2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Russian roster
    Setters: Sergey Grankin, Sergey Makarov (C)
    Opposites: Nikolay Pavlov, Pavel Moroz
    Outside Hitters: Denis Biryukov, Alexey Spiridonov, Dmitriy Ilinykh, Sergey Savin
    Middle Blockers: Dmitiry Muserskiy, Nikolay Apalikov, Andrey Ashchev, Artem Volvich
    Liberos: Artem Ermakov, Valentin Golubev

Pavel Moroz is here :thumbsup: :cheesy: Pavlov has backup eventually :D

Denis Zemchenok (OP), Yuriy Berezhko (OH) and Artem Smoliar (MB) are out.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Just so you all know, here the interest and hope in this argentine team is so low that as of now, 4 days to go, no argentine tv channel has bought the rights for this championship! :wall:

If things stay like this, I'll have to search livestreams to watch my own team for the first time in my life :aww: :aww: :aww:

• Just so you all know, here the interest and hope in this argentine team is so low that as of now, 4 days to go, no argentine tv channel has bought the rights for this championship! :wall:

If things stay like this, I'll have to search livestreams to watch my own team for the first time in my life :aww: :aww: :aww:

You are not alone. It is the same situation here in Germany ;(

But actually this is not something uncommon and happens on most tournaments. Lets pray for good streams. This polish commentator already sounds very familiar to me. Hope he is on board again 8)

• Well, guys, what to say... Even we, Poles, having these WCh in our own country, will be looking for live streams or eventually watching matches on some Tunisian or other channels. Anyways, really sad to hear you won't see it on tv :(

Of course, our fantastic newspaper Przegląd Sportowy asks everyone interviewed what does he think about matches in pay-per-view. Same questions both in interviews with Grozer and Heynen. Complete lack of creativity. Half of the interview about damn broadcast... Good that the one from pair journalist - Heynen was creative. And I'm talking about Heynen :D I love this guy. As he described us, Poles "I think you have great traditions in being unsatisfied and unhappy". So true :D I can relate :drink: and though I understand the problem and I'm saying myself how querulous in fact we are, there's no escape, I have it in my blood, no matter how much conscious of it I am

I think I finally feel this atmosphere. Good, because I thought that after so many bad things happened I will be somehow like watching this tournament from the stratosphere. But now - I can't wait. And the worse thing ever is that - unconsciously, I swear! - I catch myself on singing this song called the anthem of WCh :aww:

• Plamen Konstantinov continues with weird decisions. Niki Nikolov is not in shape to go to Poland /sorry, Bella :flower: / and He took... Georgi Seganov. Not Bratoev, not Vlado Nikolov, but a third setter who is probably a tourist.

• I knew it, that sooner or later Konstantinov will destroy my party... Leaving such Bulgarian bull at home... Tremendous... Simply brilliant... No words...

• Plamen Konstantinov is not guilty that Niki Nikolov is injured and cannot play in Poland. I don't understand how he can destroy something which doesn't depends on him. About Seganov we will see how good is this move. Easy Sokolov can play as MB not so much worse than the other MB.

• Plamen Konstantinov is not guilty that Niki Nikolov is injured and cannot play in Poland. I don't understand how he can destroy something which doesn't depends on him. About Seganov we will see how good is this move. Easy Sokolov can play as MB not so much worse than the other MB.

Thats true but if Plamen put Tsetso on MB Bulgaria will have problems vs China and Egypt. I would call some more experienced MB like Gaydarski or youngster like Georgiev. Seganov is a joke, I saw him on junior ECH in Gdynia and he was far from impressing

I knew it, that sooner or later Konstantinov will destroy my party... Leaving such Bulgarian bull at home... Tremendous... Simply brilliant... No words...

Nikolov is injured, why he would take injured player?

• :rolll: :rolll:

where did he find him :rolll:

Some guys from the Resistance /a.ka. Негодници/ had to call some Polish friends to assure he will not get lost in Poland :D

Thats true but if Plamen put Tsetso on MB Bulgaria will have problems vs China and Egypt. I would call some more
    experienced MB like Gaydarski or youngster like Georgiev. Seganov is a
    joke, I saw him on junior ECH in Gdynia and he was far from impressing

Actually Gaydarski in this moment is very far from the needed shape for the national team and Krasi Georgiev is the best player of youth squad which started european champioship this week. Plamen said that he thought to call Georgiev but he decided do not take from young team their best player only to use him as a fourth MB in WCH which maybe he will not use. So we will see how important will be the miss of Nikolov.

• Geez, I haven't seen Gaydarski for ages.

And talking about Nikolov... Emotional reaction, guys. After this saga with Kurek, every late and surprising decision about not taking some player on WCh stinks like a conflict with a coach not an injury case, to me.

PS. Kaziyski, don't be so sure 62000 fans will be necessarily "enemies" of our guys' psyche:tzz:

• I think Serbia will win but just because they're better than Poland right now. Still, the fans will be a boost for Poland to fight it (I really think Poland should have picked another opponent for first match).

• Venezuela roster
    Article

1) Régulo Briceño (Aragua)
    2) Fernando González (Chubut Voley)
    3) Héctor Mata (Anzoátegui)
    4) Emerson Rodríguez (Distrito Capital)
    5) Carlos Páez (Carabobo)
    6) Héctor Salerno (Aragua)
    7) José Carrasco (Yaracuy)
    8) Kervin Piñerúa (Miranda) (C)
    9) Ernando Gómez (Toyoda Gosei)
    10) Jhoser Contreras (Zulia)
    11) Jesús Chourio (Zulia)
    12) Máximo Montoya (Apure)
    13) Daniel Escobar (Miranda)
    14) Freddy Cedeño (Unicaja Almeria)

• Nikolay Nikolov is out of Bulgarian team for the championship, injury. And Plamen took Seganov?!? Now we are with 3 setters and I'm not sure even if Seganov trained with the team at all? This move I really cannot explain and it looks very illogical.

just as he is in Cuneo as a false MB and a true OP?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan