World Championship Japan 2010

• OMG. What a game ITA-NED.
    Go Manon. Go Netherlands. :obey:

• :wall: :wall: :wall:
    We are similar to the Polish team....at big moments we collapse.... 3rd set losing eventually is a disaster..

Why Kim Staelens not earlier/more for Dijkema? Why keep Chaine Staelens so long inside the court? Why in 5th set first 8(?) sets to backrow?

• :wall: :wall: :wall:
    We are similar to the Polish team....at big moments we collapse.... 3rd set losing eventually is a disaster..

Why Kim Staelens not earlier/more for Dijkema? Why keep Chaine Staelens so long inside the court? Why in 5th set first 8(?) sets to backrow?

After all. Dutch girls play very well today.
    But Selinger should be responsible for the loss.He did not change Kim for the right time!

• Dudes, seriously shut up with your finger pointing and whose fault it is. It's volleyball, one team wins, one loses. You're only post rationalizing and speaking in hind sight. Great match.

• Dudes, seriously shut up with your finger pointing and whose fault it is. It's volleyball, one team wins, one loses. You're only post rationalizing and speaking in hind sight. Great match.

Come on HeelMooi, you are talking cr@p! It might be typical Dutch to stress the details/ faults, but that's the difference between winning and losing a topmatch. You know that as well! Look at the statistics and you will see Chaine Staelens only scored 7 attacks in whole match, which is a disaster. Further Selinger should have substituted Kim Staelens more/earlier for Laura...at the one side it's good to give Laura confidence, but if you want to win such match like today, Kim Staelens should have played more!

• 'Grote' is good Player. Where will She play in new season?

You mean Maret Grothues, I presume ;) She won't play in a clubteam in new season; she will train fulltime with NT, like Dijkema, de Kruijf and Schoot.

• It was a very pleasable match:Net-Ita.
    Flier played great ( I think she starts to be a real leading player for Holland if she continues to play that way).and Maret played very well.I feel pity for Holland fans.
    For Italy, they are lucky to have Gioli +Lo Bianco.I think they can have serious problems against strong teams like Russia,Usa,Brazil.Ortolani is not a Flier.She is a team-player when her team plays well then she plays well.Barcellini also played very well.Italy will look for Barazza a lot at next phases.Gioli is a great attacker but not a great blocker.

• The main difference between Italy an Ned is that italy play more as like a team... The holland fans must hope that Manon 'll not has a bad day...

Aniway I have never seen a good italy ther's too much black-out douring the match, all the sets started 4-0 for ned, the spike in pos. 4 today was awfull, Barcellini save us, Fracesca come back soon... we need of you. :obey:

So if we don't improve our game we 'll be out to semis...

• Italy collected 40 points from their middle blockers.(Arighetti 19. Gioli 21) :obey:

• The main difference between Italy an Ned is that italy play more as like a team... The holland fans must hope that Manon 'll not has a bad day...

Aniway I have never seen a good italy ther's too much black-out douring the match, all the sets started 4-0 for ned, the spike in pos. 4 today was awfull, Barcellini save us, Fracesca come back soon... we need of you. :obey:

So if we don't improve our game we 'll be out to semis...

I agree Barcellini saved Italy. She did very well! Yes, we are too dependant of Flier, but Grothues did well today. Chaine Staelens is our weakest OH, like in previous tournaments, though she can't do anything for it actually, because it is caused by her knee-surgeries.

• It was a very pleasable match:Net-Ita.
    Flier played great ( I think she starts to be a real leading player for Holland if she continues to play that way).and Maret played very well.I feel pity for Holland fans.
    For Italy, they are lucky to have Gioli +Lo Bianco.I think they can have serious problems against strong teams like Russia,Usa,Brazil.Ortolani is not a Flier.She is a team-player when her team plays well then she plays well.Barcellini also played very well.Italy will look for Barazza a lot at next phases.Gioli is a great attacker but not a great blocker.

Excuse me, but Manon has been our leading player for many years already...( since 2004 I think) :teach:

• Congrats to Netherlands!! 8| I didn't expect they would play so good, they improved a lot in the last months!! In particular Grotheus is sooo good, very intelligent player...Dutch team didn't miss Stam too much today!

On the other hand, I'm very disappointed by Serena Ortolani. :thumbdown: She was the weakest point for Italy, too bad for an opposite who is supposed to be the main attack weapon in the team. Ortolani has got lot of power, but no tecnique at all.. not enough for a world class spiker. Fortunately :obey: Barcellini saved us! Thanks Barcio! :flower:

• Congrats to Netherlands!! 8| I didn't expect they would play so good, they improved a lot in the last months!! In particular Grotheus is sooo good, very intelligent player...Dutch team didn't miss Stam too much today!

On the other hand, I'm very disappointed by Serena Ortolani. :thumbdown: She was the weakest point for Italy, too bad for an opposite who is supposed to be the main attack weapon in the team. Ortolani has got lot of power, but no tecnique at all.. not enough for a world class spiker. Fortunately :obey: Barcellini saved us! Thanks Barcio! :flower:

I agree with you. Ortolani should improve a lot. also Grothues. She's a young super star for the Dutch team :rose:

BTW, who is the girl on your display pic if i may can ask you?

• Does Piccinini has any injure?Why she is still in tribune?

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I agree with you. Ortolani should improve a lot. also Grothues. She's a young super star for the Dutch team :rose:

BTW, who is the girl on your display pic if i may can ask you?

It's Lucia Bosetti's sister...Caterina Bosetti! 16 years old, OH, 180 cm, Gold medal and MVP in the last Junior European Championships :thumbsup: She is the next future of Italian volleyball :cheesy:

• It's Lucia Bosetti's sister...Caterina Bosetti! 16 years old, OH, 180 cm, Gold medal and MVP in the last Junior European Championships :thumbsup: She is the next future of Italian volleyball :cheesy:

Thanks for answering :drink:
    Italy have got a lot of young and talented players who can lead the team in some years soon...
    Bosetti sisters,Marta Bechis,Noemi Signorile,Imma Sirressi and the others...I'm glad about that fact :dance6: