World Championship Japan 2010

• Sorry, I take issue with that. I think we can all go beyond the biased thing, cause, really, c'mon. I'm brazilian and I can very well recognize that Zé Roberto usually copes with losses like this - it's not the first time. When Brazil lost to Cuba in the Pan American Games in 07, it was the same thing: the guy was convinced that the last ball was in, or out, or whatever, but he couldn't admit the referee made the right call. Same thing today, he probably has done it a couple of times more. Not classy, not high spirited, not a great attitude, ok. He made a bigger deal than he should've. But, for you to come in here and attack brazilian fans/coaches/media as a whole, calling us all "sore losers", I think that's really not classy at all either. There's good fans and bad fans, good press and bad press, so I find it "intimidating" of you to single us out like that. I really don't care what team you support and what team you don't, but show respect, man.

By the way, I'm sick and tired of hearing a bunch of brazilian journalists saying our team is better than the others - and some passionate nonsenses along those lines -, but I think it would be fair to say that these girls collectively recognized the superiority of the russian team and pointed that as the main reason why they lost, wether they kept composure or cried their eyes out. So, I don't know what you get coming in here and trying to make us - fans/media/coaches, as you put it - all look bad. But I just don't think it's cool.

Just to clarify, I'm not calling Brazilian fans/coaches/media as a whole sore losers, but there are documented incidences of questionable behavior by all groups mentioned that shouldn't be glossed over. Yes, there are great Brazilian fans/coaches/media that do a great job of representing their program and country in a positive manner, but that doesn't justify others' poor behavior or make me classless individual for pointing those things out. Ze Roberto's comments regarding the nationality of the referee went beyond poor attitude, IMO. For the head coach of one of the biggest volleyball programs in the world to make a racially driven comment at a press-conference is unacceptable and he should be reprimanded for that. The head referee during their Olympic gold victory was Italian and the games were in China. Did he have a problem with that then and prefer a Chinese referee? Of course not, because they won and that sort of comment makes no sense. The men's thrown match against Bulgaria in the WCH was another example of poor behavior on the part of both the coach and the players that not all, but a large portion of Brazilian supporters were trying to justify as "playing within the rules" and when their libero, Mario, made a comment that they indeed lost the match on purpose, and many Brazilian press and fans were VERY upset by his comments. Only to have Bernardinho come out and admit to things and apologize only once everything was said and done and they already won. When you're at the top of the game, what you do and say is magnified and Brazil is no exception to that.

My only intention is to bring to the attention of the global audience on this forum certain issues that are being discussed in the Brazilian blogosphere/media that perhaps they weren't aware of because the volleyball community at large generally doesn't speak Portuguese. I think it's only fair that if you are going to make comments that others have the right to disagree and give counterarguments. On forums/media that are country-specific, the members are obviously going to be biased towards their home nation and that's what makes this board special is that there is a large international group that can share their perspective from many different viewpoints.

• When will FIVB announce the new world rankings :?: :?:

The new FIVB women's world ranking should be like this:

• Brazil 240
    • USA 205.5
    • Italy 165.75 (+1),
    • Japan 165.75 (+1)
    • China 157 (-2)
    • Russia 143.75 (+1)
    • Cuba 104.5 (-1)
    • Poland 98.25
    • Serbia 83.75
    • Germany 77.25 (+5)
    • Netherlands 75.5 (-1)
    • Turkey 70.75 (+10)
    • Dom. Rep. 63.25 (-2)
    • Thailand 62.75 (-2)
    • Algeria 51.75 (-1)
    • Puerto Rico 51.5 (-3)
    • Peru 48.25
    • Korea 46.5 (+3)
  • Russia played better, thats it.

sad to see, some of you, ever attacking the moral and/or behavior of brazilians players/people based on nothing. i read a lot of game's reports on brazilians press, and didnt see nothing about the girls blame the judges for they lost. Natalia, for example, said that she didnt played her best game and Gamova had an glorious day. Obviously that they mad about that point, but they known russia played better and stated that.

So, stop with this bulshit about us, okay?

and i doubt with my life that jaqueline said that about picci. so if exists prejudice or racist in here, is on commentaries about the brazilian behaviour altogether. (im also considering the commentaries about the men's world championship)

• The new FIVB women's world ranking should be like this:

5.China 157 (-2)

My poor Chinese team :teach: It would be diffrent if hui was in WCH 2010 and new coach is sick anyway.Any news about Rouqi Hui?I heared somewhere that Hui has retired her volleyball career hope it is not :thumbdown:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Picci is not a saint, but nor is Jaqueline. She screams like a banshee and she had some controversial behaviour too. Just remember her saying bad words to Spanish player Fernandez. It is all on youtube - "briga do Jaqueline".

Some players behave well, others do not. Unfortunately some fans just do not want to admit that their favourite players are sometimes a little bit over the top. For exemple I admit I abasolutely don't like Gioli's behaviour on court.

If you pay attention in every match there are always the same players involved in quarrels or controversial interviews - Picci, Ramirez, Jaqueline, Fabiana :whistle:

Well, nobody said that Jaqueline is a saint. ''Canter '' just said that he likes her. Just like some people like Piccinini although she was making faces while Manon Flier was receiving her MVP award at 2009.But that doesn't mean that they both are not good people. Lets try not to make too much of all this.
    And what about Jaqueline's screams? Surely she doesn't scream to scare Piccinini. Such behaviour was some other pleyers' speciality.

• Well, nobody said that Jaqueline is a saint. ''Canter '' just said that he likes her. Just like some people like Piccinini although she was making faces while Manon Flier was receiving her MVP award at 2009.But that doesn't mean that they both are not good people. Lets try not to make too much of all this.
    And what about Jaqueline's screams? Surely she doesn't scream to scare Piccinini. Such behaviour was some other pleyers' speciality.

Picci was not making faces when Flier was receiving the MVP award at '09 Euro Champs. She was just amazed by the 3-time kiss on-the-cheek Flier delivered to the man who gave her award which is intrinsic to Dutch people. There were no teasing or any other ulterior motive involved - just a facial expression unfamiliar to a tradition.

• and i doubt with my life that jaqueline said that about picci. so if exists prejudice or racist in here, is on commentaries about the brazilian behaviour altogether. (im also considering the commentaries about the men's world championship)

Geez everyone knows that Jaqueline said that for Picci. You can check page 39 of this thread, for starters. I guess "joanamss" was the first one to mention this on this forum.

• Picci was not making faces when Flier was receiving the MVP award at '09 Euro Champs. She was just amazed by the 3-time kiss on-the-cheek Flier delivered to the man who gave her award which is intrinsic to Dutch people. There were no teasing or any other ulterior motive involved - just a facial expression unfamiliar to a tradition.

I think that is a Polish or generally Slavic tradition to give three kisses. In fact the man giving the award kissed her twice, then Flier went away, but the man gave her another kiss. Picci said to the other players that the man wanted to kiss Flier a third time. I think that is why she was doing faces. ;)

• I think that is a Polish or generally Slavic tradition to give three kisses. In fact the man giving the award kissed her twice, then Flier went away, but the man gave her another kiss. Picci said to the other players that the man wanted to kiss Flier a third time. I think that is why she was doing faces. ;)

Yeah, sorry that was exactly what happened :)

• I think that is a Polish or generally Slavic tradition to give three kisses.

Yes, this is a tradition. In Ukraine and Russia too.
    The more kisses the better, especially if it's Flier. Anybody disagree? :D

• “Sacar na Piccinini é legal para caramba, ainda mais porque ela não passa legal”, comemorou Jaqueline. That's what she said in Portuguese. The translated quote isn't very good and doesn't capture how catty she's being.

• As you can see, she first of all points out to that three-time kiss on-the-cheek tradition and then makes that facial expression. She makes that face to the tradition because it is not a common thing and obviously, she is struck by it. That's all. No big deal. This can't even be compared to what Jaqueline said. Why can't people admit that what Ze Roberto said at the press conference and what Jaqueline said about Picci were completely unsportsmanlike, unreasonable, irrational and conceited of them? Personally, I don't have any harsh feelings against Brazil or Jaqueline. I'm not a supporter of Picci or the Italian team, either. I am just pointing out to 2 things everyone has witnessed in this tournament. That's all.

• She obviously made a disgusted face after that imitation, so it's not like she was just surprised. What I gather from this is that she was disgusted with the man who kissed Flier, not Flier herself - she probably thought "What a dirty old perv" or something like that. :P

• Even though it's WAY off topic here, I have to share this queen of face making with you. :D It's the Ukrainian rhythmic gymnast Oksana Skaldina who thought she was robbed of the silver at the Barcelona '92 Olympics and made her feelings well known during the award ceremony. Starting at 2:15 in this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAm9Wvo8OHY

Makes all of the volleyball players including Piccinini look like amateurs. :P

• Ok I'll give my opinion, my fair opinion being brasilian, but that admires a lot european teams...

For the first record, well, what Jaqueline and Fabiana said it was not nice, but again, they told to Uol, that is a site that likes to creat polemics! (I know, cause during WGP, my sister gave an interview to them, cause we were supporting Italy in são cArlos, and they changed a lot fo things my sister said, and also put it like we hate Brasil team and we were against our own patria, and so on, as if cheering a different NT in Volleyball made me less patriotic, but ok, lesson learned, never talk to them again..hehehe, not that they will want talk to us again too..hehee) I think its possible that JAqueline didnt said with that precise words they wrote....maybe she could had just said it was nice to serve in Piccinini today, cause she didnt recieve well, and they turned into that....but again I dont know, maybe she did say that.....but the important thing is that, no matter what, if she said it or not, she let come out in the press like that, so she should be more carefull. And for me that is desrespectfull enough, even if she didnt had the intention...For me Fabiana words were even worse, cause she called Piccinini presumption...and I think really hard to change that words to something with different intention. Maybe FAbiana has that impression of Piccinini, but she never should said in interview....since its her opinion only, and she can be really wrong (as I think she is). For a long time I follow Piccinini, and I never see her being desrepectfull to anyone, in any interview, and I already talked to other players that played in ITalian championship agianst her, and they all said to me Picci is a nice girl...and about the ECH award, I think she was not making fun of Flier itself, but for the situation, for the three kisses, and that is it. Not being disrespectfull or putting Flier down in anyway. Anyway, we will never know, so I dont think we should judge for that. anyway, I'm not saying Jaque and FAbiana are bad persons, only saying they were wrong in their comentaries, and why they did that, I can not really know..

Now for the final....well, commom guys, we have to admit this team dont know how to loose veyr much indeed. Specially Zé, he can give credits to Russia, but he always have to come with something else, he never let just the 'Congrats to Russia they were the best'. That is just how he always faces defeats. And its not to oponents, or referees only, many times he blame brasilian players itself. Like it was to Mari in Grand Prix this year, one day before she injuried her knee, He told, 'well we will be hard to win if one of our OH makes only 7 points" (talking about Mari)

Anyway, I think the biggest problem this Brasil team has is this, they dont know how to deal defeats...that is why they always carry the defeat preassures to other tournaments, they just cant let go. And the only ones to get worse cause of that is them. I mean, of course its sad to loose, but man, think about it, analised what you did wrong and let go! That is why when comes future games, they have atitudes like the ones they had against Italy. They lost to Italy the year before, and they wanted to revange by any cost! When they got it, they got to excited, to much! To the point of being desrespectfull in their coments. And at the same time, when they get into finals like this against Russia, in decisive moments, they have the hole weight of past defeats....that is just bad for them.

But again, that is only the analises I had from all this.

I think most brasilian players, like Sheilla, Natalia, they admitted Russia was the best...specially Natalia, I think from all she was ithe one with, thought she is the youngest, the best reaction of it. But in other hand others dont know how to deal very well. Specially the staff, much more then the players...they already even said Russian players make fun of them, and that was something after the game, dont know, I didnt see anythng, so I cant say about it...anyway, dont needs to generalized also....some brasilians like to find reasons in other things but most, for what reading in twitter and everything, just admitted Russia was the best and that is it.

The truth is, braislians trainned a lot, and they think cause of that they deserve victories more then anyone, but its really hard to talk about deserve....who decides who deserve more? So that dont exist.why we deserve and others no? So they should just deal with defeats more naturally...defeats are part of any athlets career...

But again that is only my opinion... ^^

• :thumbup: I totally agree with Joana :teach: :win: