Italy - Serie A1 2015/16

• Even in today matche they change everything. :lol:

Fabris is attacking much better from position than from position 2. But she doesn't have good reception, that is problem.

• Novara is a lot like Eczacibasi this year. They've gone the entire season without finding the best line-up, with so many options at their disposal, but a piece of the puzzle is always missing. Whenever an issue appears to be solved, another one arises. Fawcett was awful tonight. Malešević is hitting with much more confidence and is really good at exploiting the opponent's block, but then her reception was suffering. Fabris is wasted as an OH, it takes a toll on her both physically and mentally. Guiggi was uncharacteristically lackluster. Cruz was actually doing fine tonight, but some of her previous performances were simply embarrassing for a player of her reputation.
    Modena managed to be much more solid in pretty much all elements.

Pomi and Novara eliminated seems like such a waste considering their player material. But then Bergamo and Modena showed that volleyball is team sport afterall.

• :thumbup:

That sounds strange, because that means, that qualification is handled different in different leagues, despite virtually all feature nowadays one to two league rounds and a playoff either starting with quarter-, semifinals or directly final. I can understand, that in Italy it is handled differently because of the huge risks to bail out in playoff against league round standings, as seen at last (and not for the first time). But the CEV forbid some years ago qualification for CL by winning the national cup (which was done only in biggest leagues with three spots for CL, I think). So the rules should be more uniform, I think.

The CEV has announced, that free places in CL qualification will lead to byes for high seeded clubs/leagues, bye the way. So if many of them don't accept the berth they earned, there will be no games but skipped rounds...

• Why is Pietersen a bench player? She's so good...

• Ikic playing so well. Who would say? :whistle:
    And Maja is so good, but sometimes I think she tries too hard to do some wild stuff and prove she is good

• WTF did Rondon try to do on that last ball? They had a chance to make the point... :wall:

• I think Ortolani felt her calf again...very unlucky for Conegliano..

first Hodge doesnt start with a problem in her left knee, and then winning 2-0 you lose Ortolani, who was playing quite well.

• Can't believe I missed the matches... I hope there will be replays on youtube, but I doubt it

You missed nothing. It was a boring match between Modena and Conegliano. Seriously Lega Volley, 2 rounds (QFs and SFs) in just 10 days? These play-offs are completely ruined by the schedule. Teams underperforming, very tired, injured players...

For example.

Modena played 4 games in 8 days. :white:
    Casalmaggiore played 4 games in 6 days. :white: And they knew from months the were playing a CL F4...

Oh, yes, Azerbaigian schedule is complete mess... :whistle: