2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• they playing really well . to be honest i didnt expect that great shape of Polish but now i see we play like 2 years ago :) with passion with emotion and i like it :P it can be great turnament for us and we cant ruin it :super:

yeah 8o 8) :win:
    it looked like ther game on last WCh.

the only one minus is serving.
    i don't know even how to explain that they are playing volleyball for many years and now they cannot serve well! :serve:

• yeah 8o 8) :win:
    it looked like ther game on last WCh.

the only one minus is serving.
    i don't know even how to explain that they are playing volleyball for many years and now they cannot serve well! :serve:

yes you are right . our serve is terrible but today it looked better then with previouse matches. well i notice that with a new ball float serve is more dangerous and jump serve is easy to receive . good news for us :win: cuz apart from WLazly and WIniarski everyone use float :D but well if we have serve on Bulgaria's level we would be unstopable at this OG :) we need to give other teams a chance to win :rolll:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

No chance for us, but in that shape we are nothing still will happen. I see Poland who suppose are tired but now... they will grab 3rd place possibly. Plamen Konstantinov - what we will do without him. Todor Aleksiev - making so stupid mistakes! I can't even watch him, but he will be the replacer of Plamen Konstantinov. And Dancho Lazarov - the president of our federation - he is stupid and everybody must sign a declaration to fire him, because he is the one who slows problem with Konstantinov, only for money he is there, like many idiots in the parliament. But don't worry - he wil take what he deserves. The shape in which we are is higher than against Japan. What we will do with Italy I don't know. It's good for us that Japan lost the game against China. Japan wil lose to USA, Venezuela plays with Japan and with us, possibly will loose one game and we will qualify. If we reach a form in we will play a game like that in WC 2007 against Russia, we will make our tournament. 12 years without Olympic Games and now.. problems.

What bothers me most is the actions of Dancho Lazarov. There is no other president going against his team like he did! There are problems in this team and, in fact, there have always been! The good thing is that the team is very united though we would wanna see some more aces :) Aleksiev was great in attack yesterday and was not much worse than Kaziyski in reception. However, I am very disappointed by Kaziyski's performance so far. Yesterday he played as if he didn't want to. He was stopped by the US block so often that almost made me cry... Once Kaziyski shows his potential, Aleksiev calms down and, eventually, Plamen gets back we will be able to make it. It is sad 'cause there is no unbeatable team in Beijing like Brazil in previous years... Italy has been in volleyball crisis for a long time, we've been quite successful against them lately. Hopefully, one more time on Saturday.

• I think everyone here is being awefully critical. You seem to be judging Bulgaria by their absolute best level. You cannot always play at your best. Even players like Kaziyski are human and can be stopped by the block. I do agree that I've seen him play better, but that's what it is. I was actually fairly impressed by the way he was blocked 3 times in a row and then was still able to score the next few points. I know that I for one have a hard time recovering when in such a situation. I really like Todor Aleksiev now actually. His reception might not have been that good, but in attack he's awesome!! He seems so calm when making his approach to attack and has a wonderful technique, really a lot better then I am used to from him. I was rooting for Bulgaria, because the USA seems the team to beat this tournament, though I agree that they are not as unbeatable as Brazil used to be. It does really go to show that performance in volleyball really is not about the individual players, but the way the form a whole.

• I know I might be a little bit critical but I am tired of watching Bulgarian players losing their games in any kind of competition in Beijing :wall: Volleyball is among our last hopes... I expected everyone to be in perfect shape, it's the most important tournament this year after all!

• YavorD ure totally right! No wrestlers, only 1 medal for 1 wrestler, no weightlifters - tour major competition in every Olympics - we're taking usually 7-8 gold medals. In Sydney only Boevski who didn't train with with national team took his gold medal at home, and the others because of Sopharma and the drugs they took contained prohibited substances. Maria Grozdeva - gold winner from the last 2-3 Olympics said that nobody is taking his children to sport halls, nobody wants to train and our sports are going very down, very down! In Seoul 1988 we were in 4th position by total medals taken! Now - only 1 bronze. Sometimes I think somebody wants to get rid of us!

• YavorD ure totally right! No wrestlers, only 1 medal for 1 wrestler, no weightlifters - tour major competition in every Olympics - we're taking usually 7-8 gold medals. In Sydney only Boevski who didn't train with with national team took his gold medal at home, and the other because of Sopharma and the drugs they took contained prohibited substances. Maria Grozdeva - gold winner from the last 2-3 Olympics said that nobody is taking his children to sport halls, nobody wants to train and our sports are going very down, very down! In Seoul 1988 we were in 4th position by total medals taken! Now - only 1 bronze. Sometimes I think somebody wants to get rid of us!

Most likely we are ruining our sport by ourselvs, that's the bitter truth actually.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• I agree with AFROMAN. It is sad but true :(

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• yes you are right . our serve is terrible but today it looked better then with previouse matches. well i notice that with a new ball float serve is more dangerous and jump serve is easy to receive . good news for us :win: cuz apart from WLazly and WIniarski everyone use float :D but well if we have serve on Bulgaria's level we would be unstopable at this OG :) we need to give other teams a chance to win :rolll:

heh, float is too simple to use it on OG :mad:
    but Zagumny's float is quite hard to receive :D

• Italy-Bulgaria 3-0 (25-20 25-21 25-16)
    Now see what is the result! Awful game by ours, against highly motivated Italian team. Or maybe we lost by other reasons (Plamen Konstantinov is hiding, dont wanna get in Beijing!)

• I feel bad and sad as well for Bulgaria. With their problems right now, their chances for the gold may seem slim. I hope they work themselves back to contention. I do want them to medal along with Brazil, Russia/Poland even though the US seems strong right now.

• Just a little update:

Hugh Mccutcheon is now back to coach for the US. While his wife wiz, together with wiz's mom and 2 sisters have flew back to the US.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Even against USA we played better and had more chances to win! I think Italy didn't play so good today, the truth is we have played very very bad! And for gold - HAHA, what chances we have, we might have chance for bronze if we could take back our shape from WC 2007, or better- from May this year! It's impossible.BoyanYordanov - he made so many mistakes, in WL he was even better, why they are playing so bad iI don't know. And Lazarov - He is some engineer, he even don't understand what means word volleyball, and from national television called him yesterday to ask what's going on with Plamen Konstantinov and he said e is not interested in him he's interested about onl;y about our team and performance. It's obviously that he will leave our federation after these Olympics! And there are some rumours Plamen wants to take his post. Conflict between him and and Plamen now is ruining everything! We could not even go to quarterfinal!

• Hey guys, tell me where I can watch Brazil-Poland?

you can watch it here
    http://www.itvp.pl/

then you click "zobacz transmisje olimpijskie na itvp.pl" and then you look at "teraz nadajamy" and click tvp2 :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Officialy - Plamen Konstantinov is going to Beijing, he is already on the plane, which took off 30 minutes ago. I hope he can play even against Venezuela. Congrats to Italy, they were better today and deserved to win. I believe in my team and I expect better performance, I can't wait to the 1/4, surely the most important match at the Olympics...at least for now. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Brazil DEFEATS Poland ( 3-0 )

30 - 28

25 - 19

25 - 19

• Hey what were the Brazilian guys gesturing after the game? With the fingers on crossing both hands. It looked weird. Gustavo started it. :lol:

Anyway, Poland is really strong. Its almost certain they will be 3rd in Pool B...so IF there will be NO drawing of lots in the quarters for the 2nd/3rd ranked teams, then im sure they will face Italy in that manner. It will be a good match up. :box:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)