no author wants his own post to be deleted.. :whistle:

'I hope you are drunk ' ...not that polite, in my opinion..and that's an understatement! In general, in my opinion, you claim the truth too strong in your posts, but that's no problem, just a matter of taste.

P.S. Which is worse - to be impolite, or to be hypocrite?

• Challenge Round
    ESP – CAI TERUEL - POL – Asseco Resovia RZESZOW
    ITA – Sisley TREVISO - FRA – Arago de SETE

BUL - CSKA SOFIA - TUR – Ziraat Bankasi ANKARA
    GER – VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN - POL – Zaksa KEDZIERZYN-KOZLE

• ESP – CAI TERUEL - POL – Asseco Resovia RZESZOW
    ITA – Sisley TREVISO - FRA – Arago de SETE

BUL - CSKA SOFIA - TUR – Ziraat Bankasi ANKARA
    GER – VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN - POL – Zaksa KEDZIERZYN-KOZLE

Resovia, Treviso, Ziraat and Friedrichshafen are the most probable semi-finalists in my opinion. Ziraat is too strong for CSKA even with better coach (they have Platenik for reception), Sisley are strong thanks to Fei and Bontje, (and their setter), Friedrichshafen showed very strong games in CHL :serve:

• It's better than falling upon any polish team (bad memories from last season :white: ). Sisley Treviso is tough choice, too. So i think the turkish side is quite acceptable given the quality of other teams. :roll:

• It's better than falling upon any polish team (bad memories from last season :white: ). Sisley Treviso is tough choice, too. So i think the turkish side is quite acceptable given the quality of other teams. :roll:

Don't forget that Ziraat won against Italian League 4th Casa Modena :!: ..CSKA Sofia is a good team,too..They won their all matches which was played in Bulgaria and they have very good spectators..But Ziraat played in front of 3000 spectators against Casa Modena in Ankara. :thumbsup: I think the semi finalist will be decided after the golden set in Ankara.(It is a big advantage that 2nd match will be played in Ankara :thumbup: )

• (It is a big advantage that 2nd match will be played in Ankara :thumbup: )

That's what I was afraid of. :lol:

Who is Ziraat's main setter? Maybe starting roster? :white: I'm not into Turkish league so i don't follow other teams except for the CL representatives. :whistling:

• That's what I was afraid of. :lol:

Who is Ziraat's main setter? Maybe starting roster? :white: I'm not into Turkish league so i don't follow other teams except for the CL representatives. :whistling:

Ziraat's main setter is German NT-setter Simon Tischer. Peter Platenik and Gundar Celitans are in their roster as well. They crushed Modena a few days ago..very strong team!

• GER – VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN - POL – Zaksa KEDZIERZYN-KOZLE

Resovia, Treviso, Ziraat and Friedrichshafen are the most probable semi-finalists in my opinion. Ziraat is too strong for CSKA even with better coach (they have Platenik for reception), Sisley are strong thanks to Fei and Bontje, (and their setter), Friedrichshafen showed very strong games in CHL :serve:

:white: I hope you are wrong. I will bet on Zaksa :lol: Go Zaksa!