2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Sarina Koga cut from Japanese roster for week 4

I don't want to overreact, but she went from untouchable -> to the bench -> to Home in three weeks. This is bad for her.

Maybe not. Maybe she has a small injury or a family matter.

Actually, Koga is in Thailand with the rest of the team, so there is a chance that she will return in week 5.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=umAkjZaa7jA Cr: SMMTVHD @ YT

Korea the same roster as in 3 week?

With the return of KYK and their 2 senior MBs Kim Su-Ji and Yang Hyo-Jin, the Korean team for week 4 in Thailand will most like be the same as week 1 & 2. The Korean team for week 5 will most like be the same as in week 3 and if not then it will be just one change to one of the younger players.

The F6 teams will most likely consist of China (host) and the current top 4 teams of USA, Brazil, Serbia and Netherlands. The last spot in the F6 will be a battle between Turkey (5th - 6w, 3l, 19pts), Russia (6th - 6w, 3l, 17pts) and Italy (7th - 4w, 5l, 14pts).

Between these 3 teams in week 4, Turkey overall will have the easier pool matches (Japan, Thailand, and Korea) compare to the other two teams whilst Russia is in week 4 Pool of Death #1 (USA, China, and Brazil) and Italy is in the Pool of Death #2 (Serbia, Netherlands, and Dominican Rep.).

In week 5, Russia will have overall the easier pool matches (Dominican Rep., Poland, and Japan), next is Italy's pool matches (Thailand, Belgium, and Brazil), and finally Turkey with the hardest overall pool matches (Netherlands, Germany, and China).

IMO, if each team starts with their strongest players and there are no upsets, then the favourite out of these three teams to make it to the F6 would be a 2 horses race between Turkey and Russia, with Turkey advancing. I'm sure most of you will agree to the following as likely to occur:

Week 4 - Turkey will have a great chance to win all 3 matches; Russia, on the other hand, might possibly lose all 3 pool matches; and Italy with 1 win & 2 losses.

Week 5 - Russia has a very good chance of winning all 3 matches; Italy with 2 wins & 1 loss; and Turkey winning 1 match and losing the other 2.

If my assumptions are correct, then Turkey will be the most likely to make the Finals with 10 wins & 5 losses, whilst Russia will be on 9 wins & 6 losses, and Italy with 7 wins & 8 losses. One unexpected loss or win can change which team goes to the finals.

• Maybe Busa??... I saw a photo with all of them in the lobby hotel but I could see only 11 players. I can`t identify a player but I think it could be Jovicic or Cirovic...

I think Busa and Mirkovic were left out again... but once Mihajlovic won`t play I was thinking they could bring Busa. But I don`t see Zivkovic on the photo either.

It doesn't look like anyone will. :S

• If my assumptions are correct, then Turkey will be the most likely to make the Finals with 10 wins & 5 losses, whilst Russia will be on 9 wins & 6 losses, and Italy with 7 wins & 8 losses. One unexpected loss or win can change which team goes to the finals.

I don't understand math and I can't follow numbers but I think you've picked the top 6 accurately: China (host), USA, Brazil, Serbia, Netherlands, Turkey.

• Week 4 - Turkey will have a great chance to win all 3 matches; Russia, on the other hand, might possibly lose all 3 pool matches; and Italy with 1 win & 2 losses.

Week 5 - Russia has a very good chance of winning all 3 matches; Italy with 2 wins & 1 loss; and Turkey winning 1 match and losing the other 2.

If my assumptions are correct, then Turkey will be the most likely to make the Finals with 10 wins & 5 losses, whilst Russia will be on 9 wins & 6 losses, and Italy with 7 wins & 8 losses. One unexpected loss or win can change which team goes to the finals.

i generally agree with you except for a few points..
    im not sure if Turkey takes 3 wins out of 3 matches.Japan could win.Korea with KYK had beat Russia 3-0 ???
    in the week 4 : Italy could beat Netherlands and Serbia without Mihajlovic..who to replace Mihajlovic ? Milenkovic or Malesevic ?this means the contribution of the Serbian wings (Tijana-Milenkovic-Blagojevic) wont be as good as its been so far unless Milenkovic has a wonderful match .Italy could beat Dutch team.they are two very close teams.so Italy could do even 3-0 or as you said 1-3 too..i would say 2-1 :)

• China gave Japan a taste of their own medicine at last year's WGP by out-qualifying them to the finals by virtue of being Host. If they do it again this year, imma clobber somebody.

Not that Japan is gonna get that close or deserves to get that close. Jus' sayin'

• I hope Italy quailifies instead of Turkey or Russia. They are a better team IMO. I wish Italy had played with their full squad since the beggining...

• Italy has chance to win all 6 matches. Their defence is amazing, if they stoped so easy Zhu Ting than I don't see any other reason why they can't stop Biskovic or Tandara(who is not on their level). Italy looks perfect as team now when everyone is their. Bosetti-De Gennaro-Sylla defence is amazing. Sylla is helpgin Egonu a lot in attack so if they keep to play like the did We can see surprises...

• i think it would be better if the teams which arent to supposed to do that well at WCH,go to the final round of VNL
    Turkey is one of those teams.moreover ,this new lineup would get a good experience playing the final round

on the other hand,Italy is amongst the potential teams which could do well at WCH..
    i dont know why i see it that way but when one team shows its best at a major tournament then it wont be that easy for that team to have enough motivation,ambition,energy for another major tournament..so teams like Italy,Netherlands should focus on WCH with whole its energy :P

• Italy has chance to win all 6 matches. Their defence is amazing, if they stoped so easy Zhu Ting than I don't see any other reason why they can't stop Biskovic or Tandara(who is not on their level). Italy looks perfect as team now when everyone is their. Bosetti-De Gennaro-Sylla defence is amazing. Sylla is helpgin Egonu a lot in attack so if they keep to play like the did We can see surprises...

vice versa,those teams also could stop Italian best players ..Italy had lost to Japan..they've got ups and downs in their game too

Remember last year? Italy looked amazing in F6 of WGP, and then their atrocious ECh campaign was terminated with a humiliation by Netherlands in quarters just a few months later...

• Can Sylla play the rest of games at high level? I dont think so. She is not stable. If Egonu plays amazing, Italy has chance. Otherwise too late for Italy. :wavy:

• One of the groups: USA-China-Brezil-Russia, the other group: Germany-Poland-Argentina-Belgium. FIVB needs to be More balanced.

It's a robin round system where all teams fight against each other. I don't think its possible to have 5 weeks of well balanced groups.

• well, the last 2 olympics showed that pools tend to be quite unbalanced...

Which is totally diferent from the VNL format.

• im seeing a 3-1 score.
    Hehe

This is the time for brazil to downplay opponents... and the time for usa should they continue to be in first place or not