Montreux Volley Masters - 2016 | 5 | 31

• Turkey NT wide roster for Montreux

Setters: Naz Akyol, Arelya Karasoy, Ezgi Dilik, Nursevil Aydınlar (also OPP)
    OPP/OHs: Hande Baladın, Polen Uslupehlivan, Gözde Yılmaz, Güldeniz Önal,Fatma Yıldırım, Melis Durul, Tutku Burcu Yüzgenç, Meliha İsmailoğlu
    MBs: Eda Erdem, Kübra Akman, Özgenur Yurtdagülen, Aslı Kalaç, Ceylan Arısan, Zehra Günes, Melike Yılmaz
    Liberos: Gizem Örge, Merve Dalbeler, Gizem Karadayı

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Does this mean Gozde and Neriman have retired from NT?

• Some of the wide rosters are available and Djerisilo from Serbia is there on the list...I thought she had retired

Djerisilo is playing in the Atom Sopot (POL).

• Yes, I meant retired from NT

Sorry :S

• Having Arelya and Nurseliv but not Gamze is non scense! Even Cagla is a better option
    Fir OHs - why not Seyma? Only Guldeniz is a good passer

The only good explanation is, he probably wants to try these youngsters and see which one are worth to have in Grand Prix. I assume he already has Cagla, Gamze and Seyma on WGP list in his mind and see Montreux as a chance to try other unsure alternatives. Most of his choices are otherwise questionable including Gözde Yilmaz who had a horrible season. I like Nursevil though, she is an ok setter but also works fine as an OPP when needed, can be fun to see team playing 6-2 system with Naz-Nursevil as setter/opp :lol:

• The only good explanation is, he probably wants to try these youngsters and see which one are worth to have in Grand Prix. I assume he already has Cagla, Gamze and Seyma on WGP list in his mind and see Montreux as a chance to try other unsure alternatives. Most of his choices are otherwise questionable including Gözde Yilmaz who had a horrible season. I like Nursevil though, she is an ok setter but also works fine as an OPP when needed, can be fun to see team playing 6-2 system with Naz-Nursevil as setter/opp :lol:

Yeah but why would he put Naz there than?

• Usually when will we know the actual list of players fielded by each team?

One or two days before the tournament kicks off or what?

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Thanks yourHIGHness for the list.

I expand the player names for easier reference :)

CHN NT
    Coach: An Jia-jie
    OH: Hui Ruo-qi, Chen Li-yi, Liu Xiao-tong, Wang Yun-lu.
    MB: Yang Jun-jing, Zhang Xiao-ya, Zheng Yi-xin, Wang Ning.
    S: Wei Qiu-yue, Yao Di.
    Opp: Gong Xiang-yu, Qin Si-yu.
    L: Wang Meng-jie, Shan Dan-na.

Note: also refer to tomen's post #41 at Chinese NT 2016, his earlier player list is accurate.

Yes, Wang Ning (MB), earlier I mistook Wang N for Wang Na (S) :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara: correction ().

• Dutch NT
    OH: Buijs, Plak, Diemkoudre.
    MB: Steenbergen, Koolhaas, De Kruijf, Bëlien, Oude Luttikhuis, Polder.
    OPP: Pieterson (C).
    S: Stoltenborg, Bongaerts.
    L: Knip, Schoot.

Source?

• Brazil NT

S: Juma, Naiane
    OPP: Lorenne, Paula
    OH: Drussyla, Gabriela, Rosamaria (also OH) (C), Maira
    MB: Francyne, Lays, Mara, Saraelen
    L: Erika, Lais

Coach: Wagão

From the original list, Heloiza and Michelle asked for been released and Lyara was cut.

• All matches of the tournament will be broadcasted on Laola :)

Thanks fyi. One of the great feats of volleyball is for being VERY supportive in Live streaming, not just relying on the live coverage by the subscribed tv networks (free from their damned monopolies!) :rose: :rose:

Montreux Volley Masters channel at Laola TV

• Serbia NT:

Setters: Danica Radenković, Slađana Mirković

MBs: Maja Savić, Mina Popović, Maja Aleksić

OPPs: Ana Bjelica, Sanja Malagurski

OHs: Brižitka Molnar, Bjanka Buša, Ivana Đerisilo

Liberos: Silvija Popović, Suzana Ćebić