2012 Olympic Games

• except sokolova DID say she'll trade her WCH gold medals for a single olympic gold. i don't find anything wrong with bruna's statements.

• Yup. But, hey, nothing new, right? Gratcheva in 1994, Cacciatori in 1998, Marcelle in 2002. We've seen it. :P

I don't think startseva is a bad setter, but of course she's not the best setter in this tournament.

• Yup. But, hey, nothing new, right? Gratcheva in 1994, Cacciatori in 1998, Marcelle in 2002. We've seen it. :P

but by having this award, if ever, she'll be on the same league as fofao (twice olympic best setter, 2000 & 2008 :thumbup: ), feng kun (2004), and fernanda venturini (1996)... and well...

• I don't think startseva is a bad setter, but of course she's not the best setter in this tournament.

Yeah, that's the point. Far from that. She may be the best russian setter ever since Vassilevskaia. But she didn't have a very good tournament. In both of Russia's most important matches (Italy and Brazil), she had a poor performance. And besides, how many setters were ahead of her in this tournament? Takeshita, Qiuyue Wei, Kim Sa-Nee, Dani Lins, Berg, Aydemir, I could go on... :whistling: Haha... So, the point, in the end, is that statistics for setters are BS, that's all. They don't really measure how good of a setter you are. We can almost never rely on setter awards, thus, if they're handed according to statistics. If they get it right, it's almost like luck.

We do get to see some very other interesting statistics, though. Hooker in the top 3 blockers. She's got this MVP prize in the bag. I actually think she should be awarded even if USA lost to Brazil. But in case that happens, they're probably gonna hand it to Sheila, though. Brenda Castillo leading by far in the digging statistics, though I don't think they hand a digger award, right? They just give a best libero one. And then you've got Fernanda Garay also leading by far in reception... interesting.

• Congratulations for both Japan and Korea :flower: :cup: match was quite equal, but in crucial moments Korea lost too much points. Saori Sakoda was so impressive 8o she was better even than Kim today :obey: although Korea took 4th place, for me it's still big surprise. If Kim had better teammates the score would look totally different.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• The most important thing about Japan's medal is that they have reached it out of Japan :whistle: During last 5 years, they always have been on top and get some medal (WCH 2010) however all this competitions were held in Japan. In this regard, this is really important that they proved they can play on high level not only in front of their crowd :win:

About Startseva's being best setter; It is due to frequent setter substitutions of other teams such as Fernandinha-Dani, Berg-Thompson, Leo-Rondon, Echenique-Marte, Kim Sa Nee-Lee Sook Ja due to double sub tactic or injury problems whereas Startseva and Wei never ever changed with other setters. :whistle: For a better understanding if you look at setting overall team ranking, Russia is only 6th one ;)

http://www.london2012.com/voll…/type=team-set/index.html

By the way, is MVP reward is always given to a player from champion team in OG? We saw some other players from 3rd or 4th team got MVP in other competition, has it happened in OG before? I firmly believe that it would be unjustice to give MVP award to any player but KYK. She almost never had bad performance (just awesome and sometimes less awesome :lol: ) She succeeded to make her average team reach semi-finals :whistle: I don't see any player in USA team since their success is based on team work (For example, although it seems like Hooker is doing hardest job, to me Logan's work is most crucial for them or their solid blocking system as whole team) :whistle:

• Yeah, that's the point. Far from that. She may be the best russian setter ever since Vassilevskaia. But she didn't have a very good tournament. In both of Russia's most important matches (Italy and Brazil), she had a poor performance. And besides, how many setters were ahead of her in this tournament? Takeshita, Qiuyue Wei, Kim Sa-Nee, Dani Lins, Berg, Aydemir, I could go on... :whistling: Haha... So, the point, in the end, is that statistics for setters are BS, that's all. They don't really measure how good of a setter you are. We can almost never rely on setter awards, thus, if they're handed according to statistics. If they get it right, it's almost like luck.

We do get to see some very other interesting statistics, though. Hooker in the top 3 blockers. She's got this MVP prize in the bag. I actually think she should be awarded even if USA lost to Brazil. But in case that happens, they're probably gonna hand it to Sheila, though. Brenda Castillo leading by far in the digging statistics, though I don't think they hand a digger award, right? They just give a best libero one. And then you've got Fernanda Garay also leading by far in reception... interesting.

the only mvp candidates for me here are hooker and kim but with usa performing better as a team it will be hooker who wins the mvp

• except sokolova DID say she'll trade her WCH gold medals for a single olympic gold. i don't find anything wrong with bruna's statements.

Exactly, she said that to Ze Roberto. Apparently the two of them talked a lot when they were in Fenerbahce and Sokolova said that in one of their conversations. BTW according to Sokolova the relationship between her and Ze was perfect. Pity that Gamova left before Ze came on board. Who knows, maybe they would start to get along great when they got to know each other better. :S

• the only mvp candidates for me here are hooker and kim but with usa performing better as a team it will be hooker who wins the mvp

I never though about Kim taking the prize! Probably Hooker will get the gold, so maybe Kim takes the MVP prize. :thumbsup:

It would be fair :whistle:

• I never though about Kim taking the prize! Probably Hooker will get the gold, so maybe Kim takes the MVP prize. :thumbsup:

It would be fair :whistle:

i dont think that will happen korea lost the bronze so hooker will be mvp :lol:

• Congratulations for both Japan and Korea :flower: :cup: match was quite equal, but in crucial moments Korea lost too much points. Saori Sakoda was so impressive 8o she was better even than Kim today :obey: although Korea took 4th place, for me it's still big surprise. If Kim had better teammates the score would look totally different.

CHEERS for JAPAN. :drink:

They really had a bad time during the semi final round against Brazil. Im happy seeing them with Bronze! I remember someone quoted me that olympic medal for japan in 10 years but it seems that it happened faster than he expected :)

But I noticed that even Saori is having a bad time No Substitution is called. Nevertheless Congrats to JAPAN and KOREA :)

:olympia:

• i dont think that will happen korea lost the bronze so hooker will be mvp :lol:

Both players deserves it! ;( Too bad that just one can take it :pinch:

• Today Kimura have a bad time in attacking, but on defence she still is a key factor to dig and save attack from Korea many times, that's why Japan team still need her on course not only attack but also defence :drink:

• Both players deserves it! ;( Too bad that just one can take it :pinch:

anyway russia nikolai karpol wants to see your brazilian team lose because he ;( a lot after the quarterfinals matchup :lol:

• I didn't say olympic gold medal is not important,
    but actually I admire Brazil for their high consistency,

• the only mvp candidates for me here are hooker and kim but with usa performing better as a team it will be hooker who wins the mvp

But Kim really did bring Korea to this stage!!!
    I really appreciate Kim!!
    Her importance in her team is larger than that of Hooker.
    But Hooker is good, it usually is from the winning team, so high chance for Hooker

• 2010 WCH
    1 Russia
    2 Brazil
    3 Japan
    4 USA

2011 WC
    1 Italy
    2 USA
    3 China
    4 Japan

2012 Olympics
    1 USA/Brazil