2015 European Championships - Netherlands and Belgium

• Yeaaa Croatia won BIG Russia :D
    Come on girls you can show much more ;)

• I think that some users can intentionally write these things about CRO to make you angry. :P And you partially deserved for this because of your kind of disrespectful comments about others teams. :teach: For example you very often try to express that Poland is too weak to fight with top teams. Even after silver medal in Baku your congratulations for Poland were rather specific. :) It can be irritating for some users. Especially that there are so many Polish users on this forum ;)

You represent your country even on this forum. So don't be surprised that people don't want to cheer for Croatia. :drink:

I'm not writing anything to make somebody angry. It's just getting ridicoulus because in fact Croatia still lost to Belarus and please be serious. Do you believe that Russia played 100% today? Because before ECH you were sure Croatia will beat anyone because they won friendlies and after they lost to Belarus you were accusing your coach and blame players and now again you are happy. Please be just reasonable and try to judge matches without any unnecessary emotions. And I really like Croatia and would like them to do well but the truth is their first two matches were really bad although I though they would take 2nd place.

• When i watched yesterday match between Bulgaria-Croatia and Bulgaria leaded with 2 at 1 and 16-12 i couldn't predict what will happens next and that this croatian team will beat Russia and how these beloved from me girls untill today will product in me only disgrace for all team and coach behaviour. I still don't know why all this happens ? Anyway we are again down where maybe we belong. In the begging of the season i dreamed so much about some chances to play qualifications for Olympic games in Rio. Again Nesic is total shmuck who has to quit Bulgarian volley as soon as possible.

• I'm not writing anything to make somebody angry. It's just getting ridicoulus because in fact Croatia still lost to Belarus and please be serious. Do you believe that Russia played 100% today? Because before ECH you were sure Croatia will beat anyone because they won friendlies and after they lost to Belarus you were accusing your coach and blame players and now again you are happy. Please be just reasonable and try to judge matches without any unnecessary emotions. And I really like Croatia and would like them to do well but the truth is their first two matches were really bad although I though they would take 2nd place.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I was writing rather about my feelings. In general I strongly support CRO NT. :drink:

• Giovanni Guidetti is building a powerhouse. Not sure if they are a gold medal team already, but let them train with the best coach of nowdays a few years and you will see Netherlands among worldwide top NTs soon.

• my opinion on Croatian team..(though i havent watched any matches of them so far in this ECH)

ive never liked Senna as a OH....i find her weak offensively
    Miloş is an underrated MB...she is a more efficient offensive middle than POljak ;) Poljak is sure better blocker and motivator for her team
    Barun is a good/useful OPP..
    Fabris is far from showing what she is expected to show at the high level...she needs to play much more high level matches...to be honest,she never impressed me when i watched her..lets watch her improvment
    i dont know much about the setters and the libero
    Topic looked better attacker than Senna to my eyes..

• I don't understand this observation, they look fine to me, the only thing i have seen fitness wise if anything is Gozde Sonsirma looking ripping fit, and they are getting fitter game by game.

With such a shapeless Opp, one can't beat SER or RUS. That's why this performance might be enough to beat BEL or GER but not enough for beating medal contenders. Either Polen should improve her game or Gözde Yılmaz should be starter.

Guidetti is doing great with NED. Indeed they are the opposite type of Guidetti's previous team. With GER, Guidetti always lacked gppd offensive OHs whereas all of his OHs are rather defensive ones. On the other hand, NED has more than enough offensive OHs, Bujs, Plak, Pietersen, even Sloetjes can play as offensive OH. :whistle:

I can't wait to see their receiving performance against good server team such as TUR :box:

• i dont know much about the setters and the libero

In fact the setter and libero seem to be the weakest points of Croatia. Nikolina Bozicevic is very promising player but simple not ready for this level. She has very shaky reception and probably that is why Croatian game is so unstable. I think that Vercesi should find more experienced libero for the olympic qualification tournament.

• Mira Topić 57% in attack.
    Today Croatia played as team and I hope that we can show this against Italy. Today we were blocking like crazy only one thin is not good and that is reception. I like a lot Bozicevic, young libero never played on this level and still showing so good things in her digging. Defence is much better with Barun and Topic back.
    Attack: Milos 64%, Poljak 71%, Topic 54%, Barun 43% only Senna had 21% I think.
    Fabris in key parts of the game had amazing kills.

One more thing. Today Senna and Mira didn't cover so much Nikolina in reception. That is something what destroyed us against Belarus.

• Curious how would play Russia if Guidetti was Her Coach ?

Besides the game, I would love to see Guidetti getting slapped on the face by Goncharova or Kosheleva. I'm sure he would make big stars of Malykh, Zaryazko and other younger players.

Well done by Turkey! They did not give a moment to Belgian girls to think during the entire game. Polen was not very efficient but Naz has been setting very few balls to her during this tournament. Unfortunately Neriman & Polen get the worse sets, usually fix balls from Naz and that explains their low percentage in attacking. I don't like Gözde Yilmaz either, I would instead like to see a dynamic, young player: Hande Baladin. A good performance at this level can really change her entire career in terms of self confidence.

Netherlands is simply amazing! Italy looked like a mediocre team against them. If no surprises happen, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and Netherlands are candidates for semis. :drink:

• I have no idea what Bonitta seees in Diouf. She brings absolutely nothing to this team. She has a horrible volleyball tecnique, zero athletic skills, cannot block to save her life. She jumps like she tripped on a cable someone dropped on the floor.

I agree on the lack of volleyball technique, for me she is not 'beautiful' to watch until she fasten her arm to hit the ball, but how can you say she doesn't bring nothing? C'mon, she's always trying her best and these days she is our only high-ball spiker that seems to remember how to hit a ball...

does anyone know why doesnt Centoni play?

I've no idea :( I honestly don't know Sorokaite well, but I'm very disappointed by her in this ECH. I don't like her attitude very much...

BTW, Olanda was absoluty amazing and they totally deserved the match. At the same time, I can't remember Italy doing so many silly mistakes in the same match (or even set) :( We were really off tonight.

I wanna believe in my team, but now we put ourself in a very dangerous path, starting from the probably excited Croazia and in case of victory having to face Russia. And then... Probably Serbia! Kinda a nightmare. Oland earned an incredible chance to get the final, imho (while we wasted it ^^').

• i must also admit that i dont like the way Diouf spikes :| ...i ask myself how such an afro-italian player can jump so little ?..
    i cant see any thing special in Sorokaite's game..i think only exciting italian player could me Egonu and maybe middle Bonfacio

• Netherlands is ways stronger team than Italy, which wasted nothing. I didn't expect more than 15 points each set. :whistle:

Malinov in Lo Bianco's place improved the team so far. :whistle:

• Netherlands is ways stronger team than Italy, which wasted nothing. I didn't expect more than 15 points each set. :whistle:

Netherlands is ways stronger team than Italy, which wasted nothing. I didn't expect more than 15 points each set. :whistle:

The match spoke clear so in this moment it's absolutely right to say Netherlands is stronger, but I really can't see how you can say Italy wasted 'nothing'. They did very silly and unlike-them mistake, and that it's kinda objective. The end of first set was a real nightmare.

BTW, (considering the main roster) except for one OH this is still the team that join the semifinal of the WCH, beating in their path the two finalists (so it's impossible to say that they had an easier path to the final 4).

I may add that more than one (to be precise, four) italian coaches believe(d) Russia, Serbia and as a third Italy could make to the podium or at least to the final four, with Oland as the usual 'ECH surprise'. Of course they are partial, but at the same time very experienced, and if they saw something in the Italian team, it means they have this 'something'. That doesn't mean that they will play well for sure, but that they have the potential to do it. And yesterday they clearly didn't, mainly thanks to Oland, but partially thanks to themselves.
    I have this imagine of Del Core sending in the other court a really elementary defense: that doesn't mean she can't handle a ball like this, that means she played awful yesterday (and I didn't like her the other two matches either).

About Leo and Malinov, it is more subjective, but in the first set when Malinov and Sorokaite joined the match Oland had like 3 point more, when they left the court near ten...

• For me Italy since WCH are in the same situation that Poland is. They have an experienced team with some youngsters added but their game organization is not there and reception is missing a little bit to fight against Holland. But anyway we have seen that under pressure Ned plays way worse and the question is if they can handle it. Yesterday they were flawless but they had their place secured so it's a different game.

• To me Italy is a very average team. Last year it was Piccinini the one out of shape, this year it's Del Core. Without the only 2 world class spikers, Italy it's a QFs NT if they play their best.
    And Centoni benched to Diouf and Sorokaite is a joke.

• To me Italy is a very average team. Last year it was Piccinini the one out of shape, this year it's Del Core. Without the only 2 world class spikers, Italy it's a QFs NT if they play their best.

That's also a terrible lecture to volleyball fans simply showing, height matters much more than technique in volleyball. Diouf has the technique of an elemantary kid in volleyball but compensates a lot with her physical advantage. Centoni has a much better technique but honestly I dont think she can save Italy either. Centoni is not like a leader scorer in any team and gets blocked easily in crucial points.

• Up to now nothing special happened except Azerbaijan v.poor performance and Hungary qualification.
    Real ECH will start as from Wednesday.

Netherlands team is not as strong as they showed against Italy. Italy played without fighting spirit with a lot of mistakes (plus Dutch fan support).
    Serbia may suffer soon because of World Cup long tournament.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't see any Turkey or Russia match so cannot comment their performances.

Unfortunately Del Core is in the starting six and she is supposed to be our strongest OH, while Piccinini (which didn't really deserve to be in the WCH, imho) wasn't, so it was easier to adjust that problem, even if sometime we needed brave solutions like Centoni and Diouf both in.

I'm really sorry that Lucia isn't playing her best, I like her a lot and I hope she'll do better the next matches. With her and Del Core out of shape (both in attack and reception) it's tough, even with an organized game we can't cover for 2 of 3 high-ball spiker.

About Centoni, I agree, but right now Diouf is doing quite well imho... Sorokaite :mad: